Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

How to turn off the stereo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to turn off the stereo??

I know that this is going to sound silly.
    How do I turn off the stereo so that is stays off?
    I think that every time that I get into the car, it starts blasting tunes off of the Iphone or the satellite radio.
    Ive been hitting the volume button, which I thought was also on/off, but then it comes back on next time.
    What am I missing?

There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off just the music. If you push and hold the volume button it turns off.... everything (I think). Music, Nav, settings, the entire infotainment system. Hitting the volume button (not holding it in) is just mute, not off.

There is a place in the settings menu where you can set the start-up volume, though. Set it low, and it will keep the music from blasting you on start-up. You can probably set it to zero if you want no music on start-up.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Not sure this is right but try holding the button in for a few seconds. Just hitting it I believe only mutes it.

Comment

If you simply press the round black stereo "button" it'll mute but not shut off the stereo. You need to press and hold it, to shut it off. I had the same problem: I'd press it and think it was off then get music playing upon start-up...until I figured out to press and hold the button.

Then to turn it on, pressing it again or simply turning it, works for me.

Comment

The car has never had an update as far as I know, and was built early November 2020. I am not aware of a need for any updates. The car also has not notified me of any updates.

Comment

Will try press and hold.
            Thanks

Comment

My startup volume is set very low. Audio comes on when I start the car but is initially drown out by the exhaust "bark". Its convenient to control the audio from there rather that have a total "off" since I want to use it. Just adjust the volume and pick the audio source. One less step to take when getting going.
              Last edited by Boomer; 10-10-2021, 06:04 PM.

Comment

How do you set the start up volume?
                I went out to the car, powered it up, pressed and held the volume button, then it asked me to update. First time ever!

Comment

So I went back out to the car.
                  Powered it up again, and the stereo comes on, after I had pressed and held the button.
                  It also asked to update again, after I had said yes to the first request...
                  Screen goes dark, how do I know if it is updating?

Comment

Originally posted by thezonster View Post
                    How do you set the start up volume?
                    I don't know. Mine was set either at the factory or at my dealer during PDI. Its perfect on start-up. Its one of the options in settings.. Probably instructions in the manual.

Comment

Is start up volume where you left it last time I was in the car?

Comment

I dont think that the blasting stereo that I am getting, is where I left it last time I was in the car.
                        It is updating now for the first time.

Comment

From the 2022 owner's manual, page 153 in the settings - sounds.

Maximum Startup Volume: This feature adjusts the maximum volume of the infotainment system when you start your vehicle. To set the maximum startup volume, touch the controls on the infotainment display to increase or decrease.
                          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Infotainment section is all PDR data in the owner's manual.
                            There is no stereo or volume data listed at the index, that I can find.

Comment

Nothing like that on my page 153.
                              " touch the controls on the infotainment display" is pretty vague.
                              "Settings" is not listed in the Index on my OE.
                              Thanks for trying to help though.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X