Confirmation As We Suspected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmation As We Suspected

The Z06 team, in spite of today starting two more industry testing weeks, is no longer at the Nurburgring. This was confirmed early today by Keith Cornett (“CorvetteBlogger”) reaching out to one of the famed ‘Ring videographers.

Will they return for a second time as they did with the C8 (in September 2019 and July, 2019 they tested there)? If so probably late next spring. And might Oliver Gavin be at the helm of one of the Z06 as they working on setting a lap record for the car?

Click image for larger version  Name:	6173E53F-0849-4737-8B88-0A3667888F9B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	831.5 KB ID:	310904
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Gotta love that 3 wheeler action…..👍😎
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

This above picture my favorite one from the two weeks of testing there.

My second favorite is this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3BC0E0A1-5433-430E-8579-AB63A5052208.jpeg
Views:	431
Size:	347.9 KB
ID:	310911
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Interesting tag number. 069 and 666 hold significance for some.
        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          This above picture my favorite one from the two weeks of testing there.

My second favorite is this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3BC0E0A1-5433-430E-8579-AB63A5052208.jpeg
Views:	431
Size:	347.9 KB
ID:	310911
          That center exhaust and wing still makes the rear facia look like a face with eyebrows to me.

Comment

Both great pictures and show the driver was getting after it!
            2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

Not surprising to me. GM went there to gather data, not set records. They got the data they needed, now they'll go home, analyze it, and make adjustments to the car as necessary. Probably go back later to evaluate those changes, too.
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                Not surprising to me. GM went there to gather data, not set records. They got the data they needed, now they'll go home, analyze it, and make adjustments to the car as necessary. Probably go back later to evaluate those changes, too.
                This is correct, I didn't think they would try for a lap record until the car has been shown off and is completely out of camo. They will go back and try later on.

Comment

Exactly as Vettesweetnos and meyerweb noted.

Originally posted by OP
                  Will they return for a second time as they did with the C8 Stingray (in September 2019 and July, 2019 they tested there)?

If so probably late next spring. And might Oliver Gavin be at the helm of one of the Z06 as they work on setting a lap record for the car?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X