6 to 7 C8’s Found ITW In North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 to 7 C8’s Found ITW In North Carolina

A large group of 6 to 7, C8 IVERs was found the day before yesterday by “bbc=540” just north of the Winston Salem/Greensboro area of North Carolina.

Thank you very much “bbc=540!”

We featured his capture of just one C8 of that group two days ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7B2BD46F-A593-4F79-917A-58589185B735.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	354.8 KB
ID:	30132

Then, amazingly at the same small intersection his town, he saw many more. Here are his comments, and please note what he captured in his rear view mirror in the last picture.

[Quote= ‘bbc=540’]Hey Guys - for what it's worth, I was working at my home office today and a group of 6 or 7 camoed C8's went by my house @ 10am Friday 3/22. I live in the foothills of NC near some great curves that's also close to the NC/VA state line. Seemed to be followed by a white SUV support vehicle. I immediately jumped in the car and began the pursuit but with so many different paths to take... I was not able to find them. I have spent the last hour and a half looking but nothing. Such an exhilarating moment but without the payoff! Anyone else have recent sightings near me?

Lightening does strike twice in the same place. Redemption for me as I just got a couple of in motion pics just a few minutes from my house. Apparently they are still in the area. I live just north of the Winston Salem / Greensboro area of NC. Not able to find them afterwards but not giving up.

Hey guys, here are the rest that I was able to get yesterday! Wish they could have been better quality but the best given the situation. As you'll see, all were taken at the same place passing through a small town stop light. Super pumped to catch them!

Name:	7CBE1270-02EE-494E-9AE1-F33DEEB2F07D.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	366.0 KB
ID:	30130Click image for larger version

Name:	6F3C3293-2061-415B-A030-0278B9BAD959.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	366.4 KB
ID:	30131

The last one appears to have a different low wing on the back... maybe? I don't recall seeing that one. Or it could be the blurriness. [/Quote[

A great thanks to “bbc=540!”
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

New C8 NC sighting thanks to “medic856.”

Name:	438C8D22-E4ED-4077-AA1B-B109C5168D22.jpeg
Views:	161
Size:	366.7 KB
ID:	30185

Looking at its winged spoiler, we see that what might have been an earlier theory of a relationship between the Mickey D wheels on the winged spoiler version vs the open/spit spoke wheels on the entry version, might have just been punted.
    Last edited by John; 03-24-2019, 08:55 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks for the Pics. Is it the blur on the first picture or does it appear that the frunk has a larger cavity in the center and higher front fenders?
      Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Might be some sort of perspective distortion.
        Last edited by John; 03-24-2019, 10:44 PM.

Comment

I like it best without a spoiler.

Name:	AD136D07-6878-4394-B24B-1581BAE8B0F1.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	30227
          Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

Love this story ... just looking out the window of my home office and "holy Guacamole" C8 Corvettes in camo drive by. Gotta like that ... It never happens to me

Comment

Is it just me, or does the front end of the vehicles in these pics look a lot more streamlined than prior versions? Perhaps some layers of camo removed? Whatever it is, it looks great to me!
              Initial deposit for 2021 Red Mist HTC 11/25/2019 @Criswell
              2000 status 2/13/2021
              3000 status 2/17/2021
              3300 status 4/23/2021
              3400 status 5/5/2021
              3800 status 5/22/2021
              4000 status 6/4/2021

Comment

I think it is a combined of pciture perspective and more camo being removed in different parts of the car. Nevertheless, much more camo is yet under even the seeming-appearing single layer of zebra vinyl. It will look even better when revealed. Not just my perspective but all three of our primarily renderers who say that GM’s C8 will look better than theirs, and or more important, those who have actually seen the naked car.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X