MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

ME Exterior Colors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does GM use different color names for the same color code across brands?

I seem to recall that 2014's Lime Rock Green was also offered on GM trucks, but under a different name...
    Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
    "Delta t = 23"

Comment

The paint code for the 2019 CTS-V you pictured (thank you), GUI, is the identical paint code to the leaked Zeus Bronze. That is an excellent picture you found/shared. Thanks Bikerjulio.
      Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

I seem to recall that 2014's Lime Rock Green was also offered on GM trucks, but under a different name...
        Yes, and in two different ways. The first one you identified, e.g., different names most of the time across brands. But the second one is what catches up many Corvette customers when their dealer first prints their order and sends them a copy of it, for GM’s internal official names are different from the names the Corvette team uses/iss in the GM Corvette literature.

Thus, because of the above, the number of times a Corvette customer (and it might be true across the entire line of GM vehicles), calls his/her dealers to express fear that the dealer ordered the wrong color for their car, is staggering.

Before we get to place initial orders, I will prepare a chart of the names we are seeing externally and the internal names for those identical colors that we will see on the formal dealer print outs of our orders.
        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

If someone had told me yesterday I would be considering a brown Corvette I would have told them they are crazy. But in the sunshine it looks very interesting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6402789E-CAD7-478D-8F3B-F86868ADA81E.jpeg
Views:	312
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	32861

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

My 2015 "Night Race Blue" was identified as "Berlin Blue" on some of the documentation that came with the car.

The paint colors have ordering codes, and some research on those codes can reveal all the names GM uses for that paint color.

Comment

Thanks John. So that is the same colour.

I know it's off topic but Doug has some showing and comments on the infotainment and camera systems that are probably appropriate to the C8.
              Last edited by Bikerjulio; 04-16-2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I'm still holding out for something similar to Daytona Sunrise Orange or Atomic Orange. But if not happening, I could go with a Lime Rock Green, or Elkhart Blue. Possibly the new yellow, but will have to wait and see what it really looks like. Maybe even black, but probably not. I've always liked red, and in fact my last 4 cars before the 'vette were one shade of read or another. But something about Torch Red just doesn't appeal to me.

On the subject of names, the names the paint manufacturers use are priceless. DSOM was "Orange You Glad," and Lime Rock Green was "Unripe Green."
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

The new Acceleration Yellow Metallic sounds exciting. Each year at the Bash as I’ve I chatted with Harlan yellow always seems to come up (I’ve owned 10 yellow Corvettes). A few years ago as we were discussing the new softer 2016 yellow I suggested he check out Aston Martin’s Sunburst Yellow Metallic. It managed to be metallic while still looking like a true bright yellow. Often when metallic is added to yellow it ends up looking too soft or too gold as with the current Mercedes AMG GT’s Solarbeam Yellow Metallic which looks gold.

The 1971-72 Corvette Warbonnet Yellow Metallic was quite gold. They also offered Sunflower Yellow, a true bright yellow like C4 Competition Yellow or C5 Millennium Yellow. That was my first yellow Corvette.

I also commented that it would be really cool if the new paint facility was capable of doing a pearl yellow tricoat like Ferrari’s Giallo Tristato or Lamborghini’s pearl yellow. Both are breathtaking but maybe too much to hope for.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Acceleration Yellow Metallic comes off as a true yellow, not gold-looking. Can’t wait to see it!
                  Last edited by ZL-1; 04-17-2019, 01:10 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Name:	FB6E6C3F-C6B6-46D9-941E-277589361142.jpeg
Views:	295
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	32997

Comment

Name:	A75290A5-F5E0-41F5-A81C-5E6494002394.png
Views:	286
Size:	500.1 KB
ID:	33025 Now if the “Zeus Bronze” comes out even close to this Wide Body C7, it would look way cool!. 😎

Comment

I can't believe I'm saying this but that bronze on the Caddy looks pretty good. If the C8 comes with more of a copper to it I might...I said MIGHT...not own yellow Vettes anymore.

Comment

I believe it could be an exciting copper if completely bathed in sunlight. However, when we watched the video of the Cadillac, when the sun was not on parts of it as Doug walked around, it became, to my wife and me, a regular brown, not an exciting copper.

Comment

They called this Saddle Tan in 63 and 64 and it's my favorite shade of brown on a Corvette. Not sure if it would work on a modern car so it will be interesting to see what the new brown (and yellow and blue) looks like.

Name:	IMG_1211.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	4.34 MB
ID:	33075
                            1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                            2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

I like this bronze:

Name:	Bronze lambo.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	33097

Comment

I'm betting that the yellow mimics the color on the GTLM race cars.

I've been leaning towards Sebring Orange or Blade Silver, but I saw a Long Beach Red C7 on the way home from work last week and it was gorgeous.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X