Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Question: when best to attend Ron Fellows C8 Driving School?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

IIRC, the gentleman whose daughter paid for the class was 84 years old, and had the fastest time in his group for the autocross. Maybe the fastest time overall.
    Scary: an 84 year old with the fastest "track time"; imagine his time had he been 40 years younger with an even better reaction time! Good for him!

Comment

My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find it.

For people who have attended or live in the region, is there a time of the year I should probably avoid going to the driving school? Ex. too cold in January/February. I would assume in the Vegas area rain is not much of a concern, but perhaps there are times when the chances of getting rained out are a bit higher?

Comment

Originally posted by socarate View Post

For people who have attended or live in the region, is there a time of the year I should probably avoid going to the driving school? Ex. too cold in January/February. I would assume in the Vegas area rain is not much of a concern, but perhaps there are times when the chances of getting rained out are a bit higher?
        I was told by the RF team, they train rain or shine. The week before I went back in January, they had several inches of snow overnight, but still managed to get their driving and training in. Obviously in summer, the area is very hot. But the cars AC work well and you will still enjoy your training. Have fun whenever you go.
        Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by socarate View Post

I'm going to Google monthly average temperatures and rain in order to pick a good month. More than likely, as a first guess, I'm going to be looking at March - May.
          Mustang GT (new, 1st year models): 1987, 2006, 2015
          Other notable: 1972 Charger (1st car), 1995 Trans Am
          2006 C6 (used) convertible, 2LT, 6spd, black / tan
          2021 C8 (new) convertible, 2LT, red mist / black & tan
          Deposit 17Jul20, 3000 ~20May21, 3300 ~24Aug21, 3400 ~31Aug21, 3800 ~7Sep21, 5000 22Sep21, 6000 24Sep21

Comment

Originally posted by StangToVette View Post

I'm going to Google monthly average temperatures and rain in order to pick a good month. More than likely, as a first guess, I'm going to be looking at March - May.
            I tried this. Looks like there is a bit of conflicting info but in general I think you are pretty close. April through July seems to have the lowest chances of rain. There seems to be peaks around February and August time frames. But even those peaks are only around 1 inch with 2-5 days of rain. So not exactly the Amazon

Comment

You will interact with lots of different instructors, if the mood thing was an issue, they all have different life schedules, the moods of any will average out over all of them, so there is no way this should be a concern.
              For me the main thing that made a difference in my enjoyment was doing a lot of studying ahead of time, for instance I figured out what track I would likely be on and studied the track and watched lots of youtube videos of it. I knew I would have more fun and get more out of it if I already knew the track cold and so I could focus on technique. I learned this lesson from from the first time I did the class 5 years ago. I also wanted to go when it was not too hot and not too cold, and this past Nov 11 worked out great.. oct and nov historically are decent temps, not sure about what spring months are as good but you can easily google that.

Comment

I loved the experience so much my wife and I became members at SM. 😁Really there are very few days you don't get great weather for driving. For about two months in the summer it does get hot, 100+, but they are well organized and unless you really don't like the heat, the classes are great fun and value as they give perks for those months. The evenings are spectacular in the summer.
                Any other time of year it is very rare for the weather to cause issue. It can snow, but snow usually is gone within minutes - but every ten years or so it will stay low enough to stay on the track for a part of a day. Rain is every once in a while but makes the lessons far more fun and valuable in my opinion. Again, once every ten years or so they will get enough rain to cause flash floods and that will affect your day. In summary, ten months a year are perfect track conditions with an occasional curve from weather. We have attended many events all over the country and this is probably one of the finest, if not the finest school experience for the money you can attend. The staff and experience is way above what most offer. Don't miss it! 👍

Comment

Everyone on their staff was friendly and approachable. Never an issue. I took advantage of the summer discount and the extra night offered. Yes, it was a hot weekend, but it was not intolerable at all and you are always running the car with the windows up and air on no matter what time of year you go.
                  (Kicked 2020 Longbeach Red Order)
                  2021 Corvette 2LT Red Mist w/Transparent Roof
                  Performance Exhaust and Front Lift Adjustable Height
                  GT2 Bucket Seats w/Natural Napa Leather
                  Yellow Brake Calipers, Edge Red Engine Cover
                  Vossen HF-3 Graphite Polished Wheels

Aftermarket plans left: Engine bay LED lights, maybe an appearance package if I find one I like.

Comment

I think I will go when they start doing the class with the z06
                    2022 2LT Torch Red Coupe with natural interior, glass top, yellow seatbelts, yellows calipers, NPP exhaust, body color high wing spoiler

Comment

I think you will have to buy a Z06 to get the subsidized price to drive their Z06. Buy a Stingray, take the class in a Stingray. Buy a Z06, take the class in a Z06. That makes sense to me, the point is for you to get familiar with the driving characteristics of YOUR car. You could pay full price and take the Z06 class I suppose.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X