MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Reveal Countdown Clock! Official 4/26 GM C8 News. Finally, 7.18.19 Orange County Reveal Location Is Announced!

See more
See less

POLL: Z51 For Your C8 Or Not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never owned a C7 without the Z51 option so it’s the same for the C8.

Comment

It is imperative to wait and see what the engineering is of any spoiler! There may be a symbiotic relationship between the spoiler and another component of the car. Remove one and the other does not function as designed. I am a tried and true believer of the theory that one is best to leave the vehicle original. Not only does it, many times more then not, preserve the value but it also preserves the integrity of the design. It is impossible for me to decide on any performance package that relates to a spoiler until hearing what it does to and for the vehicle.

Comment

Well stated ltomn. Definitely the major relationship between the splitter and the spoiler inbalancing the car.

As for adding aftermarket parts, I am absolutely guilty for mainly visual ones; yet I am aware that even when I do gentle ones that enhance the car (IMO), I get nothing back in return financially. I think of every $1.00 I spend as $1.00 lost but if that mod, such as my Caravaggio steering wheel, makes me happy every time I look at it, it is money well spent to me.

While I typically do between 30-40 mods on every car I own, including all our daily drivers, on our first year ME I will be doing about 1/3 of that (including clear bra, CQuartz Finest, and window tint) as I plan to trade it in one a year two or three Z06. Well maybe I will get back a few cents on my window tint mod...
        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Spoilers? We don't need no stinking spoilers. Apologies to Mel Brooks.
          Save the wave.

Comment

That curved spoiler has been growin on me for the last coupla months. Now I absolutely like it ! It's as different as the C8 is Spectacular

Comment

Mr. Adrenaline, I just got a call from Mary Barra and she said that the Corvette team is going to serve up a Thanksgiving sized platter of adrenaline for you 94 days from now.

Questions is, can any of us handle that much?

Here’s a thread if you have not seen it tangentially addressing your comment about the spoiler, for IMO, the C8 Z51’s is going to look a lot like the C7’s LPO winged one except modified for the needed different aero requirements of a ME.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I'm used to the Z51 C7 and the added goodies that it gives so I would want those performance options in the C8. I agree with Milliwatt Rob in that I want the higher levels of performance without having that "I should have a number on the side of my car" look.

Comment

What if we made a large racing-like decal and put it on your ME while you are sleeping, with its saying “# 1”?

I truly get your point.

Comment

Remember SPEED RACER ??

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X