Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

Add’l Z06 Rear Fascia Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add’l Z06 Rear Fascia Differences

We have the noted the most obvious differences before, including its greater wider, the exhaust tips in the center, the difference diffuser/exhaust surround components, the extra lower outside rear vents, but thanks to “RapidC48B” for pointing out two more.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A7801DCB-B36C-4D6E-BAF1-2325CE7A5056.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.00 MB ID:	310664

Originally posted by RapicC48B
    I'm starting to see a lot more differences in the rear bumper design...

1. The "GM corporate trapezoid diamond thing" shape around the license plate is gone.
    2. The upper lip of the rear fascia above the license plate area appears concave instead of convex like the Stingray.

This fixes my biggest issue w/ the rear... that …. shape around the plate.and the overall "corporate design” rear.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	529BEBB3-5729-44AE-9B3D-0360A20F9BB4.png
Views:	324
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	310813 Click image for larger version  Name:	1A937FFD-D0F0-4734-B3AB-FEAB5EBD2393.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	310809

Easier to A-B the differences……..
    Last edited by Meldoon; 09-14-2021, 10:45 AM.
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

The license plate opening is lower on the rear bumper and it's near the bottom portion of rear tail lights plus the license plate itself is also lower on the Z06.

Comment

Thanks rlhmarines. My guess is that this is enhanced aero. Guessing that at over 200 MPH, this flows better, less drag, etc.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Don't know if the 3rd brake light in the Z06 is a lot narrower, or just covered on the sides with camo wrap.

Also not sure why center (3d brake light) is on and not outer lights. Unles outer lights just aren't as bright.
          Last edited by JustOneMore; 09-14-2021, 06:40 PM. Reason: Added additional comment

Comment

Im not sure I like the new rear facia of the Z06 yet I am waiting for the reveal without the spy covering.

I had noticed it earlier and decided to wait until its unveiled.

Comment

C8 butts drive me nuts. 😉😆
              2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

JB asks a question and even the pros outside of GM are wondering, “to what degree will the reveled car look different from what we now see, believe and think.

For example, take the front fender. Will it have that sharp crease? And if it does, will there be anything to echo it on the rear fender. And will the back-upper-top-rear of the front fender, a la the C8.R,have a air exhaust duct?

Name:	A926FC4D-3CF1-432B-87B6-7B6A1917A8B6.jpeg
Views:	242
Size:	831.5 KB
ID:	311012

GM has sure gone all out on this Z06 compared to the C7 Z06 and the C6 Z06. There appears to only be three body panels that are the same as the Stingray’s, e.g., the front hood, the roof and the back hatch. Amazing that we know that all the rest will be different. Body panels each cost millions just for the molds (source = Skank). And of course millions more to get to the point where you commission a mold. GM must be planning on selling tons of Z06’s!

Comment

I'm glad I don't live in a state that required a front license plate. The Z06 front end doesn't look very license plate friendly.

Comment

I might go rogue and not put from front plate on. Or if I do if/after being warned, it would be the Sho-n-Sto which mounts it three or four inches lower than OEM. Nah, take a chance on a ticket for you are so right it does not want anything there bigger than a postage stamp LP (with that stamp being mounted underneath the car so not seen at all).

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      I might go rogue and not put from front plate on. Or if I do if/after being warned, it would be the Sho-n-Sto which mounts it three or four inches lower than OEM. Nah, take a chance on a ticket for you are so right it does not want anything there bigger than a postage stamp LP (with that stamp being mounted underneath the car so not seen at all).
                      John , mount the plate in the pocket and modify the cover and put it on. If LEO stops you tell them you left the cover on for a car show and go remove it while he is there. After you go home put the cover back on. My mod.

Name:	20210723_151541.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	5.52 MB
ID:	311389 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210723_151606.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	5.68 MB
ID:	311390 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210723_151632.jpg
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	311391

Comment

Originally posted by jagtoes View Post

John , mount the plate in the pocket and modify the cover and put it on. If LEO stops you tell them you left the cover on for a car show and go remove it while he is there. After you go home put the cover back on. My mod.

Name:	20210723_151541.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	5.52 MB
ID:	311389 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210723_151606.jpg
Size:	5.68 MB
ID:	311390 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210723_151632.jpg
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	311391
                        From the pictures, it appears the Z06 may not have an Aero plate big enough for a plate to go in place of it.

Comment

Thanks. I am curious as to the Z06’s center heat exchanger possibly being blocked off at least partially by the LP, its frame, and especially its cover. There has to be a plate location and I am sure that GM will state to “remove the plate, frame and cover for all track use.”

More to learn in just this small are of the car. But back to jagamajajaran’s comment a few posts above that the front end of the Z06 does not look front plate friendly. I think it will seriously hurt its aesthetics. No plate for me. Tickets might be coming my way?

Comment

Rear end zoom in from today’s video. I like the arrowhead on the outside ends of the high wing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	EB771EA1-58FA-481F-BA0E-2775A314392C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	125.2 KB ID:	311712

Comment

Awesome job on the wing. Unique style and surely spent some time in the tunnel to achieve the downforce .
                              Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X