HTC Z06 Availability Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTC Z06 Availability Predictions

When do you think the HTC version of the Z06 will be made available and why? I feel like it will be later availability compared to the coupe, but still in the 2023 model year. Mostly I feel like from a marketing perspective they will delay it. Let the hype build with the coupe and then create more hype for HTC later in the model year. Might there also be other technical considerations due to the FPC engine that might cause a delay in the release compared to the coupe?
    HTC Z06 released in parallel with coupe during 2023 MY
    51.28%
    HTC Z06 3 months after coupe in 2023 MY
    25.64%
    HTC Z06 6+ months after coupe in 2023 MY
    15.38%
    HTC Z06 in 2024 MY
    5.13%
    HTC Z06 even later than 2024 MY
    2.56%
    Put deposit down for 2020 C8 in July 2019, gave up my allocation to wait for the Z06, plan on getting Hypersonic Gray HTC

I voted in parallel with the Coupe but I don't know if start of 2023 is correct. Might it be a mid-year release?
    2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

JMAN311, I did not yet vote, but if you would like I might be able to add in a fifth category at this time to your poll, and that would say, starting down the line about three months after the Z06 coupes for that is my best guess as to what will happen and how I would have voted.

They have several times before introduced the convertible at a separate reveal and a separate start down the assembly line date. Most recently there was 7.18.19 for the C8 Stingray and a separate 10.2.18 reveal for the C8 HTC — and as we know the HTC’s did not start down the line for several months after the coupes. I am thinking, repeat for this pattern.

As to your second question as to whether there could be technical issues re the HTC, I think the answer is yes. Reason: a DOHC is typically a taller motor and there is no “headroom” above the LT2’s motor for the taller DOHC. But the GM engineers are the best at solving such problems and long before they even started hand building the first C8 at the Michigan lab, they knew and planned for all these things.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii1775 View Post
        I voted in parallel with the Coupe but I don't know if start of 2023 is correct. Might it be a mid-year release?
        Your thought is that the Z06 will be later in the 2023 MY as compared to the base model? That could be very likely as well.
        Put deposit down for 2020 C8 in July 2019, gave up my allocation to wait for the Z06, plan on getting Hypersonic Gray HTC

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          JMAN311, I did not yet vote, but if you would like I might be able to add in a fifth category at this time to your poll, and that would say, starting down the line about three months after the Z06 coupes for that is my best guess as to what will happen and how I would have voted.

They have several times before introduced the convertible at a separate reveal and a separate start down the assembly line date. Most recently there was 7.18.19 for the C8 Stingray and a separate 10.2.18 reveal for the C8 HTC — and as we know the HTC’s did not start down the line for several months after the coupes. I am thinking, repeat for this pattern.
          Thanks for the feedback, I've updated the poll

Comment

In general, I think it's very likely that ANY Z06 model might get flagged as *late availability for the 2023 MY. We'll find out later this year, can't wait.

Comment

Thank you for including that additional category. As I consequence, I just voted for three months after the Z06 coupe. One thing we do know from the past GM practice is that IF they do not reveal the HTC at the Z06’s fall reveal, they will neither mention it nor will they announce a date for the Z06’s HTC reveal. And if no HTC reveal at the same time as the coupe, they would again if asked this fall respond with their phrase (the want to keep their jobs), “we do not comment about potential future product.”

So that would mean that if you wanted a HTC Z06 and since none of us would under these circumstances know when exactly the HTC would start down the line, the key question becomes, “are you willing to compromise on the Z06 HTC and wait an unknown amount of time,” or if you have an early allocation would you not be willing to be in that unknown-wait-time circumstances and decide to get a Z06 coupe.

As I expect a really early Z06 production slot having been on Mike Furman’s list for around 3 years and 3 months (perhaps longer), I right now am not sure which of those two choices I would then make.

If however I were a way down on a dealer’s allocation list, I might be tempted to wait that unknown amount of time until the HTC arrives. Ah decisions, decisions…
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

That's an easy one for me. I've already waited 2 yrs and gave up my spot for a base model coupe, so I can wait 2+ more to get the version I really want. The harder question for me would be if they delay the HTC Z06 to a point where a C8 ZR1 is announced that might temp me to wait for a ZR1 coupe....I'd really like turbos from the factory w/ warranty at this elevation (5800'+), but then the cycle never ends because then the Zora might be another year after that and I will have waited 5+yrs and not been able to enjoy any C8 at that point.

Hind sight, I should have keep my coupe allocation and been enjoying the car this whole time and traded it in on a HTC Z06 in a few years, but I had no idea used prices would do what they have. I figured if I kept a late 2020 or early 2021 car by the time I traded it in on a Z06 I'd be down $25K from what I paid for it.

Once I purchase a C8 it's going to be mine for a long time, so I want to get the best bang for the buck....which has historically always been the Z06. Which leads me back to my thought that a HTC Z06 could be everything I'd want in a sports car.

Comment

I assured hope a HTC Z06 is available right at the beginning with the coupe for that is what we would get.

Comment

Staggered releases? Please, not again! People who were on line earliest and waited longest will be penalized to wait even longer to get their HTC, 1st choice. Just ain't equitable.

Do they want to build and sell fewer HTC over the model run or will delay swell demand and ultimately sell more.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
                      Staggered releases? Please, not again! People who were on line earliest and waited longest will be penalized to wait even longer to get their HTC, 1st choice. Just ain't equitable.

Do they want to build and sell fewer HTC over the model run or will delay swell demand and ultimately sell more.
                      Maybe they should release the HTC first! That would suit many of us just fine👍😎
                      Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

I can not think of a reason that makes sense why the coupe and convertible would not come out at the same time.

Comment

Has there been confirmation of a HTC being produced on the Z06 platform? I have searched but not finding anything definitive, If anyone has a link that would be awesome.

Personally I am not sure they will offer a HTC ( I could be wrong, but don't tell my spouse). The C6Z was a hardtop only up until the 427 Vert. The C7 came out as both as did the C7 ZR1 so yes it can be done (it's only money, they will print more).

As John stated, the engine height of a FPC does not leave enough room for all the extra stuff to fit in the engine compartment. GM engineers can figure it out, I am sure, but would that mean two separate chassis to build on to do it or would they design it for either one. Cost would dictate one chassis be built for both.

I hope they do offer one as I would wait for that to come out before buying the Coupe.

Just my .02 adjusted for inflation

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
                            I can not think of a reason that makes sense why the coupe and convertible would not come out at the same time.
                            Agree…. I understand the delay with the base because it was a whole new body/platform. But by the time the Z06 comes out GM would have built numerous HTC base models

Comment

As long as the roof fits on top of the dohc engine Id imagine the HTC is offered at launch, big money maker. That should be the big seller,

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X