Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

Wet rug smell issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet rug smell issue.

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody else ran into the same issue. After my 2021 HTC C8 is parked for awhile, such as overnight in the garage or outside of the office parking lot for a day, I get a very strong cabin odor, when AC starts to blow air. I would describe it as a wet rug smell or stale water. It goes away after a few minutes of driving, but it is very strong in the beginning. I know there was a tech bulletin for disconnected hose, but I checked that. It is bone dry and no smell in the carpet.
    What could this be? AC drain issue? How do I check. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Sorry about that ugly smell! Sometimes in every brand’s of air conditioning a bacteria or virus will get into its ducting. I would head over to your dealership having called and talked to them in advance and your not using any A/C nor fans on the way there. OR, you can buy a product at any auto parts store and put it into a temporary vent space opening you create somewhere to inject it into your system. As you car is new, I would personally head to the dealer — again after calling and discussing it before you set out.

Best of luck and please report back later. Thanks.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thank you, John! I was hoping to avoid the trip to the dealership, but you are right. I have about 4500 mi on the car, so I will prob deal with it until I am due for an oil change. I will report back. Thanks again

Comment

One solution in preventing AC smell:
        When using air conditioning you build up condensation in the system. When that condensation sits it forms bacteria. I have found that if I shut off the AC, and run the fan only, about 5 miles or10 min before my destination it will evaporate the moisture in the system, preventing the unwanted smell.

As John mentioned there are kits or a dealer service available. Years back I saw a You Tube video where Lysol was sprayed into the exterior air vents. I tried it on my truck and it worked well.
        Last edited by Buddy; 10-13-2021, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy View Post
          One solution in preventing AC smell:
          When using air conditioning you build up condensation in the system. When that condensation sits it forms bacteria. I have found that if I shut off the AC, and run the fan only, about 5 miles or10 min before my destination it will evaporate the moisture in the system, preventing the unwanted smell.
          My challenge with this would be that I am in S. Florida and running for 10 min with just a fan would most likely kill me LOL Thx

Comment

I don’t have my C8 yet (hoping any day now), but we’ve noticed this phenomenon with both my wife’s an my daily drivers... both fairly new cars... ‘18 & ‘21. I’m in AZ, so not thinking it’s much to do with ambient humidity level. Might be something caused by new a/c designs due to new refrigerant formulations.
            On order... 2022 2LT Coupe Rapid Blue, Natural interior, FE2, Q8T, 3A9, TVS, E60, NPP, VQK....
            1/28/21 - Deposit and Status 1100 (Original order as ‘21) : 7/2/21 - Status 1100 (Reordered as ‘22) : 9/7/21 - Status 2000 : 9/8/21 - Status 3000 : 9/14/21 - Status 3100 : 9/16/21 - Status 3300 (TPW 10/4/21) : 9/24/21 - Status 3400 : 10/5/21 - Status 3800 : 10/6/21 - Status 4000 : 10/13/21 - Status 4200

Comment

Did you check for wet carpet in the passenger side footwell, in the middle where the tunnel would be on a front engine car? That’s where the AC condensate line has been known to leak.

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post
                Did you check for wet carpet in the passenger side footwell, in the middle where the tunnel would be on a front engine car? That’s where the AC condensate line has been known to leak.
                Yes, I am aware of the technical bulletin on hose not connected. It is dry and does not smell. Tried to turn on recirculation driving from work today and no smell at all. It is definitely coming from AC. Will have the dealer check . Thanks

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X