After 11 months.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 11 months.

Yes, after 11 months I am still learning about my C8. This morning was a little cooler so on my way to breakfast I thought well I'll turn on my heater. After looking up and down the control panel I gave up. But after breakfast a friend tough me how. Having a C8 is great but learning more about it is also great.

I feel your pain. I think I'll be learning on the fly too. I can't see learning much on a 3 hour PDI training.

Comment

Press the AUTO button and set the temp. and you are good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
        I feel your pain. I think I'll be learning on the fly too. I can't see learning much on a 3 hour PDI training.
        The car comes with the great accessory called an owner's manual.

You can get a head start here: https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam...ers-manual.pdf
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by jagtoes View Post
          Press the AUTO button and set the temp. and you are good to go.
          Absolutely....I try to neutralize all the BS on the car.....setting the temp on auto and sync it pretty much eliminated the silly wall of buttons....

Comment

Auto, sync… that’s it… I have no idea why people complain anout a row of buttons in an era where many car manufactures makes more and more enveloped, backwards and confusing interface without physical buttons…. If you are two people driving the other one can fiddle with the buttons while yiu wear the driver’s hat. If it is you alonenin the car, turn whatever on before you start your drive…
            Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
              2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
              GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

You can get a head start here: https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam...ers-manual.pdf
                Yes sir. Like most , I'll sit in my driveway with the top down, reading this biblical owners manual, learning what I need to know. I would print out the one Meyerweb gave me but it would wreck my poor little printer, not to mention the INK :-(
                Last edited by Buzzsaw; 10-15-2021, 08:57 AM.

Comment

I still need to figure out how to set the modes and instrument cluster, zoom out on the rear view mirror, and have two memory seat positions on each key
                  2022 2LT Torch Red Coupe with natural interior, glass top, yellow seatbelts, yellows calipers, NPP exhaust, body color high wing spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post

Yes sir. Like most , I'll sit in my driveway with the top down, reading this biblical owners manual, learning what I need to know. I would print out the one Meyerweb gave me but it would wreck my poor little printer, not to mention the INK :-(
                    I read through it on my computer before I ever had the car. Then again after I got it home.
                    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Sure is fun learning all about what the car can do and how to set it up.

Comment

This car is just phenomenal. My wife calls it “your nice fancy car”, and fancy it is…but not too fancy. But, when the Z06 arrives…Zzzzooommm!
                        07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

I spent two hours yesterday with a trained Corvette expert. Myself and my salesman learned many things neither of us knew about the C8. There are so many things to learn and I'm sure over time I will keep learning.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Manuals should really be called Prato-Manuals…. You read them from cover to cover then use 20% information that’s in them… 🙄 I do go through a new car manny and mark things like tire pressure, opening the hood, break-in requirements, fluid types, seat memory, TPM, Sound System Programing, Frunk n Trunk manipulation, and the trouble indicator section… then I’m good to go…🏎
                            2022 Arctic White Z5, HTC, AH2seats, Perform Traction, Carbon Flash Mirrors, Red Calipers, Comp Rocker Ext, Carbon Flash Spoiler, Carbon Flash Nacelles, Front Lift, Mag Ride, Std Wheels (going to Black Chrome) Front/Rear Splash Guards, Torch Red Seat Belts, Museum Plaque, Two Tone GT2 Seats Red-Black, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Sueded Steering, Batt Charge, Museum Delivery 1100 for 647 Days, now 3000 TPW is week of Nov 1st!! 👏

Comment

Z Mode and MY Mode confuse me, not sure why they are there, Well, I do want to have exhaust open all the time but Touring around town, sport on highway. Guess I'll have my sales guy set with me during PDI

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X