Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

When Do You Think GM Will Confirm the C8 and Videos Will Begin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Do You Think GM Will Confirm the C8 and Videos Will Begin?

Here are some dates surrounding the C7's Inception and the C6's Production Retirement:

C7 Corvette Reveal Date Announced October 18, 2012
    C7 Cross Flags Revealed October 20, 2012
    C7 First Teaser Video October 22, 2012
    C7 Reveal January 13, 2013
    C6 Last Produced February 28th, 2013
    C7 Pace Car May 26, 2013
    C7 First Delivery September 18, 2013
    C7 Production Known Until July 31, 2019 (Per Rick *****)

If the C8 is to begin production in December of 2019 (as someone alluded to) what are everyone's thoughts here?

If we all just state freely what's thought about the subject, then. There is no telling when.

If everybody just stopped paying any attention, then the process would happen more quickly. GM should just skip any "Confirmation of the C8 and Videos" routine. Delete it! Also, Delete any manufacture's performance claims, descriptions and explanations. Ordinary people can not reproduce the claims. May be different this time?

Present the "thing" on a known road and track testing forum where Randy, Chris, nitpick-journalist and a few ordinary consumers are allowed to "abuse" it and tell us what'sUp. GM has waived the the right to have public attention paid to a confirmation of existence or video.

Time to put Up! PutUp! PutUp, GM! If we all just state freely . . .
    Last edited by SheepDog; 04-08-2019, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Thank you foreignbishop for the history re-counting. Always good to re-learn past C7 Corvette reveal dates as a precursors to what might be coming. However, just a note that the current C8 marketing, GM staff is different from the C7’s — so maybe they have a different playbook planned.

Maybe, just maybe, though IMO just about a one in three chance, we could get an announcement at the NCM Bash at the end of this month, something like:

The next generation Corvette will be revealed at “x” date, at “y” location.

Again my belief that the C8 reveal itself would be this summer.

Then following that announcement, be at the Bash or even later by about one to two months (which would not surprise me), the teaser videos would start.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The day after I decide to take delivery of a c7 z06...

Comment

If it indeed will be revealed in August and they follow the C7 reveal schedule, we should start seeing teasers next month... Maybe an announcement and a teaser at Indy with several more teasers through June and July and a reveal in August.

Comment

Benplace, I like your plan.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
              The day after I decide to take delivery of a c7 z06...
              I keep looking at alternatives myself with no Reinforced Announcement of the ME or something. Things like this may empty my pockets instead.

Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Tempting yet with the 12c you shoukd consider the 4 grand a year extended warranty...

everyone i know with a mclaren just tends to opt for the pre owned 570..

Comment

Tomorrow.......
                  Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Well I hope G. M. will reveal it in May and maybe I'll be able to order and have it in October with some good weather left in this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
                      Tomorrow.......
                      Just sarcasm or legitimately think tomorrow?

i find myself wondering through Preowned 991 turbos from time to time!!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X