X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmyb
    Sr. Contributor
    • Oct 2018

Originally posted by KAOS
    Just my two cents, but it seems to me that BG would have to extensively retool the assembly line to come up with a wider chassis, etc. Or am I missing something John?
    Chassis is the same dimensions, I imagine. Maybe some different materials as it is "screwed and glued", but same size wise.

Comment

• oooseun
      Sr. Contributor
      • Nov 2020
      • Bay Area

Everybody loves a widebody until it's time to drive and park it 😫.

the stingray is already quite wide; wider than a jeep wrangler, 911, LC-500, BMW 8-series, Bentley mulsanne, point is, much wider and it's going to start to be an issue to navigate with.

Comment

• meyerweb
        Special 2022 Contributor, Founding Member & Patron
        • Jul 2018
        • Northern Virginia

Originally posted by Egon

trailering is going to be an issue for people trailering to the track. I have the largest Trailex open trailer and the C8 barely fits on it. If it is even 2 inches wider it’s going to be a real problem.
        Maybe the rear fenders have quick release fasteners.
        Delivered 5/29/2021!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels, Carbon Flash splitter and side skirts, magnetic engine cover mod & custom painted engine cover, AMT door sills, Soler throttle controller, SmartTop HTC controller
        >22,000 miles
        Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

• 73shark
          Forum Founding & Sr. Contributing Member
          • Jul 2018
          • KC metro area

My SWAG is 3" total based on comparison between the mirror heads and the rear fenders. What's the width difference for the C7 models and what's the width difference between the C7 and C8 Stingray?
          Save the wave.
          Deposit on 5-7-21
          Order in 2-20-23
          3000 2-28-23
          3300 4-10-23
          3400 4-5-23
          3800 4-14-23
          R8C 5-5-23

2LT HTC w/ GDO (Accelerate Yellow), R8C (NCM delivery), EFY (Body color exterior accents), NPP (Performance Exhaust), FE2 (Mag ride), E60 (Front lift), TVS (Low wing (replaced with a GM high wing) & splitter)

Comment

• C8Driving
            Sr. Contributor
            • Dec 2018

The C8 Stingray is 2” wider than than the C7 Stingray or just 1.15” narrower than the C7 Z06.

Comment

• JB
              Senior Contributing Member & Patron
              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by oooseun

the stingray is already quite wide; wider than a jeep wrangler, 911, LC-500, BMW 8-series, Bentley mulsanne, point is, much wider and it's going to start to be an issue to navigate with.
              I CAN just fit my stingray in my standard two car garage with a single door. The door is so wide I have to park at an angle as I pull into the garage so I can get out with my better half's audi etron cuv in there,

im hopeful its not much wider than the stingray. Im voting 2 inches wider total. I believe the c8 stingray is 1.5 inches wider than the c7 stingray.

Comment

• hogyld
                ZORA Patron & Sr. Contributor
                • Jul 2020
                • WNY

Fortunately, for me, that’s not too much of a problem what with us having a 2.5 car garage. But, my garage is my man-cave too, so between my bar, bar stools and then too moving my guitar equipment around, and then making sure the drivers door swings out without hitting the wife’s Harley, all these and more, are 1st world problems.
                07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

• Meldoon
                  • Jul 2018
                  • Merlin

A Stingray only needs to be about .8 per side wider to fit the .345’s………but she looks wider than that…….

Click image for larger version  Name:	BF83DB28-8A9B-4C8D-B122-6217073AEC8D.png Views:	0 Size:	2.31 MB ID:	320071
                  I’m goin’ driving 👍

Comment

• WillRockwell
                    Senior Contributor
                    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by oooseun

The C8 is the widest car I have owned, another 4 inches would be too wide for my carriage house door
                    Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

• Meldoon
                      • Jul 2018
                      • Merlin

Originally posted by willrockwell

the c8 is the widest car i have owned, another 4 inches would be too wide for my carriage house door
                      bring it on!
                      I’m goin’ driving 👍

Comment

• Meldoon
                        • Jul 2018
                        • Merlin

For those with narrow garages, a “self parking feature” like Tesla has might be just what the doctor ordered. No need to open the doors in the garage.
                        I’m goin’ driving 👍

Comment

• DavidM
                          Senior Contributor
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Waco, Texas

I am thinking 4" total width increase, which is a lot. I have 12' wide garage doors so not an issue for me no matter how wide they are.
                          2024 Z06 2LT Coupe Red/red/black interior
                          2001 Z06 Millenium Yellow/Red/Black
                          1966 Coupe Red/Black with Factory AC, PS, PB, PA, KO Wheels

Comment

• joemessman
                            Sr. Contributor
                            • Nov 2018
                            • Lake Havasu City, Az

I'm fortunate enough to have a triple wide double deep garage. The wider the better! And I'm keeping my C7 version of the Z06. Can't wait to experience the difference between a push system compared to a pull system.

Comment

• JB
                              • Jul 2018

Fitting in the door isnt the issue its opening the drivers door and getting out of the vehicle without smacking ,my wifes audi etron.

sure if she drove a smaller vehicle it wouldnt be an issue...pulling in at angle is to be able to get out of the corvette not parking the car. Too late i got bit by the ev bug for her. Fwiw the ev life is fabulous. All the naysayers fears are irrational at best for 80 percent of owners but thats another topic for another day. Doesnt look like GMs new cadillac Lyriq ev cuv is any smaller and pretty sure the proposed corvette cuv ev wont be smaller either

im guessing the c8 z06 will be no more 2 inches wider than the current stingray otherwise the new wishbone on the side is part nerf material so we can park this beast and still get out in a normal parking space.

(Kidding)

two-inches wider than the current c8 stingray tops...that c8 stingray is already 1.5 inches wider than the c7 stingray. I believe the c7z06 is 3 inches wider than the c7 stingray and 1.5 inches wider than the c8 stingray.

so my c8 z06 wodth estimate of two inches wider than the c8 stingray is generous and may even be closer to an inch and a half total width over the c8 stingray.

.75 of an inch wider on each side is possible to still pack the wheel wells with wider tires...Ill throw out an extra inch for the rear hips to be generous to the stylists
                              Last edited by JB; 10-15-2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• JB
                                • Jul 2018

Btw GM authority states the c8 is 2.2 inches wider than c7

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...