Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

Little molded car statues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little molded car statues

Cant remember what they are called. The small C8 "models" they give you when you buy a C8? Do they still send these?

I think so ...

For some odd reason, it is delivered to Corvette Owners months after they've forgotten that they exist.

Why ... I don't know.

Maybe they send each of them separately on their own Cargo Ship from China
    1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
    2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
    GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

John reported Harlan Charles said they would be sent to all 2021 purchasers. I suspect the models are made in Asia, and that there are several thousand of them stuck on a cargo ship waiting to unload in California.
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
        John reported Harlan Charles said they would be sent to all 2021 purchasers. I suspect the models are made in Asia, and that there are several thousand of them stuck on a cargo ship waiting to unload in California.
        It totally baffles me why something like that couldn't be made in the USA for an American Sports Car

It's Molding Machine, Paint and Padded Box ... Mattel and Hasbro has been doing for decades

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

It totally baffles me why something like that couldn't be made in the USA for an American Sports Car

It's Molding Machine, Paint and Padded Box ... Mattel and Hasbro has been doing for decades
          I'm willing to bet nearly 100% of Mattel and Hasbro toys are made in Asia, not the US. It all comes down to money.
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Too bad "chips" aren't not made in Silicon Valley or Texas. charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Many call them “speed shape models” though there are other names too. They are a gift, our looking a gift horse in the mouth. How about if we know they are coming at some point and when they do they will be a delightful and unexpected surprise since it had been many months since our car arrived.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

I'm willing to bet nearly 100% of Mattel and Hasbro toys are made in Asia, not the US. It all comes down to money.
                Unfortunately you're probably right

Comment

I like the Die Cast models too. I wonder if there is a TOP brand, not a cheap look a like

Do you guys get any accessory credit to the parts department when you buy your C8 ??

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                    Cant remember what they are called. The small C8 "models" they give you when you buy a C8? Do they still send these?
                    Hi,

As a metric, my 2021 was delivered in Mid-March. I received the matching color model from GM in late August. So it was almost 6 months interval as one data point.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckM View Post

Hi,

As a metric, my 2021 was delivered in Mid-March. I received the matching color model from GM in late August. So it was almost 6 months interval as one data point.
                      cool, glad they are still doing it. there is no telling all the stuff i have sitting in a container somewhere including my wheels.
                      thanks
                      buzz

Comment

cool, glad they are still doing it. there is no telling all the stuff i have sitting in a container somewhere including my wheels.
                        thanks
                        buzz
                        Just think Happy Puppies ... 😂

I had dozens of FexEx boxes sitting in my garage for months before I even had a Car.

My Wife thought I was crazy.

Comment

thanks
                          buzz
                          Got my C8 in late March. No model as of yet. I’m sure it’ll come eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Metfish View Post

Got my C8 in late March. No model as of yet. I’m sure it’ll come eventually.
                            So maybe next Spring for me, since I just got my C8 in late August

Comment

I like the Die Cast models too. I wonder if there is a TOP brand, not a cheap look a like

Do you guys get any accessory credit to the parts department when you buy your C8 ??
                              GM will give you 20,000 GM rewards points. (Actually, they're changing their points system, and it will soon be 2000 points but the same cash value) worth $20 that you can use for parts or service at participating dealers. Anything other than that is up to the individual dealer.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X