Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

Winter Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Storage

I will be storing my C8 coupe for the winter soon and I'm a little worried about the process. I live in Northern Wisconsin. My concern is mice chewing on various electrical parts/wiring. So my question is does anyone have any thoughts on the risks involved in storing for the Winter. FYI, I saw a Youtube where someone stored a Porsche and got his wiring harness damaged to the tune of $8,000. I am considering getting one of those enclosures that you set up in your garage that is completely sealed and ventilated. I've stored my '64 for years with few problems but the C8 is a whole different car with a lot of complexity.
    Thanks is advance for any advise.
    1964 C2 Coupe numbers match, 2021 C8 Coupe Z51 LT3 Elkhart Lake Blue Edge Red Calipers-Engine Cover

Place a couple of rat traps loaded with a peanut under the car. Listen for a sharp snap. Throw out dead vermin. Peanut is usually reusable.

Comment

I will be using Iron Gate Motor Condos Naperville IL

I didn't buy a Condo, but their Sister Co. 5 o'clock Tower Storage is what I use that I can rent in 6 months chunks.

I usually store from November to April.

Take a look at the Video - https://www.facebook.com/5OCLOCKTOWE...83977201/?t=98
      Last edited by Plentyfast; 10-11-2021, 02:13 PM.
      1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
      2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
      GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

This topic of winter storage and "pest control" has been discussed before on the Forum. Some people will stuff their exhaust pipes with steel wool or scented drier sheets and place scented drier sheets on the floor/ground below the car and/or in the engine compartment, to ward off mice. Moth b-a-l-l-s (hope this passes censorship) work the same but most dislike their smell that can possibly linger on the car. Baited mousetraps as suggested by GTS Bruce are a good idea to know if you even have mice in your garage. Still others have mentioned getting a "garage cat" to do nightly patrols. Buying a total vehicle enclosure sounds like expensive overkill IMO but it's your dough and determined by your comfort level so as always, your choice.

Or if you're uber-rich like Plentyfast (LOL 😉 ) buy or rent a "car condo" to store all your toys. I've seen them in my City and they can be quite extravagant, with washrooms, bars, fridges, multi-levels, separate office space, televisions, workbench areas and anything else someone would want for his (her?) "man-cave". I suppose even "car condo's" can attract mice, depending upon their set-up...but I'm POSITIVE it would only be the "upper-class mice". 😀

Comment

Here I need to store in the summer much of the time between August and November because of hurricane season. I am in the low country and lost one Corvette to flood in 2004. A good friend stores it at his house miles inland. He is a good guy-most on the forum know him. charlie aka cutnout

Comment

I have a friend who had a 2015 rav 4 worth about 14k, she parked outside and got mice and the car was totaled due to rodent damage….

I have a garage but still kind of lose sleep wondering about mice…
            for this car, i bought a car bubble. It arrived this week, i cant show a photo yet as its not set up… but it is supposed to be rodent resistant..

Click image for larger version

Name:	6BE45709-6BC9-4A14-9022-CF3DF40B9D04.jpeg
Views:	194
Size:	794.7 KB
ID:	318901

Comment

Originally posted by Northwoods View Post
              I will be storing my C8 coupe for the winter soon and I'm a little worried about the process. I live in Northern Wisconsin. My concern is mice chewing on various electrical parts/wiring. So my question is does anyone have any thoughts on the risks involved in storing for the Winter. FYI, I saw a Youtube where someone stored a Porsche and got his wiring harness damaged to the tune of $8,000. I am considering getting one of those enclosures that you set up in your garage that is completely sealed and ventilated. I've stored my '64 for years with few problems but the C8 is a whole different car with a lot of complexity.
              I too live in Wi. Last Winter when I stored my C8. I obviously covered it , had the battery tender on it , had 1/4 Tank of gas in it ( Per Corvette Engineering) , I Put 3 dryer sheets in EACH side intake , Put 2 Dryer Sheets in EACH Exhaust tip , cover tips with Aluminum foil and put rubber bands around Each Exhaust tip to hold the aluminum foil on over the tips

Comment

Originally posted by Jxp1962 View Post
                I have a friend who had a 2015 rav 4 worth about 14k, she parked outside and got mice and the car was totaled due to rodent damage….

I have a garage but still kind of lose sleep wondering about mice…
                for this car, i bought a car bubble. It arrived this week, i cant show a photo yet as its not set up… but it is supposed to be rodent resistant..

Name:	6BE45709-6BC9-4A14-9022-CF3DF40B9D04.jpeg
Views:	194
Size:	794.7 KB
ID:	318901

could you Tell me the manufacturer and size of the. bubble you purchased ?

Comment

I've got mice in my extra garage, and four cars are in there at any given time. This garage also gets used for Winter storage from November to April. I've been using various forms of DCON for the last 20 years in that garage and I've never had rodent damage to any of the vehicles. I just ordered some more earlier today as I get things ready for Winter, and this stuff seems to have the best shelf life as well. In case you don't know, these poisons loose effectiveness over time, and become tasty mouse food eventually.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	318919
                  My C8:
                  '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
                  '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                  '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                  '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

The Ron Fellows school had a problem with mice chewing through the insulation on the wires leading to the magnetic shocks when they stored their cars during Covid. The now wrap those wires, and only those wires, in aluminum foil. You could also use aluminum tape. Doesn't appear the Nevada mice bothered anything else on the car.
                    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty2ss View Post

could you Tell me the manufacturer and size of the. bubble you purchased ?
                      18’ a 16’ would have fit but i opted for a few extra feet.

mods, am i allowed to put non advertiser sites here? If not please remove.. carcapsule.com

they have way more expensive models this is the base model 529 $

Comment

Thanks for. the info Jxp. 1962

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty2ss View Post
                          Thanks for. the info Jxp. 1962
                          i will let you know how it looks/works in a few weeks (sadly)

Comment

Originally posted by Jxp1962 View Post
                            i will let you know how it looks/works in a few weeks (sadly)
                            Just ordered mine,How long did it take to receive it? Ya I hear you on that it seems like I just picked it up that was May. 1 and now its almost time for storage.Thanks again for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Northwoods View Post
                              Your first problem is that your Z51 tires need to be stored in a heated environment, over 40F. Being in N Wis the cold will damage the tire compound. So mice might be the least of your problems.
                              Growing old is mandatory; growing Up is Optional

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X