Keeping your C8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping your C8?

How many perspective Z06 buyers plan on retaining their original C8s?
    Selling my C8 for my Z06
    29.57%
    Plan on keeping my C8 to sit next to my Z06 in my garage
    6.96%
    Not buying a Z06
    63.48%

Can not afford to keep my C8 Stingray so it sorrowfully will go on sale on April 2nd next year.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Can not afford to keep my C8 Stingray so it sorrowfully will go on sale on April 2nd next year.
      Somebody is going to get one heck of a car. That sorrow part won't last long John, I'm assuming right up until you take delivery of your Z06 and hit that start button to hear the AMAZING sounds of the FPC motor.
      2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

Selling my c8 or trading it in when my c8 z06 comes in probably 1 1/2 or 2 years away.

i only have a two car garage and today I had a 240 50 amp service installed in my garage for my better half's electric audi etron.

i have to say charging now happens at an additional mile of range for each minute of charging. Its pretty cool.

so only one corvette in my garage at a time until the corvette team prodices a corvette EV supposedly in 2024.

thats when Ill have two corvettes innthe garage.

Comment

Interesting poll.

My wife won't let me keep 2 Vettes.
          2021 Stingray: 11.13.20 MM Deposit #777 - 4.15.21 2000 - 4.20.21 3000 - 7.15.21 3300 - 7.22.21 3400 - 8.3.21 3800 - 8.4.21 4000 - 8.11.21 5000 - 8.20.21 First Drive

FBO 2009 BMW 135i vert

Comment

Are you kidding? After the time it took to acquire the Stingray I'm definitely keeping it and will be my road trip car and will log on the miles of smiles.
            Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Hanging onto my 2020 C8....getting a 2022 Volkswagen Golf GTI manual to drive in bad weather when (if) they ever go into production.

Comment

Originally posted by c0bra View Post
                Interesting poll.

I HAD a wife that told me 8 was too many. So I built the 8 up to 12 cars at one point. And since found I could do very well without the wife.

WARNING - Don't try this at home. It could lead to some serious repercussions.
                Last edited by Frenzy36; 10-20-2021, 09:05 PM.
                Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

One trip on this Rollercoaster Ride was plenty for me ... not trading in my Beautiful 2021 Red Mist HTC Z51 for a few hundred xtra horses this 60 YO will never use.
                  1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
                  2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
                  GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post

I HAD a wife that told me 8 was too many. So I built the 8 up to 12 cars at one point. And since found I could do very well without the wife.
                    I'm out of room in the attached garage too, so I'm putting in plans to build another external garage to park 5+ cars with a 2 post lift and 14' ceilings. Just in case I need to stack cars in the future. Now if the HOA will hurry up and approve of my plans I'll be good to go. And I'm lucky that my wife is behind me all the way... She's a keeper!

Comment

Interesting poll.

If I had the room I’d still have my C5 ...

But having a 2021 C8 and a 202x ZO6 would not fly in my house ... kinda like my Wife’s 3 Shoe Closets, a 4th just doesn’t make sense. What can you do with 4 Shoe Closets that you can’t do with 3

Ok ... sorry ... a little humor, and if I could, sure I’d take a ZO6
                      1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
                      2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
                      GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post

WARNING - Don't try this at home. It could lead to some serious repercussions.
                        Your story of years ago made me smile. I had a wife who said if I bought my first corvette she would divorce me, take the house, my money, the kid and the car so what did I do as I the next day? I called up a dealer out in long island and ordered up a new bright red 1999 corvette . I didnt talk to her about it again and actually forgot I ordered the car. 7 weeks later I got the call my new corvette came in. The next day i took the ferry across the hudson and a train out to centerreach long island where the salesman picked me up in his 1996 c4 grandsport at the train station,

That night I drove home smiling from ear to ear in my bright red 1999 c5 z51. When I got home the garage door opened and my wife was smoking in the garage...i swear she almost swallowed that cigarette, i pulled in and as I parked I said what the hell either way Im a winner.

as I got out of my new corvette in the garage she came over gave me a kiss and said she was glad I finally did that for myself. Best thing I ever did for my marriage.

when it came time to buy my new z06 a few years later. I said I wanted to talk to her about buying a new z06 she said could we afford it? I said of course Im paying cash. She smiled and she said your a great father and husband. Do what makes you happy.

Life is good. Btw I always do the same thing for her. I believe thats what marriages are all about. Helping your spouse achieve their goals in life whatever they are. After getting c8 I bought her a new audi etron a few months later and when I told her she now has the most expensive vehicle in the household, that made her smile.

every husband laughs as i tell them that story,

Last edited by JB; 10-20-2021, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I left my dealer an email today asking if I could roll my $3000 deposit to a Z06, then trade my C8 back to him. He said he would know more after the 26th. I guess pricing will be important.

It will also be interesting when these Z06 will start shipping to dealers. Parts are HE77 to get now (DCT filters are not available) The Z06 may not use the same DCT filter as the C8???

By this time, I will either take ownership of a new Cadillac CT5 Blackwing, OR if I'm done with "GO FAST", a nice "normal" SUV. I'll be a young 72 then no more need to vroom, vroom. I'll leave this to you younguns.

Comment

Interesting poll.

When I picked up my C8 my dealer said, “do you want your deposit applied to this car or do you want me to keep it and roll you on to the Z06 list?” With no obligation to buy I told him to roll me on to the Z06 list. I doubt I’ll buy it, I’m so pleased with my Stingray. But it’ll be interesting when he calls me to take a look at the Z06!

Comment

Mine isn't a C8 but I'm keeping my zr1, I want the option to row gears if I'm in the mood. I wonder if I'll still want to drive it after the new one shows up

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X