Collapse

Official GM Z06 photo +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sure gives a different picture of what is/is not happening here. As CorvetteBlogger’s picture shows (thank you CB), it looks like there is an internal screening mesh that is inside part of the scoop. Are they wanting to create some specialized air laminar flow inside of the scoop for one of its many air intake functions, etc, for brake cooling, for motor air intake, and/or from air compartment cooling.

Click image for larger version  Name:	884AED9D-F8E3-455D-AE3D-7D930AD01F6F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	105.0 KB ID:	314773
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The photographer accidentially grabbed a reflection at the back end of the wishbone sharkstooth that presents itself as a body cutline ..its faint but it creates a busyness that is confusing. Its almost subliminal running towards the rear wheel wheel from the gas cap...it creates confusion that in other colors and or with a different angle wouldnt show up.

In my opinion the new sharks tooth will be stunning generating motion and speed. Its controversial yet I bet in the real world I wouldnt be surprised if its one of the finer styling attributes,..

i look forward to seeing this in more colors and different angles.

Comment

Here's a better pic of the side air intake trim:

Click image for larger version

Name:	z06-boomerang2.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	314776
        Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Comment

Hey enough people complained about the front end of the camaro to get them to change it in the middle of production... There is still time for Corvette to change that awful looking wishbone. Yikes. I love everything about the stingray but this one misses the mark simply because of the wishbone.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            This sure gives a different picture of what is/is not happening here. As CorvetteBlogger’s picture shows (thank you CB), it looks like there is an internal screening mesh that is inside part of the scoop. Are they wanting to create some specialized air laminar flow inside of the scoop for one of its many air intake functions, etc, for brake cooling, for motor air intake, and/or from air compartment cooling.

Click image for larger version Name:	884AED9D-F8E3-455D-AE3D-7D930AD01F6F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	105.0 KB ID:	314773
            John

the photograph you just posted shows the reflection in the silver photo created visual confusion. Your unique photo shows how awesome the real z06 will look and now I dig the new sharks tooth boomarang especially in black...and the wheels are awesome too.

fabulous car!

Comment

When all is said and done I think we have three things happening today, that a) enthusiasm was sky high and not matter what came out some would be disappointed, but b) when the rest of the mechanical picture comes out as part of the reveal, it will take attention far away from an aesthetic of a side scoop, and/or c) the number who have chosen a black C8 is way, way below historical norms and so it could increase black back to his historical third place color choice standing, with the result that I doubt more than 1 in 100 despite today’s emotions and initial thoughts by some, that 1% would back away from the Z06 when their dealer says, “Come On Down today, for we are ready to place your Z06 order right now.”

We also have the dcbingaman thought, that the body colored trim option could well double (even at $995).
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterC829 View Post

Name:	C8 Wishbone vs Boomerang.jpg
Views:	833
Size:	5.33 MB
ID:	314662 Wishbone VS Boomerang? My edit for debate
                Yep better without the wishbone. The wheels are killer IMO.

Comment

The wishbone is cool. You can see it in the white photo where the silver is washed out. The silver picked up a reflection that created a false image of a body seam that never existed creating confusion.

real world the z06 side view will be stunning.

still not sure about the front facia but hey give it more than a few minutes to process...

Comment

The body color option, if still available, will be a big improvement for those of us that would rather have it blend in.

Comment

I believe it will continue to be available. It was added by the Corvette team after lots of owner clamored for its addition. At $995, clearly desirable for GM too.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterC829 View Post

Name:	C8 Wishbone vs Boomerang.jpg
Views:	833
Size:	5.33 MB
ID:	314662 Wishbone VS Boomerang? My edit for debate
                        Peter……Can you do the wishbone in body color?
                        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Maybe we can get a wrap or option to have just that wishbone part body colored rather than the whole side intake.

Comment

Honestly, I am a bit disappointed. Maybe we will have to see more angles of it, but I think the Staingray frontend and side intakes go way better with the bodylines.

I just think the color to present the car was not choosen right. Here are a few photoshop version:

Name:	image_43231.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	792.3 KB
ID:	314800 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_43233.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	793.7 KB
ID:	314801 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_43232.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	781.4 KB
ID:	314802
                            Last edited by Ace; 09-27-2021, 02:01 PM.

Comment

The wheel gaps look...well, there is no improvement here.

Comment

Ace can you do a British Racing Green & Verde Ithica version? 😁

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X