POLL: Z06 MSRP (six months later)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Z06 MSRP (six months later)

January was our last C8 Z06 price poll. The average MECF price estimate back in January was between $89,000 and $89,995. It was also the medium price. But things appear to have changed with potentially major new information of a possible or is it probable, magnesium DCT — but even more than that the massive price escalation of all vehicles in the last year, e.g., 12%. We also know now that the Z06 is now for certain going to be one model year later as 2023 instead of almost all of us thinking in January it had a good chance of being a 2022. How much vehicle price inflation will take place before the now and estimated late summer start of Z06 production (something of course GM must consider carefully)?

Click image for larger version

Name:	683B5FE6-96A7-4A4D-9A26-4D49FF64AC03.jpeg
Views:	3996
Size:	798.9 KB
ID:	292889

Additionally, compared to our January poll, now we need to also factor in the March $1,000 C8 Stingray price increase and the 2022 increasing price of $1,000 and more for major options, e.g., Z51 ($500), E60 ($500) and even more for transportation ($200), so please what do you think would be the C8 Z06’s 2023?

Allow me please to re-post one post from the January earlier MSRP price poll.

Originally posted by John
    One big FWIW re some factors for considering the Z06’s MSRP:

The last year of the Z06 it started at $81,995. The 2020 StingRay’s pricing (we can not make a true applies to apples comparison due to major feature changes) but it was roughly $2,000 more than the 2019 Stingray. We know the C8 Z06 will not be earlier than a 2022 model. So what would be the pricing increase for it being a two-year-later Corvette model? Of course there’s was no 2021 price increase, but many based on past Corvette history are expecting a more than small price increase this spring and/or the beginning of the 2022 model year.

What content will be standard in a C8 Z06 for which you pay extra for in a C8 SR? [In the first year of the C7 Z06 it came standard with HUD, Z51, mag ride and a few other components that were all C7 Stingray 1LT options.] Perhaps GM would add to those basic 1LZ component contents; might there be new aero component enhancements that are standard on every Z06?

One massive difficulty in using these past factors to arrive at an estimated first year Z06 entry model price is that of all the rumors that are not disputed, the major one is that the Z06 will have a DOHC motor. With their estimated 750 more parts than the SR’s OHV motor, we should estimate a significant price increase due to this change alone.
    Lastly, one factor to add for your consideration, i.e. could standard option for even the 1LZ Z06 become the inclusion of the $500 rear camera mirror?
    Less than $84,999
    3.13%
    $85,000- $86,499
    10.42%
    $86,500-$87,999
    1.04%
    $88,000-$89,999
    26.04%
    $90,000-$91,499
    14.58%
    $91,500-$92,999
    4.17%
    $93,000-$94,999
    11.46%
    $95,000-$96,999
    16.67%
    $97,000-98,999
    3.13%
    + $99,000
    9.38%
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

$55900 for 2019 c7 1LT and $81900 for c7 Z06

$26000 difference.

63 grand for c8 plus $26000 equals $89000

Comment

Everyone is suggesting this car will start closer to 100k. I can't see it starting at 85k. Not this time around.

I think it's going to be a tick under 100k.

Comment

Whatever the price, it will be a bargain relative to anything close as considered competition. I think what GM will be sensitive to is a $100,000 price point. I think they would like to initially allow themselves a bit of wiggle room under 100K for price adjustments after the initial Z06 year. Once they have a feel for the Z06’s acceptance, they might feel more comfortable in raising the bar!! My vote btw, was $93,000-$94,999.
        Last edited by whl3; 07-26-2021, 10:29 AM.
        GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

If it’s at or over $100k it will make me think of other options that will retain their value better.

Comment

My 2015, ZO6 basic cost was $78K by 2019 it was essentially $90K or a cost increase of around $3K/year. If one follows this trend to 2023 it comes out to around $102K. Well optioned, around $129K. Not sure GM will want to go beyond $100K on the first year of the car though.

Comment

Hope everybody is wrong like most were in guessing the Stingray price before it was announced.

I think it will probably have a base price between 80 and 85K for the least expensive car at a low take rate like, 5%, The money will be made in the options. Think like possible options up to 130K . Irresistible options will have a high take rate.

The price structure has to leave space for the base Eray, ZR1, and Zora.

Do it top down: Start with a base price, for the least expensive base version of the top car, Zora, and work backwards.

Not exactly but something like this: 150K$Zora. 120K$ Zr1. 105K$Eray. 85K$Z06. 61K$Stingray. ------

So guess a price for base version before options for the Zora ?

How much For a base ZORA. 140? 160? 130, 170.

Where does the Eray fit? Is the Eray going to be LT2 plus electric? Or LT6 plus electric? I matters.
              -------------------------
              Go "Porsche 911" with the prices and the sales will fizzle to Porsche 911 numbers.
              Last edited by SheepDog; 07-25-2021, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Pagan View Post
                My 2015, ZO6 basic cost was $78K by 2019 it was essentially $90K or a cost increase of around $3K/year. If one follows this trend to 2023 it comes out to around $102K. Well optioned, around $129K. Not sure GM will want to go beyond $100K on the first year of the car though.

That is true on your last comment however GM has saw the craziness the stingray has brought the past 2 years. Everyone wants a C8. When it first debuted, i was like that's awesome. And i was a fan ever since. But didn't have much interest in getting a stingray as i thought the z06 will come a year later. Now we're in the 3rd MY of the stingray and still no z06 in sight.

This z06 will have people waiting, in chain form, from cali to NYC lol. That's how long the line of people will be waiting for this z06.

They're not going to undervalue this car. They will not destroy the potential market for it as well. That's why i believe it'll be close to 100k starting.

It's going to be too much car this time around.

Comment

Under 90k for a barebones base car. But you won’t be able to order a base car for a while, like the Stingray.
                  Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

I think staying under 90K for the base will be important. Getting a car with the types of options my car has will probably run between 95-105K. My guess anyway.

Comment

I still think the base Z06 will be on the low side of the estimates. Just like the base C8 starting price surprised most of us..I think the base of the Z06 will be in the $85k range to draw people in more....then once you start adding the options.. the average will be over well over $100k ..prob $115-$125k average.

With the Z06 going to 2023 it opens up some production capacity to fill the Z06 void for 2022... thats good news for the masses that have been waiting and deferred from 2021.
                      However, the delay will only stoke the fires for more people wanting a Z06...

Price is a sensitive issue and corvette usually gets it right. But whatever the price it will be a bargain compared to the competition.

Heres a good poll How many Z06's will they make in 2023 ? Im sure they will have more takers than available for 2023 but im curious how many they expect to produce? Because that high or low volume number will factor in to GM's pricing..

Comment

That is a good question. We shall ask that one next weekend. Thanks C808.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

My vote was 95,000 plus since you asked for the medium price point...and that is probably too optimistic?
                          '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                          '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                          '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                          '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                          '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                          '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

We shall see. Perhaps GM will again super positively surprise us (no more than 148 days from now — but who’s counting….).

Comment

Talking about a base Z06 car. Educate me. Z06 is an engine [built in-house] up grade and out-sourced tranny at wholesale how much did it cost the manufacturer per copy. 15K$? 20K$. Add in the tires and brakes and what is the raw cost to produce. And how much for name tag.

40K$???
                              Last edited by SheepDog; 07-26-2021, 09:21 AM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X