Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

My C8 is Attracting unwanted negative attention

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post
    He may have just been trying to get you to rear end him for insurance , regardless of what you were driving.
    Yep, that's the likely answer. Because of your car (which he probably thought was a Ferrari or Lamboghini) he figured you were rich and he could get a lot of money out of you.

Or else he was just an a-hole exhibiting road rage for who knows what reason.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
      Amen hogwld (love it)

This brings up a question from the C8 ignorant but soon to be owner (me). Can the C8's PDR camera be run (recording) all the time your driving or just while racing? The simcard could be VERY cheap insurance in court, God forbid
      It can be used as a dashcam, recording whenever the car is on.
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

hogyld Did you program our PDR to record each time the car is started? I have mine on auto record for this very reason. You never know when you're going to need evidence. If he did get you to rear end him, the PDR footage would show how he caused the accident and hopefully get you out of the rear ending situation.

Comment

Yes sir! Saved it to a thumb drive. Just in case I’m asked to see it by LE.

07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

Originally posted by hogyld View Post
            Yes sir! Saved it to a thumb drive. Just in case I’m asked to see it by LE.
            Perfect. I would even think of sending law enforcement the video, and make a written report. This may come in handy for them later.

This is why I bought a flash card before even taking delivery of my C8. You never know when you might need the dashcam footage.

I had a similar situation in my Z28 Camaro years ago. A sedan full of people slammed on the brakes on the freeway for no reason and came to a complete stop. I don't tailgate, so had plenty of time to stop. Then I see all the heads turnaround. They wanted to see why I didn't hit them. I knew right away it was a insurance scam.

Comment

It sounds like an attempt at insurance fraud.

https://www.driverside.com/auto-libr...ance_scams-971
              Scam: The driver in front of you tries to bait you into a rear-end collision, either by stopping much shorter than expected or braking hard at the last instant. Generally, the blame for a rear-end collision is assigned to the car in back, so this can be an easy open-and-shut case for the scammer when your insurance company gets involved.
              You did well by staying alert and stopping quickly enough to avoid a collision. The scammers target drivers of expensive cars because they are likely to have top tier insurance coverage. Given the nature of the scam they’re likely to be armed and ready for conflict so it’s best to get their plate, record dash cam video, and let the cops do their job.

Thankfully you and your C8 stayed safe and unharmed.

Comment

This is why I always have my PDR recording, and why I installed dash cams on my and my wife's DD. To many idiots out there. Nothing this bad has happened to me. I've got a couple of mustangs or Chargers next to me at a light, then when it turns green, they take off like a bat outa hell. I never entertain the idea. Also had tricked out honda pulling front of me, then getting 2 lanes over, then slowed down behind me, then back 2 lanes, then sped past me, etc.. He did like 3 "laps" around my car. I know he was just admiring my car because his jaw was open the entire time and his phone out (taking pictures or video I presume), but made me nervous. I got off at the next exit, waited 2 minutes, then got back on.
                Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
                Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
                AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

Something very similar happened to me in my 1999 Chevy Silverado .......

Comment

There are so many crazy people on the road that sometimes I just don't want to drive this car any more, I don't need the stress. After thirty years of driving corvettes, I am thinking of selling it and just driving my beater every day. No one cares if you drive a beater.

Comment

The fact that these people, if they are attempting an insurance scam, would chose a C8 and a Z28 to attempt it. Stopping power is vastly different between the two. Cracks me up. Glad you were alright. I experienced the receiving end of road rage this summer. Never a fun situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugolino View Post
                        There are so many crazy people on the road that sometimes I just don't want to drive this car any more, I don't need the stress. After thirty years of driving corvettes, I am thinking of selling it and just driving my beater every day. No one cares if you drive a beater.
                        I am feeling the same way, driving is no longer a pleasure. Too many careless idiots out there and I am not willing to deal with the situation. In addition, the roads are a disaster, pot holes wherever you drive.

Comment

I sure do not feel that way. I still have a crush on driving just like I did that first drive minutes after I got my driver’s license and drove myself where I wanted (to pick up my girlfriend and to go for a drive). This year will be another +10,000 mile road trip one for my wife and me. Now about 315,000 miles of our road trip vacation drives alone, over 2,000,000 miles of driving in my life.

Of course I live in the gorgeous Pacific Northwest with mega, mega thousands of scenic roads, with one very-low-traffic, 28 mile curvy, country, Corvette road literally starting one block sway from our house.

Already planning the 2024 Northwest Corvette Caravan, leaving Suburban Chevrolet in Sandy, OR on August 22, 2024 starting out with 75 other Corvettes; we will have 200 Corvettes in our group before day 1 is over, and as part of it, our driving the Beartooth Scenic Highway (considered by Charles Kuralt the best scenic road in our country), on our 2,500+ mile, seven day adventure to the National Corvette Museum. We have had people ship their Corvettes from Australia to join us as the start of our trip. How about if you please do the same? Consider yourself invited!!!
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I've also observed a lot of odd behavior on other drivers' parts. It seems like any given vehicle, regardless of performance capabilities (Camrys, trucks, you name it), is just as likely as not to speed up and try to keep me from passing in regular traffic (not going particularly fast either, just a bit faster than him..). Recently I was out for a drive on a nice twisty road out in the country, was going about 5 over the speed limit, guy came up on me in an SUV and was definitely getting ready to tailgate...OK, fine, road's empty, so sped up 10 mph...so did he...sped up even more...same, even around the corners he was hell-bent on keeping up which was funny to watch. Didn't have any convenient exit roads and wasn't too keen on pulling over not knowing how many were on board, so...(stomp)....buh-bye! Was soon a dot in my rearview.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              I sure do not feel that way. I still have a crush on driving just like I did that first drive minutes after I got my driver’s license and drove myself where I wanted (to pick up my girlfriend and to go for a drive). This year will be another +10,000 mile road trip one for my wife and me. Now about 315,000 miles of our road trip vacation drives alone, over 2,000,000 miles of driving in my life.

Of course I live in the gorgeous Pacific Northwest with mega, mega thousands of scenic roads, with one very-low-traffic, 28 mile curvy, country, Corvette road literally starting one block sway from our house.

Already planning the 2024 Northwest Corvette Caravan, leaving Suburban Chevrolet in Sandy, OR on August 22, 2024 starting out with 75 other Corvettes; we will have 200 Corvettes in our group before day 1 is over, and as part of it, our driving the Beartooth Scenic Highway (considered by Charles Kuralt the best scenic road in our country), on our 2,500+ mile, seven day adventure to the National Corvette Museum. We have had people ship their Corvettes from Australia to join us as the start of our trip. How about if you please do the same? Consider yourself invited!!!
                              Agree with your positive post. With all this talk about more guns being an answer (not), and other social commentary...it may be time to close this thread. What do you think?
                              '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                              '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                              '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                              '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                              '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                              '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

Agree with your positive post. With all this talk about more guns being an answer (not), and other social commentary...it may be time to close this thread. What do you think?
                                Yea let's just don't talk about it ... that's the trick
                                1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
                                2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
                                GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X