MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Official Announcement of The C8’s 7.18.19 Reveal; Video of The C8’s Ride; C7 Production Ending This Year

2 of 3 < >

MidEngineCorvetteForum Traveling “Forum Flag” Program Created!

We just created our MECF traveling Forum Flag Program thanks to “Ripper!” Would YOU like to display our forum flag on your Corvette, become a member of this program? Thanks for looking at the thread, especially at FVS’ created Forum Flag.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rogram-created
3 of 3 < >

C8 Section Re-Organization, With Our New “Mid Engine Exterior/Interior Pictures, Videos and Renderings” Section

MECF members asked for our segregating pictures, renderings and videos into one area; looking ahead, that section will become our most viewed area once you get your C8’s. Pre-existing threads that fit are now being moved. Thank you for the suggestion!
See more
See less

How credible is the 'frame twisting' rumor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How credible is the 'frame twisting' rumor?

Not sure that I really buy into the 'too much torque' so the frame twisted rumor. With CAD and advanced modeling, other manufacturers like Porsche and McLaren have had no issues with this. Here's a video looking into how credible all these delay 'rumors' are.

Weekly sports car news
    https://www.youtube.com/revmatchtv

Rumors about the rumors, but thanks for the link.

Comment

Thanks RevMatch TV. Really good video. Lots of good information for us. BTW, there really was a frame twist when they first tested the ZORA version last summer, but it was fixed easily back then, e.g., very old news. And even better, GM decided as a result to not only beef up that one frame member on the ZORA version, but also carry through that enhanced piece for every C8 chassis — even for the roughly 500 HP entry 2020 version.

Reason for only one chassis is lesser manufacturing complexity; and if it was just one piece of metal, could it very easily now being made of a higher strength steel, made of slightly thicker section modulus at this time, or some combination of the both.

Thanks Eric! I enjoyed your vid. Subscribed to your channel.

So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Thanks RevMatch TV. Really good video. Lots of good information for us. BTW, there really was a frame twist when they first tested the ZORA version last summer, but it was fixed easily back then, e.g., very old news. And even better, GM decided as a result to not only beef up that one frame member on the ZORA version, but also carry through that enhanced piece for every C8 chassis — even for the roughly 500 HP entry 2020 version.

Reason for only one chassis is lesser manufacturing complexity; and if it was just one piece of metal, could it very easily now being made of a higher strength steel, made of slightly thicker section modulus at this time, or some combination of the both.

Thanks Eric! I enjoyed your vid. Subscribed to your channel.
        Yes indeed, the old twist was a while ago. I was referring to the recent 'news'. Maybe we'll never know what happened, maybe we will! Thanks for the support John. Awesome forum you guys have here!
        Weekly sports car news
        https://www.youtube.com/revmatchtv

Comment

Thank you RevMatch for your video. I learned what a CAN is. And more.

Comment

I think it occurred, but like above, long ago fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by RevMatch TV View Post

Yes indeed, the old twist was a while ago. I was referring to the recent 'news'. Maybe we'll never know what happened, maybe we will! Thanks for the support John. Awesome forum you guys have here!
              What new news?
              There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
              79 coupe Silver/oyster
              All one owner
              Museum lifetime members

Comment

Thanks for the Video RM - As far as the 48V system this is a clip from Motor Trend

As fuel economy and emissions standards continue to tighten around the world, automakers continue to seek ways to make power while using less fuel. Mercedes-Benz, never one to let its engines rot on the vine, is taking the next step to do just that with a 48-volt system for a new 3.0-liter inline-6-cylinder engine. This amounts to a mild hybrid system, but it does more than just improve efficiency.

The system is being introduced on the 2018 S-Class, although not in the United States. We will get it eventually, but Mercedes has confirmed that the S-Class won't be the first car with it on these shores. Mercedes is launching it in two models with two states of tune. In the S450, it puts out 367 horsepower and 368 pound-feet of torque. In the S500, it produces 435 hp and 384 lb-ft of torque.
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

If this news was about a released, production car, I'd then believe it and be concern with it. With R&D car, you are supposed to push the limit to crack it. That's how it gets perfected.
                  Last edited by John; 03-31-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X