Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

POLL: Z06 Version You’re Getting

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Z06 Version You’re Getting

Which Z06 version are you getting?

Click image for larger version  Name:	B600D775-F759-4217-8E9F-22564743DEBE.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	120.1 KB ID:	312037 Click image for larger version  Name:	489B191B-7AA5-4AA3-BDC4-6FC450EBDFD2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	242.6 KB ID:	312038 Click image for larger version

Name:	2F373858-338C-4B95-8622-C53EDF5A2A2B.jpeg
Views:	783
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	312039

Assumptions:
    1. We just saw for the first time thanks to Psmithzr1 and Roger a Z06 without any rear spoiler at all. We assume that is the entry level Z06.
    2. There is a middle level (whatever it is called) that has the good sized but not the largest front-protruding splitter, no canards and has the duckbill spoiler. It is not the Z07 version and thus will not have the Z07’s stiffer springs, firmer bushings, Cup2’s/R’s.
    3. There is the Z06/Z07 version with maximum track components.
    Please only vote on this poll if you are planning on getting a Z06. Thank you.
    The entry Z06 with the least level of aero I can.
    13.64%
    The middle Z06 with moderate aero components yet no Cup2/Cup2 R’s
    37.27%
    The Z07 version for track use ahead for me.
    20.91%
    I need so much more information before I can choose, e.g. suspension, brakes, tires.
    28.18%
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

If questions somehow can be asked at the reveal (that is if someone is there as opposed to 100% virtual), my first one will be:

What are the different spring rates and comparative bushing hardness measures for the Z07 versus other versions, and relatedly are there any other suspension components that are different for the Z07?*

​​​​​​*
    We remember that for the C7 Z06/Z07 version that the front springs were 62% stiffer and the rears were 28%.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

It will be price dependent. Most likely looking at middle option if these 3 variants turn out to be a thing.

Comment

While I love the overall look of the Z07, I am not sure about the low front end/dive planes and the risk of damage during the day-day driving that I plan on putting on the car

Plus the desire to not deal with such a track focused suspension and ride.

But I don’t like the bare rear-end on the base either…so middle ground it is for me.

Comment

Middle Ground and Have to Have this Wing. I'm sure there will be a checkbox for it. ( Hopefully )

Last edited by Frenzy36; 09-18-2021, 12:55 AM.
          Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Hard to say without seeing the vehicle without disguise.

I grew to love the z51 rear spoiler and front splitter and before this car I would tend not to like any aero.

On street cars I like minimal aero and prefer the sleek looks that affords.

I'd be happy with aero similar to.my current c8 but a little less would be ok with me too.

I have to see the car undisguised to give a real answer though.

Comment

If everything works out I would like azo6 non z07 in htc with full z07 aero but not the cu2r tires that will last 2000 miles on the street if lucky. Not to mention if you get stuck in any kind of rain with those good luck. I don’t need ccb brakes or cf wheels unnecessary and expensive track options I won’t be using. Car won’t be tracked. If I have to get z07 for the aero I will ace I don’t mind ccb brakes but no cup2r’s please.

Comment

While Im glad the z07 package and the cup 2 tires are an option..lthats one Id pass on myself as well.

i drive in the rain...i need tread for rain channeling. The P4s tires are an excellent mid level performance tire. I drove my c8 z51 this past winter everyday in the northeast and they performed admirably. I know a lot of guys freaked out when they heard I drove the car in temperatures below 40 degrees but it was fine. The p4s is much more an all around tire than the tires on the higher performing c7 iterations...(cup2 s not withstanding of course)

cup 2 s are for the dedicated beautiful day only type driving. The big wings and the spats are at about the same level for me. Hard pass and hopefully the wider wheels and tires give me the appearance I like along with the new powerplant.

depending on the release will depend what I end up doing...

im even having second thoughts including the ev hybrid Eray as the smarter play...

the tax breaks in NJ on hybrids have to be explored...no gas guzzler tax and ev incentives by my state are massive(could be 12500, 5000, 2000 and no sales tax although I think some fall off as the msrp goes upward ev in the latest government bill) and since its a wide body without wings with quicker acceleration at the very least worth exploring...(especially since I saw John has both the z06 and the e ray on reservation., theoretically many of us who listed late could get the E ray before the z06 the way the lines are forming according again to a thread on this forum)

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  If questions somehow can be asked at the reveal (that is if someone is there as opposed to 100% virtual), my first one will be:

What are the different spring rates and comparative bushing hardness measures for the Z07 versus other versions, and relatedly are there any other suspension components that are different for the Z07?*

​​​​​​*
                  We remember that for the C7 Z06/Z07 version that the front springs were 62% stiffer and the rears were 28%.
                  GREAT Question John , I’m Still Wondering if we’ll see DSSV Dampers on the C8 ZO6? , If so Those With Mag ride possibly we could Dial-out some of Z06/Z07 Ride Harshness when wanted? Not sure if Mag Ride would work with DSSV Dampers though ?

Comment

Ideally I would order the entry Z06 but with the "duckbill spoiler" as an option.

Comment

In another thread I noted that if I get to go to the reveal, I would first create a separate thread for MECF members to come up with questions I could ask. I did this for the C8 and was able to ask and get answered some MECF members’ ones.

Comment

I would be fine with the entry level, but it has to have the low spoiler and center exhaust. I really don't believe GM would do a Z06 without some spoiler, unless it is a delete option as on the current Z51.

Comment

Big wing and base Z06 would be my preferred combination. If I have to get the Z07 for the aero package I will (price dependent).
                          I did not vote because I have no intention of tracking the car, but I do want the aggressive aero.

Comment

You sure got that right, that price will be a major consideration . To get the Z06/Z07 during the C7 gen, by time you got the required aero package, you were at $11,000 ($12,000 if you specified visible carbon fiber).

Comment

I want the Middle version without cup 2 tires, I have no need for them since my Z06 will be driven on the street only.
                              These steamrollers will not be cheap. Example of similar size for Lamborghini.
                              • Rear: 355/25ZR21 (107Y) XL
                              • L1 Lamborghini
                              • Style: Blackwall
                              • Load Range: XL
                              • Serv. Desc: (107Y)
                              • UTQG: 80 AA A
                              • Qty: 1
                                Per Tire:
                              • $1,170.80

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse