Birdie Howling: Z06’s Exquisite Engine Exhaust Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdie Howling: Z06’s Exquisite Engine Exhaust Sound

The Z06’s exhaust has been rave reviewed. Many as saying it outdoes Ferrari’s exhaust — high praise as we know for that heretofore Ferrari’s engine exhaust sound has been the premier standard among mid engine exotic sports car exhausts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A63BDC6F-701B-4E2A-B30E-6854A573BDD7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	584.4 KB ID:	315807

Developing a new model in every industry is a competition between the engineers and unfortunately the bean counters. Every new model has a budget. However, once is a while someone way, way high up in an organization pushes the Corvette team to (paraphrasing here) “spend what you need to get it to be the absolute best. I know you can take its already great sound and make it even better. ”

Tadge and the team perfectly followed that explicit direction.

This video is a great encapsulation of what happened after that direction from someone in GM above the Corvette team who directed to make the exhaust perfect.

Thank you unnamed GM leader for your giving the Corvette team the freedom to develop its truly exquisite, spine-tingling exhaust sound!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

We know Mary Barra is busy on company leadership and know that Mark Reuss is a true performance addict and last month have joined the team in Nurburgring for Z06 testing. I am guessing it is Mark. I just listened to that video again for about the fifth time. Cranked it way way up for another delicious sound round.

Comment

I too have listened to this over and over and over. When I see the white sedan coming around, I know that the Z07 is going to very soon going to come into view and then pass the white car on the inside. LOVE this video!
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I can't wait to hear the performance numbers on this beast
        2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

This month is going to go by really slow.
          Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Ed Piatek fits the bill and Mark Reuss is sure a possibility. I have no idea but what counts is that the Z06 has support from above.

Comment

That sounds fantastic! My only complaint with the C8 has been the exhaust. Sounds like they have remedied that with the Z06. Looking forward to the reveal.

Comment

5.5 is 25% increase of 4.4

So. Mastery of dynamics of harmonics in the FPC V8. That's the "what-ever-it-takes". Money. Creativity. Research & Development.

458 was about 4.4 L
                Last edited by SheepDog; 09-30-2021, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Some 458 for comparison……..

https://youtu.be/ZlmUfxlJjXw
                  Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

The jury is out for me as I would need to hear it in person. Having attended various Ferrari Challenge races in the past the sound was unique. So I can't get a good read from the clips above. Time will tell I guess.

Comment

There is emotional resistance to the the "new song" that will become GM Certified in 4 weeks. It is like changing a National Anthem.

So. It needs to be a uniquely soulful song.

A song to expand and unite the Community.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X