Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

POLL: Z06 Version You’re Getting

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are skilled. I will pass. I personally know one person who did not have your skill and did +$20K damage to his Z06/Z07 on the way home from picking it up at the dealership as it swapped ends in the rain (damage both sides of the vehicle in his 360 skid) ; another one (this was learned via newspaper article) who in Miami skidded into a curb during his second hour of ownership also with a C7 Z06/7; and a third person here in Oregon where I live that wrecked it but less than $5,000 worth of damage five days after he brought it home.

As to the second person, he had it towed to the dealership, gave them $20,000 diff and drove home in an also brand new, entry 2015 Z06 with PS3’s.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Cup 2 tires are essentially race car tires. They should only be used under dry conditions....kinda like expensive Hoosier slicks. Quite frankly, I think they are kinda silly. The PS4's work well for me !

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        You are skilled. I will pass. I personally know one person who did not have your skill and did +$20K damage to his Z06/Z07 on the way home from picking it up at the dealership as it swapped ends in the rain (damage both sides of the vehicle in his 360 skid) ; another one (this was learned via newspaper article) who in Miami skidded into a curb during his second hour of ownership also with a C7 Z06/7; and a third person here in Oregon where I live that wrecked it but less than $5,000 worth of damage five days after he brought it home.

As to the second person, he had it towed to the dealership, gave them $20,000 diff and drove home in an also brand new, entry 2015 Z06 with PS3’s.
        I watched a video of a guy picking up his new Corvette at the dealer. As he was pulling out he floored it, spun out, and significantly damaged his car. Seriously, flooring a high performance car as you take a sharp turn? Running Road Atlanta I saw several stupid drivers damage their cars. When the power of the car exceeds the skill set of the driver, that is a dangerous combo.

I was coming down the back straight away at Road Atlanta at 160+; at the end there is a hill followed by a 90 degree left turn. I typically hard brake at the 300 foot mark before the turn. One day my brakes partially failed and I almost ran up the back end of the Porsche in front of me. Those Nittos, squealing like hell, held that 90. I have been a huge fan ever since. However, I do not drive in rain, even before the Nittos.

I do agree with you, that if you do not have the skill set or plan on driving in all kinds of weather, the Cup 2 R's are not a good idea.

Comment

PS4’s are great tires. Like all all tires, they are a compromise for the wide variety of conditions we face, but they too work well for us.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by SullyC8er View Post

Interesting. I ran these Nittos R-compound tires on my C5R-427 on the track and on the street for 10+ years. The only issue I had was when they were close to needing to be replaced, then it was slick on wet roads if I was caught in an unexpected storm. The car was not a daily driver.

Click image for larger version Name:	nitto.png Views:	2 Size:	232.5 KB ID:	314387
            I ran Nitto drag radials on my Camaro on the street for several years. Up to 4,000 miles, they were pretty good in the rain, other than monsoon events. From 4,000 - 6,000 miles, still ok, but definitely was more careful when rain was moderate or heavy. Between 6,000 - 8,000 replacements ordered. By 8,000 miles, the tires were sold to someone for track use only.

I had ET streets for drag strip use, so the above mileage was pure street usage (no roasting them) with fairly normal pressure being run (27 - 28lbs).
            2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
              I ran Nitto drag radials on my Camaro on the street for several years. Up to 4,000 miles, they were pretty good in the rain, other than monsoon events. From 4,000 - 6,000 miles, still ok, but definitely was more careful when rain was moderate or heavy. Between 6,000 - 8,000 replacements ordered. By 8,000 miles, the tires were sold to someone for track use only.

I had ET streets for drag strip use, so the above mileage was pure street usage (no roasting them) with fairly normal pressure being run (27 - 28lbs).
              That sounds about right. When they were worn, they could get dicy in the rain. I avoided going out in the rain but occasionally Mother Nature surprised me. Just need to be more cautious.

I am really looking forward to the Cup 2 R compound tires on my C8 Z06!

Comment

Back in 2015 a Z06 not sure if it was a Z07 or not. It was spun out against the guard rail at the top of the northbound I5 ramp looking real rough in Vancouver Washington. It had just left the dealer. Drove by him in first weeks of ownership of my car. Free reminder to be careful as to when and where as to what roads and how much gas you give them. Conditions must be met

Comment

If questions somehow can be asked at the reveal (that is if someone is there as opposed to 100% virtual), my first one will be:

What are the different spring rates and comparative bushing hardness measures for the Z07 versus other versions, and relatedly are there any other suspension components that are different for the Z07?*

​​​​​​*
                  We remember that for the C7 Z06/Z07 version that the front springs were 62% stiffer and the rears were 28%.
                  Interesting you bring up bushing hardness. I've been tracking my C7 Z51 for seven seasons now, and earlier this year a worn lower control arm bushing apparently was too worn and caused me to go off the track at 140mph. Took me a lot of digging before I figured out what had happened. Just to be safe replaced all upper and lower control arms, knuckles, ball joints and all tie rods.
                  C7 Track Dedicated Z51
                  Rollbar, tow hook, Z06 grill, short throw shifter, upgraded rotors/pads/wheels/tires, dashcam.
                  2018 Honda Goldwing
                  2018 Suzuki V-Strom
                  Track Day Addict, Latin America Adventure Biker, and Medicare Recipient.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X