Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

Maximum Height of HTC Cover When Open???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Height of HTC Cover When Open???

Does anyone know the exact height (to the nearest inch) of the convertible cover when it is fully open? I am worried that my garage door is not high enough to open the HTC when parked in the garage and I don't want to do a "test run" to find out.
    Mustang GT (new, 1st year models): 1987, 2006, 2015
    Other notable: 1972 Charger (1st car), 1995 Trans Am
    2006 C6 (used) convertible, 2LT, 6spd, black / tan
    2021 C8 (new) convertible, 2LT, red mist / black & tan
    Deposit 17Jul20, 3000 ~20May21, 3300 ~24Aug21, 3400 ~31Aug21, 3800 ~7Sep21, 5000 22Sep21, 6000 24Sep21

I would like to know this too, but not for the door, for my 4 post lift. The C2 will be on top. I'm guessing that I will have to back the C8 out before operating the top. Sure hope I never push the top down button on the fob by mistake!

Comment

Never given it much thought, but I would hope it's no higher than the Garage Door Opening.

Now I'm curious
      1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
      2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
      GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

On CF - Search for Need Height of HTC hatch when open

Just under 7.5 feet

Comment

I have a 7 Foot Garage Door with the inside Tracks at 7' 3"

I wouldn't try driving in with the Top part way open

Comment

Thanks very much!!! I probably have a 7' garage door also. This is ok because it is fun to open / close the top when stopped at a red light!
            Mustang GT (new, 1st year models): 1987, 2006, 2015
            Other notable: 1972 Charger (1st car), 1995 Trans Am
            2006 C6 (used) convertible, 2LT, 6spd, black / tan
            2021 C8 (new) convertible, 2LT, red mist / black & tan
            Deposit 17Jul20, 3000 ~20May21, 3300 ~24Aug21, 3400 ~31Aug21, 3800 ~7Sep21, 5000 22Sep21, 6000 24Sep21

Comment

Originally posted by StangToVette View Post
              Thanks very much!!! I probably have a 7' garage door also. This is ok because it is fun to open / close the top when stopped at a red light!
              And even when slowing for or pulling away from the light, as long as you're under 30 mph!
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Plentyfast thank you for this info.😊 A few months ago I asked this question, because I was worried hitting the inside garage door opener fixture/light, which hangs down from the Chain mechanism. Never got a satisfactory answer and decided to never open or close the C8 HTC inside my garage ( which was possible with our C7 GS). Your post confirms my suspicions that the HTC is higher when opened to the max than our C7 ragtop was. Checking oil etc. and opening/closing the top is done outside the garage. This info is very valuable to us condo garage owners, which are smaller in size than the home garages.
                Heidi
                Save the Wave👋
                2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 FE2 Q8T J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU AH2)

Comment

Here’s a little known unofficial fact that GM was smart enough to realize that let’s say you were driving at 30 MPH into a 10 MPH headwind. Would it be safe to open your top or close it at the point? The answer is “yes,” that GM has build in to the stated 30 MPH limit (a headwind amount) some margin for headwind. They are not going to share it but if someone sees their odometer speed is 30 and wrongly assumes no head wind when there actually were a “moderate breeze” coming your way (sailor’s term) which maxes out at 18 MPH, you would still will be fine. But do not push more after that. Does that mean that if there is no breeze you could safely raise or lower your top at 48 miles per hour, that is a question I will never answer….
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Was the concern regarding the height of the HTC opening while sitting in the garage? I wouldn’t think you would be opening or closing the top while moving / driving through the garage door opening? My opening is 7 feet 11 inches and I have a clearance of 8 feet, 8 inches to the bottom of the garage door opener housing. I too have a 4 post lift being installed next week and my calculations definitely won’t allow me to open the top if there is a car above it. I do have 11 foot ceilings by design.
                    “News of my death in a 2024 Z06 has been greatly exaggerated”

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      Does that mean that if there is no breeze you could safely raise or lower your top at 48 miles per hour, that is a question I will never answer….
                      I haven't tried it; I've just assumed it was locked out from starting if the car is over 30 MPH.

2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
                        I haven't tried it; I've just assumed it was locked out from starting if the car is over 30 MPH.
                        Correct, it will not let you raise lower it above 30, but that doesn't prevent you from opening it at 25mph, leaving it open (back hatch fully or partially up), and then speeding up... If you speed up past 30 mid raise/lower it will stop the motion, and you will be notified on your dash. Based on an earlier post from another member, when the car detects that the roof or hatch is not "secure" you cannot drive over 58 I think.. I have to go find that post. (he had a faulty sensor)

EDIT: It took some digging but I found it. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ited-to-58-mph
                        Last edited by BuyPeaksSellDips; 10-13-2021, 09:53 PM.
                        Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
                        Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
                        AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

Waiting to get the car outside to operate the top doesn't seem to be much of a concession to me. Of course, you don't want to do it accidentally.

Comment

Does the computer limit the speed to 30 once the top is being raised or lowered?
                            Save the wave.

Comment

Mine clears no prob when operating top in garage. You can stop the rear deck opening by letting off the switch. I checked that first time car was in garage.
                              Last edited by MidLife; 10-17-2021, 03:42 PM.
                              2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural Napa 2 tone seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic, lowered w/Paragon collars and riding on BC Forged wheels 😎
                              Delivered 1/26/21 VIN 00921

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X