Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who says C8's aren't practical (photo)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210722_192713.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	292241
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

OK, I'm going to assume the BBQ is in the frunk!!
    2021 HTC - Z51 - 3LT - FE4 (MagRide) - E60 (Front Lift) - EFY (Body Colored Accents) - HRE FF11 wheels - CF 5VM w/CF Diffuser

Comment

Bob, not sure I would want to carry to LP tanks in the C8 trunk for any extended period of time or when the engine is already hot.
      Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
      Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
      Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
      blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Bob, not sure I would want to carry to LP tanks in the C8 trunk for any extended period of time or when the engine is already hot.
        Those are empty, and once I swap them for full ones will be coming straight home - no more than 15 minutes. I don't think it'll be any worse than them sitting out in the sun on a hot summer day.
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Empty propane tanks are never really "empty". The center fuel tank on the TWA Flight 800 that blew up was largely empty of liquid fuel, but full of fumes.

Comment

For heaven's sake, the propane tanks are designed for all kinds of conditions. What prevents the gas tank in your car from spontaneously exploding? There you go.

Comment

I could get 8 foot 2 X 4 s in my C7, not in the C8..

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Those are empty, and once I swap them for full ones will be coming straight home - no more than 15 minutes. I don't think it'll be any worse than them sitting out in the sun on a hot summer day.
                Just don't get rear-ended by a dump truck that has defective brakes, while those (empty or full) are in the trunk. LOL.

(Actually: no laughing matter...)

Comment

Looks familiar Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-product-showcase-nitrous-express-c8-corvette-plate-system-2020-12-10_14-19-01_334774-1440x1020.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	292333

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    Right because my grill, sitting in the Texas sun, running full out, its not getting hot under there at all

Comment

FWIW, when I got home the outside of the tanks were barely warm to the touch. The tanks are designed with a significant safety margin in terms of pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
                        You still could, they'd just have to add up to 8 foot in smaller sections.
                        2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
                          Sure you can - you just saw them puppies in half and they fit right in !! If you are picky about the length, just buy a couple mending plates and splice them halves back together when you get home. That's how they build bridges !!!

Comment

Or just carry them vertically, with the top down or targa off.....

Comment

That's a great idea. Now I can sell the trucks and buy all my supers and foremen C8s.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X