6667 mile road trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6667 mile road trip

We took delivery of our C8 on 7-30-21 at Criswell.We celebrated our 50th anniversary seeing the USA in our Chevrolet and did 18 states in 18 days visiting friends and family along the way.The car is awesome in the Rockies,Yellowstone and the Black Hills.Needles Highway was fun.The car chews up long boring highways although I did get a ticket in Kansas.We averaged between 28 and 30 mpg.Road noise can be a problem on some pavements but on smooth roads it was fine.The only problem was an annoying 4AM text to say the tires were low.I serviced them when we left Maryland at 30 psi and got the text in Santa Fe,The TPM were saying 27 psi so I checked with a Gage and they were 28.No issues to report so it goes to Criswell Monday with 7650 miles for service.I did the oil change at 950 miles. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4835.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	317779

Took a similar trip, noticed kansas BY FAR had the most cops of any state. It was a (marked/unmarked) explorer/charger every 10mins. they must spend a ridiculous amount of $$ on law enforcement.

how much over were you going? i stuck to ~10+ just for the state of kansas

Comment

Sounds like fun!

Comment

Sound like a lot of Fun
        1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
        2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
        GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

It was 90 in a 75 but my record in clean he reduced it to 85.45 for the ticket and 105 court costs.The car will cruise at 100 all day long but I didn't stay there.

Comment

Always pays to be respectful and polite...

Comment

Vettelover, Can you give us your impression of the comfort of the ride over such a long haul? What seats? Magnetic selective ride control (did it make a noticeable difference if you do have it.) ? Your subjective feeling about overall comfort?
              Last edited by Glene; 10-08-2021, 12:18 AM.

Comment

We have a 3lt coupe with microfiber inserts.Mike Furman recommended them and I can see why.We have the perforated leather seats in our Silverado which are nice but the microfiber is softer on the butt.They don't get as hot as leather does.We haven't had winter yet but I think the same result.We have one of the 988 non Z51 cars with mag ride.We visited my cousin in Denver who has a non mag ride 21 we never swapped cars for comparison but I can truthfully say at 70-80+ mph the car stays glued to the road when you hit dips and rough spots.I watched vehicles in front hit dips and some had some wheel hop but not us.I am glad I have it.We did some 650 mile days and I drove all of it and being 72 with some back issues that says it all.My wife could have driven but she said I was having too much fun

Comment

Great writeup - thanks very much!

Comment

why are you taking it in for service? tire pressures will fluctuate with use and temperature, or am I missing something?

Comment

7500 mile oil and trans filter change which is free.Tire pressures do change not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Glene View Post
                        Vettelover, Can you give us your impression of the comfort of the ride over such a long haul? What seats? Magnetic selective ride control (did it make a noticeable difference if you do have it.) ? Your subjective feeling about overall comfort?
                        I did a 6,800 mile road trip this summer in my 2021 HTC. I have 3LT interior, mag ride and the Z51 package. I found the ride to be outstanding, and better than my 2019 Grand Sport. I did most highway miles in touring mode but also spent a lot of time in sport and a little in Z or track mode.Track would be too stiff for me on a long ride, but for fun mountain roads it too serves its purpose extremely well. IMO, the Stingray is an outstanding grand touring vehicle.
                        Rick, Charlotte, NC
                        My 1st: 2019 GS, Shadow Grey Metalic, Modified

Current: 2021 Arctic White HTC, Z51, two tone red 3LT, mag ride, front end lift, carbon flash roof and nacelles, 5VM splitter and side skirts painted carbon flash, Vossen HF-3 black wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by RLBZ06 View Post

I did a 6,800 mile road trip this summer in my 2021 HTC. I have 3LT interior, mag ride and the Z51 package. I found the ride to be outstanding, and better than my 2019 Grand Sport. I did most highway miles in touring mode but also spent a lot of time in sport and a little in Z or track mode.Track would be too stiff for me on a long ride, but for fun mountain roads it too serves its purpose extremely well. IMO, the Stingray is an outstanding grand touring vehicle.
                          Thanks to you and vettelover for your descriptions. Was a bit apprehensive about taking a long haul road trip. This will be my first vette. Got the call from my dealer today. He got allocations yesterday and having perked to number 1 on the list, my order is going in today. May have to drive it from NY to Ron Fellows now that I know I will not be crippled by the time I get there. LOL

Comment

Congratulations on the allocation! Things move fast now, though on many days it doesn’t feel that way.
                            Rick, Charlotte, NC
                            My 1st: 2019 GS, Shadow Grey Metalic, Modified

Current: 2021 Arctic White HTC, Z51, two tone red 3LT, mag ride, front end lift, carbon flash roof and nacelles, 5VM splitter and side skirts painted carbon flash, Vossen HF-3 black wheels.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X