Who Lives in Z-Mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Lives in Z-Mode?

Is it just me…or is Z-Mode your favorite setting? I find myself living there. The car takes on a life of its own! It just sounds and feels awesome.

My gas mileage gets thrown out the window, but I don’t care! Who is a member of the Z-Mode club and why?
    Last edited by Stratus; 07-27-2021, 09:00 AM.

Z is a super-mode to me too. I find myself there (90%) or in calm mode. When we do a 500 mile day we are in quiet mode most of the day (though steering and most other settings never go less than sport (default) — unless the pavement is really rough when it goes into tour). In Z mode it all ramps up except steering which I want to always be the same no matter what I am doing.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I pretty much live in Sport mode. But the lure of Z mode is strong and I go to it frequently. When on the highway, it's straight Tour and I get close to 30 mpg. It also settles the ride and makes it more comfortable.

Comment

I love Z mode, but my biggest gripe is it defaults to tour mode on restart. In sport mode, at least it remembers the mode before restart.

Comment

I'm not in Z all the time. I use it as an alternative to tour when on the road, passing, coming upon a curvy road, etc., then I can revert back to tour for highway cruising. I have My mode set where I like it for everyday driving around town. Z is really intended for temporary use, so reverting back to tour on restart or exiting Z doesn't bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacquer View Post
            I love Z mode, but my biggest gripe is it defaults to tour mode on restart. In sport mode, at least it remembers the mode before restart.
            DING DING DING! When you turn Z mode off it goes to Tour, why? It should go back to the mode I was in. I live in My mode, sport with tour suspension setting. I cannot live in Z mode, suspension to hard for daily driving and I would want to race everything and speed...must use restraint 😇
            2021 3LT Convertible Rapid Blue C8 follow us for mods, reviews, and interaction. Everything and more.

IG: Malibu.C8
            YouTube:One Hot C8

Comment

I have My Mode set up pretty close to Tour. I'm in My Mode on the freeway or when cars are in front of me on the backroads. If no one is in front of me on a backroad I switch to Z Mode.
              2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

mmm Now there's a reason to cruise to the beach this morning. I have used Z mode but my excuse for the day is I forgot if I used it, which isn't a stretch, to that of my memory loss. So, therefore Mr. Stratus thank you for your post giving me an excuse for the day and what I am going to justify as a very good reason for a morning cruise to revisit Z mode and tell you what I think. I am one of those blockheads that set the car in MY mode and then forget to even remember how to change the settings. Even though Z Mode is right there for the easy pickings, even to a blockhead. Actually if I remember correctly when setting MY mode I do kinda remember it being very similar to Z mode.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
                  mmm Now there's a reason to cruise to the beach this morning. I have used Z mode but my excuse for the day is I forgot if I used it, which isn't a stretch, to that of my memory loss. So, therefore Mr. Stratus thank you for your post giving me an excuse for the day and what I am going to justify as a very good reason for a morning cruise to revisit Z mode and tell you what I think. I am one of those blockheads that set the car in MY mode and then forget to even remember how to change the settings. Even though Z Mode is right there for the easy pickings, even to a blockhead. Actually if I remember correctly when setting MY mode I do kinda remember it being very similar to Z mode.
                  Z is a whole new world in the car. It puts all the POWER at your foot and you turn into an F1 driver ready to take Hamilton out! It's way beyond Sport or My mode, it makes the car so fun on curvy roads!
                  2021 3LT Convertible Rapid Blue C8 follow us for mods, reviews, and interaction. Everything and more.

IG: Malibu.C8
                  YouTube:One Hot C8

Comment

Rarely use it. My Mode is sport mode brakes and steering with with tour exhaust and MRC for when I want it quiet or pavement is bad. Otherwise the car is in sport mode. When I'm interested in passing or driving for fun, I use the paddles. Not many places around here with sustained curves and good pavement where I put MRC in track and at that point I just use track settings.

Originally posted by Lacquer
                    The real issue with the C8 set-up is not that Z-mode reverts to tour, it is that My Mode does not include all the controls, especially DCT shifting, that are available in Z-mode. If people are using Z-mode for normal driving, it is because MyMode settings are inadequate. Z mode should be a step beyond normal, whatever that might be.
                    2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Yeah, I use Z mode more than anything else. One button satisfaction

Comment

I'm a My Mode guy almost 100%. I like to decide how I want it. If you know what I mean. I do use tour on bad surfaces sometimes though.

Comment

My biggest corvette smiles always involve Z-mode. The rev-matched downshifts sound like a symphony when aggressively braking.

Comment

Originally posted by OneHotC8 View Post

DING DING DING! When you turn Z mode off it goes to Tour, why? It should go back to the mode I was in. I live in My mode, sport with tour suspension setting. I cannot live in Z mode, suspension to hard for daily driving and I would want to race everything and speed...must use restraint 😇
                            The answer is probably based on what Tadge told us at a Bash mode when someone asked how come the C7 when left in track mode defaults to touring mode upon engine off.

His answer was (paraphrasing for this is five or six year old memory) that let us say that a couple own and both drive the car regularly. One is highly skilled and a track competitor, chooses to put it into track mode, remove some of the safety protections even as he drives around town, while the spouse is the opposite end of that spectrum, driving calmly and has no track experience.

What if the track person left it in track mode with reduced its safety system that were chosen, then his spouse not realizing it went our for a drive on a rainy day.

Hence why I am thinking, that upon an one engine off moment Z mode defaults to tour, and speaking candidly, is it so onerous to press that Z button right there on your dash? I will bet that 100% of us Corvette owners can press that button easily and in less than a second.
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

The answer is probably based on what Tadge told us at a Bash mode when someone asked how come the C7 when left in track mode defaults to touring mode upon engine off.

His answer was (paraphrasing for this is five or six year old memory) that let us say that a couple own and both drive the car regularly. One is highly skilled and a track competitor, chooses to put it into track mode, remove some of the safety protections even as he drives around town, while the spouse is the opposite end of that spectrum, driving calmly and has no track experience.

What if the track person left it in track mode with reduced its safety system that were chosen, then his spouse not realizing it went our for a drive on a rainy day.

Hence why I am thinking, that upon an one engine off moment Z mode defaults to tour, and speaking candidly, is it so onerous to press that Z button right there on your dash? I will bet that 100% of us Corvette owners can press that button easily and in less than a second.
                              I can understand the safety aspect of different drivers (at least from a liability perspective). But they could make it so that you revert to the previous mode when Z Mode is turned off as long as the engine hasn't been turned off. And they could have an option to allow you to set a default "safe" mode other than Tour after a restart.
                              2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X