Upcoming Z06 Press Release: Type Of Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Z06 Press Release: Type Of Content

In 12 days we will see the official GM Z06 press release. While each GM press release has unique features, looking at the C8’s Press Release issued on 7.18.19 will give each of us a good idea of the basic outline of, and the information that would be contained in the Z06’s 10.26.21 Press Release.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9301B4B6-BBB2-4655-92A3-B416F664683F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	321.4 KB ID:	319680

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...teGS/2020.html

Key as shown in the C8 Stingray’s release and which will be repeated here are GM pictures of different views of the car. As minimums we will see several to many outdoor ones (including of different versions and different angles of the car),at least one interior picture and one coupe engine picture. Might there also be videos of highlighted Z06 mechanical components as there were for the Stingray?

Of course since many components of the Z06 not only are identical to those in the Stingray, and as the 7.18.19 release provided details on a bunch of those, the Z06’s will instead focus solely on “points of difference,” i.e., our best guess is that the Z06 will have around 1,500 parts that are unique to it;

As to when exactly GM will release it to us, as I am accredited GM media, the second it is time wise release-able heremit would be posted here immediately! At this point my best guess is either around halfway through the reveal but right after the film is over, or not until the very end of the round table discussion, e.g., the closing of the virtual reveal event.

What will the film be about and composed of? Based on past GM practice, it will be a combination of the two previous teaser videos, the ad that we saw being made in Nurburg when the Z06’s were there testing about 3/4 weeks ago, the Pittsburgh HTC ad, additional video footage I know is being filmed right now, and of course the ubiquitous PowerPoint information slides. Then afterwards will be the round table discussion. Best guess is that around the table would be GM President Mark Reuss, Executive Chief Corvette Engineer Tadge Juechter, Corvette Chief Engineer Josh Holder, Marketing Director Harlan Charles, Chief Exterior Designer Kirk Bennion, Chief Test Driver Alex MacDonald, and Chief Calibration Engineer Michael Hurley. Of course there could be substitutions, for perhaps GM has some additional ideas up its sleeve…. (And if so apologies in advance if I left anyone out.)
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

John, I'm curious....will this be a live "round-table" where those viewing online can submit questions that are randomly chosen to be answered by the GM staff present? I'm not saying GM is McLaren but when they did the 21' F1 Livery reveal with Lando and Riccardo they did something similar with fans remotely. Would be super cool if it was like that.

Comment

I do not know but believe it will be limited to GM staff discussing this among themselves. Based on nothing, or just my wishes, I think during it we will in some form re-visit the Nurburgring.

I am looking forward to it, wondering which of 1000 subjects will be raised/answered — and what new information will be presented within it that is not part of the press release. As we discussed above, will the press release be shared during the discussion or deliberately held and released right after it is over?

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

It will be interesting to see GM's president be part of the discussion for the introduction of a sub-model. Made sense for the C8. They could limit the panel to Tadge and Alex and probably not run out of topics of interest to me, although ride calibration is of high interest to me given my Z06 will mostly live in the land of less than perfect roads.
        2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Every day brings us closer 👍👍
          Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Press Release Content:
            Please Tell why. "The streets will never be the same".
            BMEP. compare it to GT3 and 458
            Engine and tranmission specs
            Performance numbers.
            Weight.
            Price.
            Production date.
            ---
            That's it. All.

Comment

Price: Roughly $90K to roughly $180K.

And more. We just need patience for 12 more days.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                Price: Roughly $90K to roughly $180K.

And more. We just need patience for 12 more days.
                John, do you think inflation is going to kick in on the pricing more now that everything else is becoming more expensive and harder to get? Do you think they will try to keep the first year production pricing down or will they be forced to bring up the price from a lower price they might have released it at otherwise? It seems like everything is rocketing up quickly and they won't have much of a choice than to increase entry price on this model.

Comment

Good questions but as I can not predict inflation, I am not going to predict what GM might do in years 2+. I agree with your assessment that GM likes to have low year 1 pricing, but we have had strong car price inflation that last two years and the MSRP has only gone up about $2K for the SR.

Good you asked relevant qustions. Reality is going to have to determine real, future answers.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X