MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Official Announcement of The C8’s 7.18.19 Reveal; Video of The C8’s Ride; C7 Production Ending This Year

2 of 3 < >

MidEngineCorvetteForum Traveling “Forum Flag” Program Created!

We just created our MECF traveling Forum Flag Program thanks to “Ripper!” Would YOU like to display our forum flag on your Corvette, become a member of this program? Thanks for looking at the thread, especially at FVS’ created Forum Flag.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rogram-created
3 of 3 < >

C8 Section Re-Organization, With Our New “Mid Engine Exterior/Interior Pictures, Videos and Renderings” Section

MECF members asked for our segregating pictures, renderings and videos into one area; looking ahead, that section will become our most viewed area once you get your C8’s. Pre-existing threads that fit are now being moved. Thank you for the suggestion!
See more
See less

C8 Safety Systems & Components

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 07MontyRed View Post
    I'll pass on On-Star and perhaps rear cross-traffic, but the others sound good.
    I have the rear cross traffic warning on my XTSvsport and its come in handy a few times when backing onto a road or backing in a parking lot with limited visibility.

An issue for me is I have all those bells and whistles on my XTS and have become used to and expect them, but when I drive my C7 I have to consciously remind myself those dummy warnings are not there.
    Last edited by Boomer; 03-30-2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I am with you Boomer on rear cross traffic alert, especially when parked between two large SUV’s and I can not see anything until I am out into the travel lane.

Comment

I'm with Plasboy I like those.

Comment

ALL of those options please!

Comment

No OnStar and no Sirius trial either if I can cancel it.

Last year the VW dealer gave them all my contact info and I was bombarded for months by Sirius, who turn out to be one of the most notorious spammers in the business. And no easy way to stop them.

Comment

Ii dont think Ill buy any of these items unless they are standard. I am interested in the front end lift system as they just installed speed tables on my private road that I live on even though its a cul de sac and for those in cuvs they are nothing but in mypresent corvette I have to pretty much have to come to a complete stop 3 times to get on the main road...its pretty annoying.

i have the HUD in each of my corvettes over the past 20 years and Im not sure if I use it. I think Ill turn it off for a week and see if I miss it...ill probably opt for the HUD...

my new Alfa stelvio ti sport has a back up camera and I kind of like that. Those parking sensors in the front and the sides is kind of annoying everytime I park in the 2 car garage...i sort of wish i could tune down the volume...of the beepers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
                No OnStar and no Sirius trial either if I can cancel it.

Last year the VW dealer gave them all my contact info and I was bombarded for months by Sirius, who turn out to be one of the most notorious spammers in the business. And no easy way to stop them.
                You can in your dealer’s office when you are doing your original paperwork, tell them no, sign nothing related to OnStar or Sirius — with the key being not providing your credit card number. I have a couple friends who have successfully done that.

Conversely, I want both, and will happily sign up for them.
                So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

I have the rear cross traffic warning on my XTSvsport and its come in handy a few times when backing onto a road or backing in a parking lot with limited visibility.

An issue for me is I have all those bells and whistles on my XTS and have become used to and expect them, but when I drive my C7 I have to consciously remind myself those dummy warnings are not there.
                  I have the same problem, one car has the whistles, the other 2 do not. It’s almost dangerous when I switch cars.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X