MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

ME Exterior Colors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John
    started a topic ME Exterior Colors

ME Exterior Colors

While repeat of an earlier thread, we now have what appears to be confirmation of our earlier thoughts that the new paint shop capability to paint twelve (12) will become reality with the 2020 C8 Stingray — at least if the leak originated shared by NBVette4U can be later confirmed.

We already have a specific related thread on just what the new Accelerate Yellow Metallic is thankfully not (e.g. SHOCK), and guessing as to what it might be.

We will later have, at the time of the reveal, an “Official Color Thread” for each of the ME’s colors, but right now this unofficial color thread will be all. Here’s then the probably 12 color choices we will be having for the 2020 model year.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4272D3A3-B992-4BFB-B12B-89F8F2DCCD84.jpeg Views:	11 Size:	31.4 KB ID:	30327
    Last edited by John; 03-25-2019, 10:08 PM.

• John
    replied
    A friend on this forum, had for many generations a rule, “I can not buy a new Corvette more often than once every three years.” Yet when BR came out, he was beyond himself, had such a crush on that color. He had stuck by his three-year rule for decades, that is until Black Rose appeared in his second year, I was watching the take rate for Black Rose (it was very low), and I called and warned him twice, that if he did not order one soon, his chances to ever yet this color would be over. He listened the second time, ordered it not too many months before they completely shut it down — yes, violating his three year rule LOL.

Everyone in our club loves his Black Rose GS.

Leave a comment:

• Klinn
    replied
    Ack! You're torturing me! Why oh why did GM have to discontinue that color before I was in the market for a C7?
    *sigh*

I'm normally a bright-color person, but I would have loved to get a Vette in that shade.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    BR is a spectacular color. I too am very sorry it is not a current offering. Just saw this picture of one on FB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	847C5AA4-4B23-4BF7-9D71-CC4F97DFC106.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	570.9 KB
ID:	39725

Leave a comment:

• Don Jorgenson
    replied
    Given a choice BR would be hands down our first color choice for our ME with Kalahari interior, but I’m dying to see what the new Natural interior will look like with Elkhart Lake Blue as a great second choice. Click image for larger version

Name:	50CC44DD-8282-4284-AA85-9D4AA220AC27.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	39722

Leave a comment:

• xzotklr
    replied
    Ad personum......ad personum !!!!!!,!!

Leave a comment:

• Klinn
    replied
    I hope it's a good looking version of yellow since it's becoming my preference for the C8. Depending on how it suits the final design of course. I find the War Bonnet yellow a bit too much in the gold direction rather than a pure yellow. But who knows!

Leave a comment:

• JustOneMore
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post

Well stated Nitrobrother; very accurate too. While we have learned that the paint for Accelerate Yellow is not the sickly greenish-yellow of the 2019 Bolt and Camaro (whose paint code is classified by paint provision companies officially as a green color), someone said something really smart to me, that the Corvette team will not race in a green — that it must be a yellow.

We sure hope the new C8 yellow is pure yellow.
    Our 4th C3 was a yellow 1980, which IMO was a beautiful pure yellow, before tintcoats which on occasion take on an odd hue depending on the lighting.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Originally posted by Nitrobrother View Post
    Huge fan of War Bonnet...that would be a good color on a car with so many sharp edges like the C8. Lots of converging planes where the color can flop.
    Well stated Nitrobrother; very accurate too. While we have learned that the paint for Accelerate Yellow is not the sickly greenish-yellow of the 2019 Bolt and Camaro (whose paint code is classified by paint provision companies officially as a green color), someone said something really smart to me, that the Corvette team will not race in a green — that it must be a yellow.

We sure hope the new C8 yellow is pure yellow.
    Last edited by John; 05-28-2019, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    I do not know anything definitely, but if the leaked specs are accurate, Kalahari will be replaced with “Natural.” And we further do not know how, in what ways, Natural might be different or similar to Kalahari. Best of luck on your getting the look of what you are envisioning.

Leave a comment:

• Sparro
    replied
    Hey John, do you know if that Kalahari interior will be offered in the C8. I'm now thinking of a Torch red vert with Kalahari interior, red stitching and possibly red seat belts.

Leave a comment:

• Nitrobrother
    replied
    Huge fan of War Bonnet...that would be a good color on a car with so many sharp edges like the C8. Lots of converging planes where the color can flop.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Very nice research ZL-1. If we only could learn just a little more as to what it really looks like. We would love to love the new yellow, but if it has green in it, we will say no thanks to it being our C8 color.
    Last edited by John; 05-28-2019, 08:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ZL-1
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_7041.jpg Views:	4 Size:	51.1 KB ID:	38196

I am especially interested in Accelerate Yellow Metallic because I have owned many yellow Corvettes. Yellow is my go-to color.

I searched the internet for its rpo code, GD0, and found its WA code is WA622D. Several sites show the ACDelco touchup part numbers are 19367458 for a paint pen and 19367457 for a spray can. Both show no stock at this time. The Color n Drive site shows a small paint sample that unfortunately doesn’t give us a very good idea of the color. To me it appears that it might be similar to Corvette’s last metallic yellow, War Bonnet Yellow from 1971-72 which is more a gold than a yellow vs 1971-72 Sunflower Yellow which was a true bright yellow.

It should be noted that various times in Corvette history a color that was shown in early ordering info sometimes gets cancelled by the start of production.

Last edited by ZL-1; 05-28-2019, 07:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RevMatch TV
    replied
    Originally posted by vettekat View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00035.JPG Views:	0 Size:	6.79 MB ID:	38027 I fell in love with this Long Beach Red Z06 last August and bought it (a 2016) with just 535 miles on it. I like it more every time I look at it. My mid-engine will be this color (possibly !!!).
    It's really such a nice deep red!

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X