MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Reveal Countdown Clock! Official 4/26 GM C8 News. Finally, 7.18.19 Orange County Reveal Location Is Announced!

See more
See less

The REAL reason(s) the C8 mid engine CORVETTE hasn't been released yet!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HorsePowerObsessed View Post

I haven't heard anything about that, either. The Don Sherman interview was very enlightening and definitely brought a lot of things to our attention, this wasn't one of them. GM has always been good about making the cars weight very 50/50 and SHOULD be even easier with the ME layout.
    For performance, you DONT want 50-50 weight, static or dynamic. Proven fact! You want weight over the rear tires. Understeer and oversteer are balance problems and can be tuned to what the driver feels he needs. Very interesting post on this forum about the mid engine advantage. Use the search function. Take away the BOP in road racing and watch the midengined cars walk away from the FE cars. Just my opinion as an owner of 7 midengined cars, both race and street. Best regards, Racer86_

Comment

I can’t imagine a light front end problem with the wind tunnel testing that has surely been done. Just not plausible.
      There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
      2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
      79 coupe Silver/oyster
      All one owner
      Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Plasboy View Post
        I can’t imagine a light front end problem with the wind tunnel testing that has surely been done. Just not plausible.
        I agree. with wind tunnel and nurburgring testing there's almost no chance that the car won't handle like a dream.
        Check out my YouTube channel for all kinds of Corvette content:
        www.youtube.com/c/horsepowerobsessed

Comment

Originally posted by HorsePowerObsessed View Post
          What do you think about the power of this car causing the frame to twist and fracture the rear glass? Crazy, isn't it?! This thing is going to be a BEAST!

Delay is normal when an automotive manfacturer undertakes to create a new and different product. Ferrari has delayed the introduction of the planned Ferrari SUV from 2020 until 2922 two years. The purpose of the Ferrari delay is to get it right. See below.

SEE Below from Automotive News
          September 18, 2018 01:00 AMFrom: Automotive news

Ferrari's plan through 2022 includes 15 new models, hybrids, retail price growth

Tommaso Ebhardt
          MILAN -- Ferrari plans to launch 15 new models by 2022, and the company expects the average retail price for its vehicles to increase "significantly."

Ferrari will start selling a planned SUV called the "Purosangue" -- or thoroughbred -- by then, the company said as it briefed investors on its five-year development plan.

The plans represent a modest pullback from the goals of longtime former CEO Marchionne, who died suddenly in July. Marchionne said in February that Ferrari was targeting 2 billion euros in EBITDA no later than 2022. He also had promised the new SUV -- Ferrari's first as it seeks to broaden its lineup and reach a wider customer base -- would arrive by 2020.

Camilleri, a former cigarette-company executive, is under pressure to prove he can keep Ferrari delivering for investors without its legendary former chief executive.

The profit goal is "ambitious but doable," Camilleri said, as he unveiled plans to add electric power to more than half Ferrari's lineup. The plan to build its first-ever SUV highlights how even a manufacturer long synonymous with high-performance gasoline cars is going with the times to meet its ambitious growth targets.
          The SUV delay "is to get it perfect," Camilleri said.

About 60 percent of total production will have a hybrid engine by 2022, the company said. For any purist Ferrari fan worried about that new direction, there was also a taste of what Ferrari does best: the carbon-fiber, 810-hp Monza charged with a V-12 engine and in one-seat and two-seat versions.

While the Monza is part of an ultra-rare, ultra-expensive crop of special editions, it's a niche that's important for carmakers like Ferrari and rivals like Lamborghini: It helps burnish their high-performance credentials and guarantees a buzz with prospective buyers and fans alike, while helping the bottom line because margins on these cars are even higher than with the already-expensive standard-edition models.

The Monza is heir to the iconic Barchetta model, according to the company. The price will be released at the Paris auto show next month and will likely break through the 1 million-euro ($1.17 million) barrier as previous special editions did. The Monzas have already been assigned to some of Ferrari's most loyal clients, who had a preview of the car Monday night.

Between next year and 2022, there will be 15 new model launches, and the average retail price will increase "significantly," according to Ferrari's head of sales, Enrico Galliiera. One notable departure from its high-powered heritage will be the introduction of smaller V-6 engines, which were also announced at the investor meeting.

The Purosangue will meet an increasingly crowded field of ultraluxury or high-performance SUVs: Lamborghini has the Urus, Rolls-Royce the Cullinan, and Bentley the Bentayga. A few rungs lower on the price ladder, there's the Maserati Levante and the Jaguar F-Pace, while Mercedes-Benz just upgraded its G Wagon, which -- despite its rugged, no-frills appearance -- commands a luxury price tag.

Still, Ferrari was careful not to market the car as just another SUV.

"I abhor hearing SUV in the same sentence as Ferrari," Camilleri told investors at the carmaker's headquarters in Maranello, Italy. "As a die-hard Ferrarista, I was a little skeptical when the concept was first voiced at the board. Having now seen the wonderful design and the extraordinary features, I am a hugely enthusiastic supporter."

Comment

I appreciate and enjoy the corvette videos. Lets remember its never easy to make those videos and one of our corvette breathern took the time to do such fine work.

we are all in this journey together....for fun

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
              I appreciate and enjoy the corvette videos. Lets remember its never easy to make those videos and one of our corvette breathern took the time to do such fine work.

we are all in this journey together....for fun
              Thank you. I appreciate the kind words. I really didn't intend for this to turn into anything heated, I just wanted to share my take on all of this information with you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post

Delay is normal when an automotive manfacturer undertakes to create a new and different product. Ferrari has delayed the introduction of the planned Ferrari SUV from 2020 until 2922 two years. The purpose of the Ferrari delay is to get it right. See below.

Absolutely agree! There's only one way to design a lightweight strong frame and that's trial and error. No way to know for sure what will work and keep the weight down until you design it and test it. I'm just glad they are testing and pushing it to its limits BEFORE launch!

Comment

GM often (and not uniquely) uses a development concept known as testing to destruction, sometimes instead called destructive testing.

Originally posted by tutorialspoint
                  Destructive testing is a testing technique in which the application is made to fail in an uncontrolled manner to test the robustness of the application and also to find the point of failure. Destructive testing is performed under the most severe operating conditions and it is continued until the application breaks.
                  \
                  https://www.tutorialspoint.com/softw...ve_testing.htm
                  Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    GM often (and not uniquely) uses a development concept known as testing to destruction, sometimes instead called destructive testing.

\
                    https://www.tutorialspoint.com/softw...ve_testing.htm
                    I could definitely see this being the case. They may want to know where the point of failure is and what situation it couldhappen in.

Comment

[QUOTE=HorsePowerObsessed;n29247]What do you think about the power of this car causing the frame to twist and fracture the rear glass? Crazy, isn't it?! This thing is going to be a BEAST!

1. The video has no value. Panders o the worse instincts. What people "think about the power of this car causing the frame to twist and fracture the rear glass" is not informational. It is a contrived frame.
                      2. The video mis-frames a neutral item of information as a design failure and defect. Then invites the listener to comment on the distorted information and question.
                      3. The fact that " power twisted a frame", if that did happen, is raw and neutral. The raw fact is not fairly presented nor examined. Conjecture is invited.
                      b. We do not know the test circumstance, nor the test procedure, nor time, nor place, nor test purpose, nor amount of HP actually used, Nor amount of boost. Did they purposefully increase the power to the point of failure. Was the glass a casual factor? Vibration frequencies a factor? What was the casualty, singular and linear or multiple and complex factors. Did the event happen in ordinary use. Was the test procedure a real world simulation, a real world event or exaggeration of probability?
                      4. If one provide reliable, useful and fair information, then informed people will click and follow. Provide bad information and negative content, then what?

Why create unnecessary suspicion, fear-uncertainty-and-doubt about the C8 program and progress. Exploitation of raw information and rumor , more than anything else, explains why the manufacturers are silent about future products.
                      Last edited by SheepDog; 03-15-2019, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I think we're done here.
                        1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                        2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X