Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

grill inserts'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grill inserts'

Love the concept and I don't think they hamper daily driving or even some spirited driving. I mean , you ever see a REAL race car after a race??? even Bonomi wont get that stuff off the car.

Question: I'm old, got one new knee, going for a second in January (1 month without driving my baby). I don't have the equipment, tools or physically able to install myself, not patient enough either.

Where have some of you who use them, where did you have them installed.

NOTE: IF you did it yourself, congrats to you but I just want to hear from members who had theirs installed by a third party.
    Thanks.

Got Paragon Performance Front and Side Grills ...

Gonna put then on myself over the Winter Storage to keep myself busy.
    1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
    2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
    GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

Don't know if this helps but the ones sold by forum vendor "C8 Vette parts on line" install from the outside without any disassembly. I think now he has even included a cut out for the front trunk release under the headlight. If you have a young friend or relative nearby, I would think this version of grill gaurds could be installed easily and fairly quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
        Don't know if this helps but the ones sold by forum vendor "C8 Vette parts on line" install from the outside without any disassembly. I think now he has even included a cut out for the front trunk release under the headlight. If you have a young friend or relative nearby, I would think this version of grill gaurds could be installed easily and fairly quick.
        Dang I was just looking at these and was about to watch the installation video THANKS Jetdriver !! Their are pricy. Guess its time to start prioritizing my aftermarket add-on's.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post

Dang I was just looking at these and was about to watch the installation video THANKS Jetdriver !! Their are pricy. Guess its time to start prioritizing my aftermarket add-on's.
          Yeah they are expensive. You might contact them and see if they offer a discount to MECF members.

Comment

I just installed the grill inserts last weekend (inside and out) and it was a slow process, but not hard. I learned a lot on one side (one hour to install) and had the other side done in 10 minutes. I also installed a new front splitter, so it was easy to do it at the same time. The one piece splitter was more difficult to install given trying to ensure 21 holes line up almost perfectly. All is good. Wish you the best.

Comment

I got Paragon grill guards, the bolt on ones, and had them done during PDI at the NCM. I'm certain your dealer can do this before delivery. NCM was a VERY reasonable charge, about half what I expected, and I had them for the drive home.
              2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

Do you already have your C8? If not, ask your dealer if they'll do it during PDI.

Another option is the C8VetteParts ones, which install in front of the existing grills, making them much easier to install.
                Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Love the concept and I don't think they hamper daily driving or even some spirited driving. I mean , you ever see a REAL race car after a race??? even Bonomi wont get that stuff off the car.

Question: I'm old, got one new knee, going for a second in January (1 month without driving my baby). I don't have the equipment, tools or physically able to install myself, not patient enough either.

NOTE: IF you did it yourself, congrats to you but I just want to hear from members who had theirs installed by a third party.
                  Thanks.
                  I installed mine myself, however I have heard of several people who had their dealer install them with great success (Paragon Performance, CustomCarGrills and C8Vette parts online). The advantage is you can buy whichever ones you want and then have them installed. This should leave you multiple options and price points. As I have said on multiple threads I do not think you can go wrong with any of the options (at least the ones that are made of the same/similar material as the C8 mesh material already on the car.

There are multiple threads on the topic of grill guards so choose the ones that best meet your budget and have them installed by a dealer or a reputable car shop. I don't know where you live but you can always ask members for recommendations for good shops in your area.
                  My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars: 2020 ELB 3LT Z51 (by far my favorite car that I have owned) 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2020 BMW X6 (fun SUV).

Comment

Custom Car Grills on both of mine, installed by myself so there were no visible zip ties. If I did it again, I would do them or go with the Paragon screens if I was feeling froggy. The C8VettePartsOnline screens are too overpriced for me, plus I don't like that they go on the outer portion of the grills instead of the inner. They have the easiest installation I would say if that is a swaying vote (not that the others are hard).

Comment

Many of our customers have had a local tint shop or their Chevy dealer to install them. Since mine are simple to install the average charge is usually $50.00 - $65.00 to install them.

NCM will install my parts on any C8 delivery.

Also understand what you’re buying. My product is the only one on the market that is made of laser cut stainless steel & NOT aluminum. Stainless will last the life of your car. It’s also made in USA & not China.

Thank you,
                      Rich
                      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

I bought these off of eBay. I think they were $57. I will install them over the weekend. Will require removing the lower splash guard (a few 7 mm bolts and some T-15 screws need to be removed. Then you can work the mesh up through the created opening. These are painted aluminum and the left side has the cut out for the frunk button. I’m guessing it’ll take 30 mins.
                        Note: the car pictured is not mine. Picture came with the install instructions.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	36C0328B-40D1-491F-8FCA-61159BCE026A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	258.3 KB ID:	319531

Comment

Thanks.
                          Well, if I knew you were pretty close, I would come over and put them on for you.
                          2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue, Sky Cool Gray, 2LT, Z51, GT2 Seats, FE4 mag ride, nose lift, performance exhaust, carbon flash wheels. Loving it!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X