Bold Z06 Marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bold Z06 Marketing

I was on the www.chevrolet.com/z06 site, and they are making the following statements.

"First, we made the mid-engine Corvette a reality. On 10.26.21, we’re giving the world its first full look at the ultimate performance machine – the All-New 2023 Corvette Z06. "

"The track will never look the same.
    Driving from one world famous track to another in a supercar ready to take on anything, anywhere around the world, you’re not just sightseeing – you’re the sight to see."

"The streets will never sound the same.
    The All-New 2023 Corvette Z06 is a supercar unlike anything you’ve ever seen, or heard."

We all know marketing departments hype up their products, but these are some pretty bold claims, especially the track related ones. After what Chevy delivered for the C8 Stingray reveal, something tells me we are all going to be in for a surprise on October 26. Feel free to guess what that might be below.

I don’t want to make my expectations high but but as you said these statements are bold. I think they are going to advertise the new Z06 as a mid engine supercar that can be used in daily driving with high track capability on affordable price. Huge win if they nail it..
    Last edited by Iker; 10-13-2021, 02:04 AM.

Comment

In communicating with a very top member of the Corvette team last week, he suggested strongly that there will be some surprises. What might they be, for sure he did not even hint — and I do not have a guess. I just stand by to be delighted in 13 days and 4 hours (PST).
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Iker View Post
        I don’t want to make my expectations high but but as you said these statements are bold. I think they are going to advertise the new Z06 as a mid engine supercar that can be used in daily driving with high track capability on affordable price. Huge win if they nail it..
        a mid engine supercar that can be used in daily driving with high track capability on affordable price

That describes the C8 Z51 Stingray as well...

Comment

I can't wait to view the unveiling. The C8 is already a terrific car. I have no intention of ordering a Z06, but the details on this version are going to be fabulous, as well as the price.

Comment

I've got a feeling we're going to be blown away. Nothing about this car has been modest or understated.

Why would they start now with the most anticipated performance version of any Corvette ever?

Sure, the ZR1 or Zora or whatever is a higher performance variant but I'd make the argument the Z06 is more widely known and in certain there will be a lot more Z06s in the wild than any other higher performance variant.
            2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

I don't see them as Bold Statements at all. The Base Model Stingray is holding it's own extremely well and people are tripping over themselves to try to acquire them.

The ZO6 however with a Naturally Aspirated Flat Plane Crank Engine - Which will flow through the gears quicker with that incredible sound will easily put it among the ranks of a lot of Supercars.

Also most like myself wish to have the Last Naturally Aspirated Engine Produced for the Corvette.
              Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

I was thinking the same thing just this morning. The whole “putting the world on notice” is pretty bold unless we are missing something. How do you put cars like the SF90’s, 765LT, AMG GTR, GT2RS and the likes on notice? If it’s the price point, we already know the Vette’s punch way above their weight

Comment

I think: (!!!)
                  Weight: a little below the Stingray
                  HP: 615 - 630
                  Track time (not Nurburgring): 6-8 seconds a lap faster than C7 Z06/Z07 on a track like VIR Grand Course.

PS. Before any C7 Z06 owners cry foul, I am basing this on a simple metric that may or may not prove correct:
                  Car and Driver Lightning Lap: C7 GS Z07 2:47.1 verses C7 Z06/Z07 2:44.6
                  The GS is giving up 190HP but only 2.5 seconds slower
                  Last edited by jimmyb; 10-13-2021, 05:35 PM.

Comment

With the massive wheels, tires and brakes, and the likely heavier DOHC engine, I'd be surprised if the Z06 is lighter than the Stingray. But I've been surprised before.

I'm not sure the C7 comparison (GS vs. Z06) is apt. The front engine C7 Z06 has trouble getting it's power to the ground without wheel spin. That will be much less a problem for the C8 with 60% or more of the weight on the rear wheels.
                    Last edited by meyerweb; 10-13-2021, 07:56 PM.
                    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

It will be very interesting to see how the Z06’s weight works out. If as some have suggested, the Bedford 6 massive plates, the DCT case, the DCT cradle, the engine cradle and perhaps even the block is some sort of aluminum-magnesium casting who knows how the weight will end up.

And factoring in that GM’s supper-lightweighting program which went into effect too late for the C8 but which resulted in an average weight loss for the current generation of GM pickups and SUV’s of over 350 pounds, again we are in the dark for another 13 days.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

IF the weight came in at a hypothetical 3300-3400lbs, nobody would care if its N/A or TT.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X