1st 2022 Allocations Given To Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [email protected] Chevrolet View Post

They have that incorrect. Per GM, the allocations given this week are for production period THROUGH the week of Sep 27th.
    Ron, thank you for that clarification, as in my situation here in the Pacific Northwest, my local small dealer this morning was Very disappointed to see this initial consensus showed him Zero Corvettes (he usually gets 1 per month, all pre-sold orders). So, based on your saying this initial consensus is only good for units built "through Sept 27th" could very well mean I am still okay being as I an in the #2 position with them for a 2022?

Whew, this morning has been nail biting!!!

-Garry

Comment

That is a very distinct possibility, as we have seen so few in the wild captures so far and they need to put in mega tens of thousands of street miles on them as part of their standard testing program standards.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Yes to GarryL’s question as we might see very large August allocations next. BTW, the allocations are usually announced a week earlier each month than this month, so if that historical pattern were to return, dealers would be getting their next batch of allocation numbers on August 12th (three weeks from today).
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Not sure when production will start for 2022 but atleast one person is reporting their TPW for 2021 was just changed to 9/13 from Shane at NCM.

Originally posted by [email protected] Chevrolet View Post

Here is a small portion of the info from GM to help clear it up:

Click image for larger version

Name:	production 7-22.PNG
Views:	592
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	291818

Comment

Does this mean all dealers got their allocations today for the month of july.

Comment

Originally posted by 2bseen View Post
              Does this mean all dealers got their allocations today for the month of july.
              mine didn't

Comment

Either your did not because their Zone Manager has yet to communicate with them their July allocations or if a small dealer they were passed over this month. While there were notable exceptions we learned as the day progressed that most dealers got only a small amount compared to what they were expecting.

That could well change in three weeks (Thursday, August 12) when we expect the next batch to be announced, and announced at the regular, much larger amount. Of course until something actually happens or GM informs dealers in advance in writing what they are going to do at some later point, things could change.

Lastly, as happens every new model and year, sometimes people in the second allocation will get their cars before those who were granted first batch (today) allocations). Similarly third batch allocation customers can get their cars before second batch customers.

Comment

Had my fingers crossed that my dealer would get at least 1 July allocation (#1 in line at dealer), but alas, no such luck. Here’s hoping they’ll get one in August! :-) Had a great conversation with the owner today though.... He explained they did not receive the allocations they were hoping for other models too. Indicative of just how challenging it is for dealers with the current manufacturing environment. Glad GM continues Corvette as a priority. August 12th can’t come soon enough... just need 1 allocation!
                  On order... 2022 2LT Coupe Rapid Blue, Natural interior, FE2, Q8T, 3A9, TVS, E60, NPP, VQK. (1/28/21 - Original order as ‘21; 7/2/21 - Reordered as ‘22)

Comment

GreatDane21 = # 1. We will be singing that refrain until you post back that you have success!

Comment

In another Corvette Forum I belong to, a number of guy (5 or 6)have posted the Ciocca has called or emailed them last week to get their 2022 orders firmed up. We compared waitlist numbers and it seems like over 200 people got calls. I think Ciocca is in the mid 21XXs. They stopped 2021 at 1900.

Comment

My dealer Van Bortal on there web site says they can order you a new 2023,could it be there figuring there sold-out of 2022's? or maybe a mistake?

Comment

Of course anyone can say whatever they want on their site and if they are meaning “call us and we will put you on our internal 2023 priority list,” yet they sure could mean that they are already sold out of 2022’s. [I know of three Oregon dealers similarly sold out at least through the end of 2022 with one saying it could be 18 months before they could fill a new order.]

If however Van Bortel is thinking that they can literally order a 2023 on the GM WorkBench system, it will literally not work, not even as a status 1100 order — for the system will not accept any 2023 orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty2ss View Post
                            My dealer Van Bortal on there web site says they can order you a new 2023,could it be there figuring there sold-out of 2022's? or maybe a mistake?
                            NFW, Ciocca has only 1000 on their 2022 wait list they will sell over 2,000. I'm on a number of wait list all saying next winter. I did talk to one or two dealers who said "THEIR" 2022 allocations were all sold. One even said from his 2020 orders, I think in the beginning he was taking $5,000 nonrefundable deposits, a couple of my local dealerships did that.

My production is the feeding frenzy will be over by the mid point of the 2022 productions. Also thousands will be on the secondary market, non sports car people who found out they don't like sports cars, with wives who just hate the car, and Z51 guys from north who's summer tires are falling apart after a cold winter in the garage

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              The top dealers I referred to above we Ciocca, MacMulkin and Criswell. All got less than they expected. Sorry about that, but as we have over and over learned with GM, that sometimes the order in which an allocation is granted and received is different from the order in which vehicles are produced.
                              Using Ciocca's posted on order list only 53 cars don't have TPW, and 140 are TPW 8/2, So their 2021 orders should be complete by mid Aug.

Comment

Originally posted by cor66vette View Post

Which are the "some top dealers"?
                                Just Google top 100 Corvette sales 2022

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X