Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

ME Photos from Colorado - Almost got a pic with the door open!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ME Photos from Colorado - Almost got a pic with the door open!

Excerpt and photos from CorvetteBlogger:

Several more sightings of the Mid-Engine Corvettes in Colorado confirms that an engineering team was camping out behind a Holiday Inn in the Frisco/Breckenridge area. We say camping as the only thing missing from this view of the team’s tent and heavy car covers is a campfire.

Security is on guard 24/7 when the cars are parked in the lot and the yellow tape is a clear indication of the line that shall not be crossed!

Last week, two different CorvetteBlogger readers sent up their photos of the C8 Mid Engine Corvettes testing in Colorado. This first batch comes from Florida’s Village Vettes Corvette Club:

Last week a member of our club, the Village Vettes Corvette Club of The Villages, FL was traveling thru the mountains of Colorado, Frisco to be exact, and stumbled across the Corvette Mid-engine testing team. She said they were making runs up and back to Keystone, Vail, Aspen.

Click image for larger versionName:	072818_1.jpgViews:	1Size:	110.6 KBID:	3190

Click image for larger versionName:	072818_2.jpgViews:	1Size:	115.7 KBID:	3191

Click image for larger versionName:	072818_3.jpgViews:	1Size:	168.8 KBID:	3192

Click image for larger versionName:	072818_4.jpgViews:	1Size:	190.2 KBID:	3193

Click image for larger versionName:	072818_11.jpgViews:	1Size:	163.0 KBID:	3194

Click image for larger versionName:	072818_5.jpgViews:	1Size:	183.7 KBID:	3195 ​​​​​​​

Click image for larger versionName:	072818_6.jpgViews:	1Size:	174.4 KBID:	3196 ​​​​​​​
    Last edited by CorvetteBlogger; 07-30-2018, 12:23 PM.
    Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Thanks Keith. Great new pictures. As you noted, if only the door had been wider open...
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

this could be the actual door/side sculpt profile...

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
        And that would agree with your rendering, no?
        2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
        Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
        2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
        Spectra Grey Tridents.
        Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

I wish to brag about a comment that Bikerjulio shared. He sure has hit upon something about the depth of the padding around the rear of the car.

Originally posted by Bikerjulio
          Looks like a bunch of extra padding in the center section at the back. The licence plate hole not cut big enough. Shows about 2- 21/2" padding.
          Here is a repeat of an above picture (again thank you CorvetteBlogger), that I blew up to help all see his comment better.

To me, this could indicate that when the car is revealed, it could have a shorter rear than some renderings are currently showing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FE909B15-64FF-44DC-AAB6-C9CE7DB42974.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	541.0 KB ID:	3223
          Last edited by John; 07-30-2018, 03:52 PM.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

And that would agree with your rendering, no?
            fairly close...

Comment

Way earlier picture and the one from Colorado last week as to the door’s exterior scoop shape.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2F744A75-86B9-45E7-A169-86904EAD1CAF.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	3230Click image for larger version

Name:	903426C4-905C-45A0-A20E-FCAB2360D2F2.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	3231

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
                I was looking at the same thing, and although this picture doesn't tell us that much I definitely notice some possible body panels in the highlighted area below. Could just be more camouflage but it would make sense if that was where the touch-sensitive door handle was underneath the fold for the side intake. I'm also curious what material it is that the area that you highlighted is constructed of, as it doesn't particularly look like aluminum or any metal, perhaps the doors are made from carbon fiber? Looking at pictures of the 720S with it's doors up the inside of the door looks like it could be similar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	52
Size:	969.9 KB
ID:	3233

Comment

Great Pix! Thank you. Keep snappin...

Comment

In the 3rd picture from the top, the car on the left under the tan cover. Does that seem to look like a Roadster? The roofline looks very shallow to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Fink View Post
                      In the 3rd picture from the top, the car on the left under the tan cover. Does that seem to look like a Roadster? The roofline looks very shallow to me.
                      The roofline of the convertible is the same as the coupe. Possibly that's a convertible and if we could have a better close-up of the buttress area we could tell. There have been a great many convertible test car sightings so they are not unusual.
                      2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                      Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                      2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                      Spectra Grey Tridents.
                      Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

I don't know boys, I'm thinking the camo is hiding a freaking ton more than any rendering can account for. Look at the slightly cracked open door. Clearly the outside of that door is far closer to the body than the padding/styrofoam they've added. That padding carries the whole length of the body back. It's still wide in the back but nowhere near what we've assumed to this point. That line below the door sill now looks like it's added padding and not an actual form of the car.

Comment

It seems to me that the user experience of driving with those covers on would be awful. The covers look very sturdy and well secured, but don't they play havoc with aerodynamics plus just being downright noisy?
                          Vin # 2539
                          Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

I am hoping you're correct! I'd love to see a smooth and sleek body without edgy creases that mark the Cadillac.

Comment

itomn, it will certainly be a sleek body but I believe they will continue to have edge creases which increase structural strength within the surface. A smooth surface is typically not as strong as a ribbed surface.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X