Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

Speed Phenom Sells His 25K-Mile C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me neither. And why even though I would make more money selling my Stingray now rather than next Spring, and even if I were to get my Z06 in September or October, I can not live that long without our Stingray. It brings my wife and I daily happiness.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Me neither. And why even though I would make more money selling my Stingray now rather than next Spring, and even if I were to get my Z06 in September or October, I can not live that long without our Stingray. It brings my wife and I daily happiness.
      I didn't drive it today due to all the rain we're getting but I did go out in the garage and admire it for a bit. Daily joy, my moment of zen!
      2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

There will come time that I will have to move on from the car, and I can say that I may lose my emotional control - for a car that brought so much. Now I understand one of those shirts reading: "If you don't own one, you'll never understand."

I used to look up the VIN of my old car - a 2012 FJ Cruiser - on a regular basis because I still have small regrets parting ways. Every time I see one on the road, I laughed because of those three wipers. For this Corvette, it will be much stronger than that.
        Follow me @smurf.vette on Instagram -- https://www.instagram.com/smurf.vette

Comment

I can't say I'm surprised, I watched a couple of his videos and he's just like any of the other youtubers who create drama to keep people watching.

Comment

I wonder if CarMax knows how much time that car spent on the track?
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Also I mentioned, paraphrasing Doug, another reason would be that on his videos his car would show up more distinctly if AYM even when he was being video’s from far away.
              100%
              a few of us travel around together, its good to have the AY car in the lead, cant lose him as we can see it from literally a "mile away".

2021 On ORDER Criswell
              Deposit: 5/16/20
              Allocation: 3/18/21
              3000: 3/24/21
              3300: 6/18/21
              3400: 6/25/21
              TPW: 7/5
              Expected Build date: 7/6
              VIN/SEQUENCE: 18227
              DELIVERED: 7/20

ELB, 2LT, Z51, MAGRIDE, ADR RED Color Override.

Comment

We sometimes did the reverse, though for the same reason, our putting the Velocity Yellow one in the rear so the leader would be easily able to see if the last car in our group made the turn, stoplight, etc.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

We sometimes did the reverse, though for the same reason, our putting the Velocity Yellow one in the rear so the leader would be easily able to see if the last car in our group made the turn, stoplight, etc.
                  Just need 2, bookends!
                  2021 On ORDER Criswell
                  Deposit: 5/16/20
                  Allocation: 3/18/21
                  3000: 3/24/21
                  3300: 6/18/21
                  3400: 6/25/21
                  TPW: 7/5
                  Expected Build date: 7/6
                  VIN/SEQUENCE: 18227
                  DELIVERED: 7/20

ELB, 2LT, Z51, MAGRIDE, ADR RED Color Override.

Comment

Congratulations Speed Phenom. I sure do enjoy his videos.
                    Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

That’s still a healthy price especially with 25k miles.

Comment

Video, and he does well in what he sold it for. Surprised at to whom he sold it to?

Click image for larger version Name:	4AAEA615-1407-46ED-9223-C7608614A0F7.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	354.8 KB ID:	310988

Thanks CorvetteBlogger for this fun thread!

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2021...estyle_daily_r ecap&utm_term=2021-09-14
                        I don’t really watch that much Youtube, but I like the fact that this guy seems to genuinely like the car rather than many of the other youtubers who just do whatever will generate most clicks.

I am less fond of click-bait thumbnails on Youtube and it seems most Youtubers are heading that direction, unfortunately.
                        Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Never bought the car, or any other, for its potential resale value. It's always been based on the "wow" factors of the particular car itself. After almost 14 months and 14,000 miles, I've already got my money's worth from my 2020 AYM Z51 C8. I get get paid in "spades" every time I drive it!
                          GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                            Good to know carmax gave him 3 grand more than he paid for his car especially since it had 25k miles.
                            Nothing like paying over MSRP for a hard tracked used car which has to show some wear. Almost like 130k for 2020 with 1800 miles. Crazy times right now.

Comment

Originally posted by whl3 View Post
                              Never bought the car, or any other, for its potential resale value. It's always been based on the "wow" factors of the particular car itself. After almost 14 months and 14,000 miles, I've already got my money's worth from my 2020 AYM Z51 C8. I get get paid in "spades" every time I drive it!
                              I feel the same way. I could cash out on my 2 C7 Z06's. Which now are more rare than the C8 but why? They cost me less and with 800 hp performance is off the charts!

Comment

That was a smart decision. Arms length sales are always the cleanest considering the cars use. He does not have the buyer coming back to him with problems.

As for cashing out on my C8, my wife says no! She loves it money be darned. I have the C7 Z06 to tide me over until the C8 Z06 shows up if I did sell it. As for now the plan is place the order for the Z and figure it out later......
                                Born Feb 26, 2020! GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet black/suede interior; Yellow stitching and belts. Z51 & Mag Ride; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers;

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X