MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

ME Exterior Colors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s my favorite LBR picture (taken at Crater Lake, OR) by another member Buzz.

Click image for larger version  Name:	05AC297B-BD4F-4523-AFA9-ADEFDDB33CF3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.32 MB ID:	36070
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Wow, look at the reflection of the mountain by the lake.. Looks like paradise.
      Last edited by Z_Rocks; 05-13-2019, 05:15 PM.

Comment

It almost looks like a flat metallic red. Great pic.

Comment

Awesome photography...wow...living the dream...congrats

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
            Awesome photography...wow...living the dream...congrats
            I've passed through OR and it's a beautiful place, but not as rich as CA.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	D30ECC16-25C6-44DF-B9E4-E8239D3EA4BB.jpeg
Views:	240
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	36110

One of my favorite shots of my z06.... im going traditional in honor of the rear mid engine layout as long as it looks good on the final bodywork of the c8.

im planning some nice drives up and around the mountains...fun roads not far away in memory of all the good years of corvette ownership..

bright red with black interior is alway cheerful and a good way to celebrate the decade between 60 and 70 years old...(OMG where did the time go)

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

Name:	D30ECC16-25C6-44DF-B9E4-E8239D3EA4BB.jpeg
Views:	240
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	36110

One of my favorite shots of my z06.... im going traditional in honor of the rear mid engine layout as long as it looks good on the final bodywork of the c8.

im planning some nice drives up and around the mountains...fun roads not far away in memory of all the good years of corvette ownership..

bright red with black interior is alway cheerful and a good way to celebrate the decade between 60 and 70 years old...(OMG where did the time go)
                I still like the C5 Z06 the best shape/style of any Corvette. In my 45 years of car ownership, my C5 Z06 was my most beloved car.

Comment

I tend towards bright paint colors and I always go for Torch Red first on the build-your-own-Vette site. But it really depends on the details of the design.

The C7 has some subtle creases and edges on the hood and front fenders which seem to get lost with a bright color on a sunny day. You know, the type of days we like to drive our toys? So for the C7 I ended up preferring darker colors. If I had known that Black Rose was being phased out, I would have been very tempted to get a C7 in that color, it's quite unique. Unfortunately I wasn't really looking for a new car at that point and wasn't plugged into Vette forums for info.

I've always wanted to get a car with a nice metallic orange paint at some point, so maybe the C8 will be it. Or maybe yellow. Decisions, decisions.
                  Last edited by Klinn; 05-14-2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

We have so many decisions, from our exterior color , to our expected, increased five interior choices, six seat belt colors, four caliper colors, exterior trim colors, optional other trim selections, etc.

I too find myself debating and debating — right now especially confused as to interior color choice. It would be so nice when we get actual interior samples to fondle. While that typically occurs at the Bash, this year we fervently hope for them to be at Carlisle and at NCM a week later. As I usually do, I will before then, reach out to the C8’s Chief Interior Designer (****, we lost Ryan Vaughan when he got massively promoted to head up GM China — and we have yet to meet his replacement), asking that person to bring those interior swatch samples to those two events if at all possible.
                    Last edited by John; 05-14-2019, 09:56 AM.
                    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I've always liked that Synergy Green briefly offered on the Camaro:

Name:	Camaro-Synergy-Green-02.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	36203

A bright green is such a tricky color to get right. Too dark and/or blue-ish and it becomes muddy, too yellow-ish and it becomes "snot green".

Comment

Zeus Bronze has the same option code, GUI, regardless of the Cadillac calling it Bronze Sand Metallic and the 2020 C8 naming it Zeus Bronze Metallic. Here the Doug DeMuro video from which the previous Cadillac screen prints were taken.

Last edited by John; 05-15-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Zeus Bronze looks really nice when the sun reflect back off of it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	EC147174-0EFE-4184-B79C-DAF87DEB3251.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	274.6 KB ID:	36432

However, love it a little less when no direct sun on a panel:

Name:	D71CD772-023C-4E4B-8BB1-F2BDBF7EA00B.jpeg
Views:	142
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	36434
                          Last edited by John; 05-15-2019, 03:05 PM.

Comment

There is a new brown on the Silverado called Havana Brown Metallic but it has a different paint code.

Name:	19543490669x640.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	36439
                            1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                            2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00035.JPG Views:	0 Size:	6.79 MB ID:	38027 I fell in love with this Long Beach Red Z06 last August and bought it (a 2016) with just 535 miles on it. I like it more every time I look at it. My mid-engine will be this color (possibly !!!).

Comment

I love Long Beach Red. Your car is absolutely stunning vettekat!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X