MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

We are extremely pleased to welcome Kerbeck Corvette as a “Featured Forum Vendor.”

Kerbeck Corvettes has been the # 1 Corvette sales dealership since 1994. We are fortunate and excited that they have joined our MECF family.
2 of 4 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
3 of 4 < >

Scheduled Software Maintenance: Tuesday, 8:00 PM

We have scheduled software maintenance and upgrades Tuesday (19th) @ 8:00 PM. While vBulletin always say not more than an hour, they have averaged 10 minutes in length. Thank you — as we continually are committed to having the best forum software available.
4 of 4 < >

Welcome Corvette Dream Giveway As Our Forum Founding Vendor!

We welcome an outstanding organization as a MECF vendor, one who has an amazing and such a.well deserved reputation for giving away staggering amounts of funds to very worthy organizations who help others.

https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/dg/corvette?promo=ME2019C
See more
See less

The REAL reason(s) the C8 mid engine CORVETTE hasn't been released yet!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The REAL reason(s) the C8 mid engine CORVETTE hasn't been released yet!

What do you think about the power of this car causing the frame to twist and fracture the rear glass? Crazy, isn't it?! This thing is going to be a BEAST!

Check out my YouTube Channel:
    www.youtube.com/c/horsepowerobsessed

How do those three issues translate into time?

Comment

I think these rumors are getting nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxster View Post
        How do those three issues translate into time?
        Past issues, IMO, identified long ago; I believe all three are already in the rear view mirror, e.g., were identified during the testing and devlopment process and now resolved.

Why I think that, is that can you imagine GM President Mark Reuss, Chief Corvette Engineer Tadge Juechter, Product and Marketing Manager Harlan Charles, and Chief Performance Engineer Alex MacDonald, going on at least a 1,000 mile, six C8 Caravan testing with their knowing that if even one of them broke down, with cell phone cameras that we all possess in hand ready to pounce if even one of those C8’s had broken down on the trip?

That C8 caravan trip would never had happened had Mark or Tadge had any concerns about the C8’s reliability on the trip.
        Last edited by John; 03-13-2019, 08:08 PM.
        So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Past issues, IMO, identified long ago; I believe all three are already in the rear view mirror, e.g., were identified during the testing and devlopment process and now resolved.
          That is what I believe as well. Odds are good it's been diagnosed and if not already fixed, well on its way to being fixed. Definitely interesting stuff though. A car that makes that much power is just crazy.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	remove window.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	29269

Comment

Some of these rumors are just click bait for subscriptions , don’t pay much attention to them IMO . GM has some of the finest engineering in the world. Silicon Valley alumni’s
              Last edited by MikeC8; 03-14-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
                Some of these rumors are just click bait for subscriptions , don’t pay much attention to them IMO . GM has some of the finest engineering in the world. Silicon Valley alumi .

100% agree. Video is completely based on rumors, nothing is verified REAL - notice the CAPS to get your attention to click.

Comment

And now, I’m reading on the Palm Springs Corvette Club “News Letter”, that someone has “leaked” a “light front end” problem. Rumor? BS? Don Sherman’s interview didn’t mention a light front end issue. Seems with all the experience and other manufacturers examples that GM engineering has/had, no such issue should manifest now. Just sayin’.?

Comment

I highly doubt any of this is "rumor" odds are very good with how many people are reporting it and who is reporting it that it WAS an issue at some point. As stated above I'm sure it has since been fixed or well on it's way to being fixed by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreverfuelie View Post
                      And now, I’m reading on the Palm Springs Corvette Club “News Letter”, that someone has “leaked” a “light front end” problem. Rumor? BS? Don Sherman’s interview didn’t mention a light front end issue. Seems with all the experience and other manufacturers examples that GM engineering has/had, no such issue should manifest now. Just sayin’.?
                      I haven't heard anything about that, either. The Don Sherman interview was very enlightening and definitely brought a lot of things to our attention, this wasn't one of them. GM has always been good about making the cars weight very 50/50 and SHOULD be even easier with the ME layout.

Comment

Originally posted by HorsePowerObsessed View Post
                        I highly doubt any of this is "rumor" odds are very good with how many people are reporting it and who is reporting it that it WAS an issue at some point. As stated above I'm sure it has since been fixed or well on it's way to being fixed by now.
                        The point is, your video is misleading. You even wrote rear glass, then made an arrow graphic pointing to the windshield - why?

Comment

Originally posted by C8-wannabe View Post

The point is, your video is misleading. You even wrote rear glass, then made an arrow graphic pointing to the windshield - why?
                          Do you have any pictures of the rear glass? Right. Me neither. The video is not misleading, it's all info pulled from this site, and other reputable sites as well.
                          Last edited by HorsePowerObsessed; 03-14-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HorsePowerObsessed View Post

Do you have any pictures of the rear glass? Right. Me neither. The video is not misleading, it's all info pulled from this site, and other reputable sites as well.
                            Good grief.

Comment

Let’s move on. As always, each of us gets to choose which threads and which posts we choose to read. Thank you.
                              Last edited by John; 03-14-2019, 12:27 PM.
                              So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X