Adnimation ATF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scissor Jack

Has any C8 owners use this product BendPak QuickJack BL-5000SLX Portable Lift — 110 Volt, 2 1/2-Ton Capacity, Model# BL-5000SLX 110V

Does it line up well with the C8 jacking points ?
    can you use this product to store your C8 off the ground for long periods of time?
    Thanks

You want to get their EXT model to properly and safely line up with the C8’s wider spaced jacking points. While I know businesses that use it all day long, day after day as they work on different vehicle, sorry I can not answer your question of long term storage. Hopefully another member can.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

You will want the EXT version to fit properly. Apparently Bend-Pak is about to release an updated version of -EXT. You may want to call them.

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

As stated above..... get the EXT version. Here's my C8 on it. This is now my FAVORITE tool in the garage. My C8 as well as my friend's C8's have all been up on this several times. It's so SIMPLE, yet safe to use.

To answer your question about long term storage....... YES, you can leave the car up on the lift for the long run. If you were to leave it up for any period of time, I would first of all, after raising it to the safety lock locations, then you press the down button to extract the hydraulic fluid and it's pressure from the hoses for about 5 to 10 seconds. The car will stay raised and sitting on the safety lock bars. If leaving it long term, you can then disconnect the hydraulic lines from the lifts to the power unit, and of course un plug the AC power. The car can sit raised up indefinitely if desired. Of course, that might not be good for the suspension components HANGING there with unsprung weight ...... but that's a different issue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Strake's C8 on QuickJack BL-5000EXT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,022.7 KB ID:	316019
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Strake; 09-30-2021, 04:46 PM.
          3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: mirrors and spoiler; Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

Comment

anyone know if the ext extension kit on standard will go under car? Have standard 5K already

Comment

I would reach out to Bendpak about long term storage. I have a vague recollection they do not recommend it for that.
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by bjniceguy View Post
                anyone know if the ext extension kit on standard will go under car? Have standard 5K already
                I have the 5000-SLX also which works just fine with my C7. I did a good bit of research on if it would work with the C8 with the EXT extension kit, and found a post somewhere from a guy that said it was tight but it would work if you used the low-profile aluminum "leave-in" jacking pucks and the quickjack pinchweld puck blocks.

The issue is that using the extensions you end up not having a lot of clearance between the lift and the car. I'll try to see if I can find that post.

Comment

I will try on my car in next couple days. Worked great on the C7

Comment

The C7 lifting points are much closer than those on a C7. Please for reasons above and your safety and your baby’s, do not use one that is not extended length however you get to that point with either an EXT or an extension kit made by BendPak.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

if looking for EXT kit, Home Depot is way cheaper than most. That is where I got my jack last year

Comment

Originally posted by DGinLZ View Post
                        You will want the EXT version to fit properly. Apparently Bend-Pak is about to release an updated version of -EXT. You may want to call them.
                        Yep provides an extra 3" lift

... and NO I would not use the lift for long term storage
                        Last edited by Plentyfast; 10-01-2021, 09:31 AM.
                        1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
                        2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
                        GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

If the suspension is hanging on fully extended shocks, then not a good idea for extended storage on the lift. Ruined some Konis doing that. 😥
                          Save the wave.

Comment

I am worried about it being tight with regular 5K unit and adding the Ext Unit getting under car. I think this gives me another reason to buy the Race Ramps Flat Spot units. It gives back 1.25" of clearance which should be plenty (think extender adds 1.5") I was going to just make some 2x12 with angle to drive up on, but think thsi better idea

Comment

So if you have it on the lift points, where do the jack stands go?
                              Save the wave.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X