Do we have these features?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have these features?

Clearly, I don't drive at night or in the rain much if at all in the C8.

Do we have auto brights?
    Do we have auto wipers? rain sensors

It didn't seem so when I tried to mess with it. I thought I would confirm...wife has the car today, so I can't go check.
    2021 3LT Convertible Rapid Blue C8 follow us for mods, reviews, and interaction. Everything and more.

IG: Malibu.C8
    YouTube:One Hot C8

No to both.
    1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
    2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Auto bright would be a nice feature. Have them on my Lexus.

Comment

"auto bright" = automatic high beams?
        2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

I am be the odd person out, but on every vehicle of ours (several DD’s we have had and the one we do now), I leave the auto wipers on hoping this manufacturer has figured out how to time them right, but invariable after a few days of them being on when I do want and not on when I want them, I turn off that feature. Living in Oregon, the land of winter rain, these systems get a lot of testing actually about 8 months a year here — but again in our current DD I have turned that function off.

And again many may (again) think I an nuts.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Loved BMW auto wipers. Wish the C8 had them. Helps a lot when severity of rain varies frequently.

Comment

I like the ones on our Cadillac XT4 but you can't just leave them on. If you do they'll occasionally come on when there's no rain. When it does rain I just click the wipers up one click and they work great from there.
              On Order: 2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4

Comment

I can’t stand either of those features as well. I turn them off too. Auto bright fails on hills and can’t work fast enough not to blind the person climbing up the opposite side. Same with curves.
                Auto wipers are worse than a spastic colon. I have had them on high cars to work trucks, and they all work differently and inconsistently. One min nothing the next second they’re on full blast and it’s only misting.

Comment

You let your wife drive it...Without you in it? Oh my......

Comment

Originally posted by jmickfly View Post
                    You let your wife drive it...Without you in it? Oh my......
                    It's her car 😏 I'm just the eye candy 🤣

She ordered it, picked the color, interior, wheels...all the cosmetic stuff. I added the driving options we would need.
                    2021 3LT Convertible Rapid Blue C8 follow us for mods, reviews, and interaction. Everything and more.

IG: Malibu.C8
                    YouTube:One Hot C8

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      I am be the odd person out, but on every vehicle of ours (several DD’s we have had and the one we do now), I leave the auto wipers on hoping this manufacturer has figured out how to time them right, but invariable after a few days of them being on when I do want and not on when I want them, I turn off that feature. Living in Oregon, the land of winter rain, these systems get a lot of testing actually about 8 months a year here — but again in our current DD I have turned that function off.

And again many may (again) think I an nuts.
                      I purchased a 2019 Audi A4 the day after my retirement. Never had Auto Wipers, pleasantly surprised the very first time they decided to turn on.
                      I am totally amaze of how accurate it is, light mist to Florida Downpour.
                      I will miss the feature, but expect the C8 to satisfy in so many other ways.

Mike Scibetta
                      Future Owner/Operator 2022 C8

Comment

Sounds like Audi has it figured out.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I agree there are many, many features we’ll appreciate well beyond these two features. It is odd though that my ‘21 Chevy Equinox (Company Car) came with auto high-beams as standard equipment, yet the C8 does not.
                          On order... 2022 2LT Coupe Rapid Blue, Natural interior, FE2, Q8T, 3A9, TVS, E60, NPP, VQK. (1/28/21 - Original order as ‘21; 7/2/21 - Reordered as ‘22)

Comment

Originally posted by GreatDane21 View Post
                            I agree there are many, many features we’ll appreciate well beyond these two features. It is odd though that my ‘21 Chevy Equinox (Company Car) came with auto high-beams as standard equipment, yet the C8 does not.
                            Yet, the Equinox doesn't have a 500HP aluminum V8, aluminum and carbon fiber chassis, aluminum double a-arm suspension with coil-overs, etc., etc. Every feature added costs money. IMHO, GM spent the money in the right places for the C8.
                            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

When driven in the rain (assuming people actually do that) where does the water go in the rear lid vent openings (coupe)? Never have seen one with it open but wondered if there was some type of gutter under the openings.
                              Save the wave.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X