Collapse

How to turn off the stereo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK...So the car finished updating, went to the screen, settings/sounds, 2 choices, including startup volume. Easy enough. Did not know that was there.
    Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by thezonster View Post
      I know that this is going to sound silly.
      How do I turn off the stereo so that is stays off?
      I think that every time that I get into the car, it starts blasting tunes off of the Iphone or the satellite radio.
      Ive been hitting the volume button, which I thought was also on/off, but then it comes back on next time.
      What am I missing?
      This might not be of much help but a couple days after I got my car a couple weeks ago, I started the car and sat in the driveway for 10-15 minutes going through all of the screens on the touch-screen. Settings were found in a couple of places. I think the settings for the infotainment were in a different place than settings for MyMode. Eventually, I found the setting for radio volume on start-up and set it to very low. Based on a couple other responses here, I think I'm going to try the long hold turn-off to see if the radio is in the off mode when I next start the car.
      Mustang GT (new, 1st year models): 1987, 2006, 2015
      Other notable: 1972 Charger (1st car), 1995 Trans Am
      2006 C6 (used) convertible, 2LT, 6spd, black / tan
      2021 C8 (new) convertible, 2LT, red mist / black & tan
      Deposit 17Jul20, 3000 ~20May21, 3300 ~24Aug21, 3400 ~31Aug21, 3800 ~7Sep21, 5000 22Sep21, 6000 24Sep21

Comment

Oops. I now see that you found it already.
        Mustang GT (new, 1st year models): 1987, 2006, 2015
        Other notable: 1972 Charger (1st car), 1995 Trans Am
        2006 C6 (used) convertible, 2LT, 6spd, black / tan
        2021 C8 (new) convertible, 2LT, red mist / black & tan
        Deposit 17Jul20, 3000 ~20May21, 3300 ~24Aug21, 3400 ~31Aug21, 3800 ~7Sep21, 5000 22Sep21, 6000 24Sep21

Comment

I am puzzled why the car has been set up this way.
          Why cant the volume be where I left it when last in the car, like a regular car?
          Why cant I easily just turn off the sound system off, without turning other stuff off.
          Screwy.

Comment

Originally posted by thezonster View Post
            I am puzzled why the car has been set up this way.
            Why cant the volume be where I left it when last in the car, like a regular car?
            Why cant I easily just turn off the sound system off, without turning other stuff off.
            Screwy.
            Indeed it is. Not sure if this is a GM decision or a Bose one that GM just didn't care about, but it's an absurd design choice.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

It's not just GM. My Jeep has no radio off position, so I developed the habit of turning the volume all the way down before exiting the car. The same goes for the C8. It has become an second-nature maneuver. I shall try the push and hold procedure and report back.
              C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X