Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CorvetteToday Podcast Delves Into C4 With Aficionado Brad Hansen

CORVETTE TODAY delves into the C4 Corvette with affectionato, Brad Hansen. https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...I0r3Da0OXhSCLC Brad is a LA videographer, but uses his C4 as a Daily Driver. Consequently, he has become a true go-to guy for all C4 do-it-yourselfers! Brad has a great YouTube channel and social media presence. You'll find out all about that and more on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
See more
See less

What's next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next?

First it was the drivers side mirror mess with no replacements available. Now it's the pass. side carpet soaked. I thought it felt damp when I put in the new Lloyd's mats with only 20 miles on the car. I then read about a TSB about the drain not being installed correctly so I pulled the side panel off and the drain and hose looked fine. Took a 100 mile drive the other day and had the A/C running the whole time. The pass. carpet is now completely saturated. There are MANY others with this same problem. The "other" forum has a few threads on this, one of them 5 pages long. Dealers don't seem to have a solution even if you can get an appointment as they all seem to be booked several weeks out. I'll have to remove the pass. seat so I can get the carpet out so it will dry and find the solution myself. I wonder what's next?

I too would be very frustrated in your circumstance. But time to breathe deep and know that just like your earlier mirror issue, this too shall pass.

Take it back to your dealer and show them they have not solved the problem. And while there might be pages elsewhere, reading them (which I had to suck up to do), there were a lot of folks who posted and then posted again on it that never had the issue and the total number there who had the wet floor problem was a very small number on that thread (and the other threads regarding the same problem there). Let us not forget that we have about 37,500 C8’s, perhaps even 40,000 that are now being driven around daily.

I personally know over 100 C8 owners and not one of us have had this issue. Not saying I would not be very frustrated in your circumstance, but let us relax for this problem will get fully solved. That is why we have warranties.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

I personally know over 100 C8 owners and not one of us have had this issue. Not saying I would not be very frustrated in your circumstance, but let us relax for this problem will get fully solved. That is why we have warranties.
      If you don't run the A/C, you'll never have a problem. How many have lifted the floor mat to see if there's an issue? It's not noticeable unless you do, or until the smell of mold appears. The floor mat doesn't let the moisture out and the jute backing can easily hold a gallon of water. What good is a warranty when it takes several weeks to get an appointment just to have some incompetent tech to tell you there's nothing wrong. I prefer to do my own work as I know it will be done right. The only time I would use the warranty is for something I couldn't do or if it needs parts that I don't want to pay for.

Comment

What year is your car?. Mine 2021 No problems

Comment

I agree HTC crazy and personally choose to do as much as I am able.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by GTS Bruce View Post
            What year is your car?. Mine 2021 No problems
            2021, 2 weeks old, 200 miles.

Comment

2020. Had three problems. Ours was made in February, 2020. All now fully fixed as follows.

First one was the horizontal black trim piece on the outside at the divider between the window and the top of the door panel was scratched during transport delivery (dealer ordered a replacement during the PDI process and brought that issue to my attention). Fixed upon part dealership arrival.

Second one was the brake booster; that took many months until there were parts arrived but could drive it perfectly until then. When the parts were in, they fixed it immediately and precisely.

Third was the replacement of the cap on top of the front lift reservoir. Per TSB it was replaced. I checked it again last week and it is completely dry. In full disclosure I never saw a leak before either.

There were some software downloads that my master service tech downloaded for me during the brake booster replacement. They had not caused me issues before. One was the famous frunk closure issue — though my frunk never caused me an issue and I never wired or otherwise wired it down but I always before that update I double checked to insure the frunk was doubled latched before I got into the car and always put the key fob in a secure place so I would not inadvertently hit it while driving.

Comment

Originally posted by HTC crazy View Post
                First it was the drivers side mirror mess with no replacements available. Now it's the pass. side carpet soaked. I thought it felt damp when I put in the new Lloyd's mats with only 20 miles on the car. I then read about a TSB about the drain not being installed correctly so I pulled the side panel off and the drain and hose looked fine. Took a 100 mile drive the other day and had the A/C running the whole time. The pass. carpet is now completely saturated. There are MANY others with this same problem. The "other" forum has a few threads on this, one of them 5 pages long. Dealers don't seem to have a solution even if you can get an appointment as they all seem to be booked several weeks out. I'll have to remove the pass. seat so I can get the carpet out so it will dry and find the solution myself. I wonder what's next?
                Call GM Headquarters on (313) 556-5000 or visit GM Customer Care Contact Form

Remember, you are the customer, so make GM do the work.

If you're like me, waiting over a year for a Car is one thing, not getting to enjoy it once you get is another.
                1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
                2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
                GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

Call GM Headquarters on (313) 556-5000 or visit GM Customer Care Contact Form

Remember, you are the customer, so make GM do the work.

If you're like me, waiting over a year for a Car is one thing, not getting to enjoy it once you get is another.
                  Thanks for the advice but it would be easier for me to fix the problem myself. If GM were to handle it, I'd have to make an appointment several weeks away, and end up spending more time in the waiting room than it would for me to fix the issue. Then they would probably give me the standby service dept. reply "unable to duplicate the customers complaint". I got a service manger fired over that one.

Comment

Several weeks to get a service appointment? Must be short on techs or something. I can get a spot in two/three days usually, with the Corvette tech. Maybe you need to look for a new service department?

Comment

Thanks for the advice but it would be easier for me to fix the problem myself. If GM were to handle it, I'd have to make an appointment several weeks away, and end up spending more time in the waiting room than it would for me to fix the issue. Then they would probably give me the standby service dept. reply "unable to duplicate the customers complaint". I got a service manger fired over that one.
                      I understand your point it's a headache, it's just not in my DNA to spend $90k plus on Car anf let GM off the hook on their Customer Service and my Inconvenience.
                      1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
                      2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
                      GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

I understand your point it's a headache, it's just not in my DNA to spend $90k plus on Car anf let GM off the hook on their Customer Service and my Inconvenience.
                        AMEN brother !!!!!Car was released about a year before it was actually ready to go to market. Now its backfiring on GM with lots of bad press. I can understand this because of the dollar signs they saw. But now GM will be spending all this profit fixing problems, training techs and yelling at their dealers service managers to get on the stick.

3 weeks for an appointment on a NEW car that's growing mold.....not acceptable. I really love this car and have decided to leave my deposit. Unless the C8 eating Shelby 500 gets here first

There is really no defending these ****oo's. Hey, its OK, all the other manufacturers are having the same problems rushing their new models to market RE: Mach E GT, Full Size Bronco.

That's why SO MANY say "don't buy the first model year" on anything.

It's just all "part of the experience"

The C8 is STILL an amazing machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I totally get where you're coming from. Unfortunately, I'm not a patient person and waiting is not in my DNA. I waited for 3 1/2 hours for a dealership to change an alternator under warranty on my truck. After 2 hours, I was so pizzed off I told them I could do the job in the parking lot in 10 mins. if they would let me use a couple of tools.

Comment

I totally get where you're coming from. Unfortunately, I'm not a patient person and waiting is not in my DNA. I waited for 3 1/2 hours for a dealership to change an alternator under warranty on my truck. After 2 hours, I was so pizzed off I told them I could do the job in the parking lot in 10 mins. if they would let me use a couple of tools.
                            Unfortunately, as you stated, you are "not a patient person and waiting is not in your DNA". IMHO: I would say that is a recipe for failure for anyone who goes in for service whether it was routine or warranty work. I would say try putting yourself in their shoes first before reacting like you did.

If it was me, I would call them up in advance and ask them how long will it take to service your vehicle. If it was longer than you wanted to wait for it, I would try to schedule a loaner. If there was no loaners available then I would ask them to give me a ride back to work or home. I would schedule a time for them to come back to pick you up when they were done with your car. This way you could be way more productive with your time, instead of sitting there and getting "pizzed" off. ...

just my .02

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post

AMEN brother !!!!!Car was released about a year before it was actually ready to go to market. Now its backfiring on GM with lots of bad press. I can understand this because of the dollar signs they saw. But now GM will be spending all this profit fixing problems, training techs and yelling at their dealers service managers to get on the stick.

3 weeks for an appointment on a NEW car that's growing mold.....not acceptable. I really love this car and have decided to leave my deposit. Unless the C8 eating Shelby 500 gets here first

There is really no defending these ****oo's. Hey, its OK, all the other manufacturers are having the same problems rushing their new models to market RE: Mach E GT, Full Size Bronco.

That's why SO MANY say "don't buy the first model year" on anything.

It's just all "part of the experience"

The C8 is STILL an amazing machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              As a customer who took delivery last year, and with over 6000 miles of fun and spirited driving, I take issue with the car being released "about a year before it was actually ready to go to market" comment. I've had nothing but carefree driving with zero complaints except for 1 over the air update issue. The car is a blast and of high quality.
                              Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X