Clear All

• C8 Corvette Z06 Convertible with Top Down Spied in Ohio

Click image for larger version

Name:	091421_2.jpg
Views:	3225
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	310776

Crossposted from CorvetteBlogger.com

There was a Corvette engineering team working this morning in Southern Ohio and from that encounter, we have full confirmation that the C8 Corvette Z06 will be offered as a Convertible model.

The video comes from Facebook as a Corvette enthusiast is driving behind two Z06 mules as they make down a rural Ohio two-lane road. Both cars have the large wing which we are assuming is part of the Z07 Performance Package and while the lead car is a Coupe, the second car is a Convertible and the driver is enjoying some top-down driving action.

What’s interesting about this sighting is that the engineering team’s C8 Z06s have shed the heavy black camouflage and are now running with only the vinyl camouflage wrap. That’s probably because so many of us have watched the Nurburgring videos where the cars were also only driven with the camo wrap.

The video lasts a little over six minutes and the Z06 with its top down is the only revelation we were able to glean from it. But hey, we like to joke that other drivers will only see the Z06’s taillights anyways, so here is a six-minute preview on their functionality.

Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Thank You, Thank You, and Thank You for that video.

I'm hoping the build for the HTC starts at the same time so IF, I get an allocation early, I can order a HTC.
    Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

The Z06 HTC has been revealed....now on to immediate production!

Comment

Exciting 👍👍
        Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

That is a great question that rickg747 raised, when will the Z06 HTC start down the production line??? A little birdie said it would be delayed. If so, three months? Ferrari and other exotics delay their equivalent versions for a full year.

Let’s hope for two things, that a) at the reveal we see a Z06 HTC, and b) as a result of that, the Corvette team shares whether it would be going done the line right away with the coupe.

If it is not revealed at the magic Oct 26th event (exactly six week from today), then for sure they will not answer any questions about it, deny it even exists saying, “we do not answer questions about potential future product.”

Like Rick and so many, please Corvette team even if you do not reveal it on Oct 26, please do so the beginning of next year and then announce that it wiould be going down the production line scheduled at the same time as the coupe.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

That puts to sleep in the best way the question of will there be a Z06/Z07 convertible. Well done Tadge and team.

Comment

What a great road for driving your C8 on! Numerous elevation changes, multiple corners, that road looks like it's a blast to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by MidEngine View Post
                That puts to sleep in the best way the question of will there be a Z06/Z07 convertible. Well done Tadge and team.
                Let's hope the difference between a STD Stingray HTC and a ZO6 HTC has little to with the Coupe and Covertable configuration
                1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
                2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
                GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger View Post

Crossposted from CorvetteBlogger.com

There was a Corvette engineering team working this morning in Southern Ohio and from that encounter, we have full confirmation that the C8 Corvette Z06 will be offered as a Convertible model.

The video comes from Facebook as a Corvette enthusiast is driving behind two Z06 mules as they make down a rural Ohio two-lane road. Both cars have the large wing which we are assuming is part of the Z07 Performance Package and while the lead car is a Coupe, the second car is a Convertible and the driver is enjoying some top-down driving action.
                  Can't watch the video because I don't have a _XXXXXXX_ account.

Comment

Personal opinion, while I am growing used to the Z07’s high wing on the coupe, again just my opinion, it is not particularly attractive on a Z07 convertible when viewed from the rear of the car. YOMV.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I hope they are building HTC Z06’s by the time my mid 50’s number at a big dealer comes up. What do you think the odds are John?
                      Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        Personal opinion, while I am growing used to the Z07’s high wing on the coupe, again just my opinion, it is not particularly attractive on a Z07 convertible when viewed from the rear of the car. YOMV.

https://www.iseecars.com/fastest-selling-cars-study
                        I wouldn’t kick it out of my……..garage……👍😎

Comment

Good point. Neither would I. What do you think of it aesthetically from the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            Good point. Neither would I. What do you think of it aesthetically from the rear?
                            In that particular still……not so much, on either car. But, in the video, at some other angles……much better.

Comment

But I still should reach out to Mary Barra and ask her to deliver one to your driveway…

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X