Collapse

More Z06 News Thanks To MuscleCars&Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions please for with the C8.R having a FPC motor, do we know what is its max RPM? Second, have we ever seen a picture of the top of its motor? Thank you.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Two questions please for with the C8.R having a FPC motor, do we know what is its max RPM? Second, have we ever seen a picture of the top of its motor? Thank you.
      This is the only one I've found so far. If I was going to get a Z06, it would have to be a coupe as it would be a shame to cover that beauty up;-). https://www.motortrend.com/features/...d-85c1574301eb

Comment

Only stuff I've found on the C8.R redline is that it makes peak at 7400rpm, but it sounds like there are restrictions in place to keep it lower rpm than it's capable of.
        Put deposit down for 2020 C8 in July 2019, gave up my allocation to wait for the Z06, plan on getting Hypersonic Gray HTC

Comment

Originally posted by MGfoursixeight View Post

This is the only one I've found so far. If I was going to get a Z06, it would have to be a coupe as it would be a shame to cover that beauty up;-). https://www.motortrend.com/features/...d-85c1574301eb
          Here are the photos from Motortrend and a few others
          Click image for larger version  Name:	000-2020-C8R-Corvette-5.jpg?fit=around%7C1000:625.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.7 KB ID:	291566
          Click image for larger version  Name:	016-2020-Rolex-24-hours-Daytona-C8R-Corvette-Engine-bay-Image-spy-shot.jpg?fit=around%7C1000:625.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.7 KB ID:	291561 Click image for larger version  Name:	013-2020-Rolex-24-hours-Daytona-C8R-Corvette-Engine-bay-Image-spy-shot.jpg?fit=around%7C1000:625.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.6 KB ID:	291562 Click image for larger version  Name:	014-2020-Rolex-24-hours-Daytona-C8R-Corvette-Engine-bay-Image-spy-shot.jpg?fit=around%7C1000:625.jpg Views:	0 Size:	187.0 KB ID:	291563 Click image for larger version  Name:	42c3f6da_6c1d_4dad_9df5_07226845dbad_02e984aaeb1e3f0752fed840c43c47c927d18165.jpg Views:	8 Size:	442.3 KB ID:	291565
          Click image for larger version  Name:	pxl_20210123_165755909_55fc4f07bcdbf5cbbb12f6c84cad068e18fdda6d.jpg Views:	1 Size:	347.1 KB ID:	291568 Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot_20210124_091216_6cf698511d214c14086b17134f219b0439ce0af6.png Views:	1 Size:	645.2 KB ID:	291569 Click image for larger version  Name:	pxl_20210123_165623404_d58c124f2b2c83513e8bad88eb743b91bf4a0491.jpg Views:	1 Size:	395.5 KB ID:	291570
          Last edited by JMAN311; 07-21-2021, 09:32 PM.
          Put deposit down for 2020 C8 in July 2019, gave up my allocation to wait for the Z06, plan on getting Hypersonic Gray HTC

Comment

I would love to see the air intake mounted on top of the back like that.
            On Order: 2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4

Comment

Thank you both very much. I wondered too, now that you provided the 7,400 RPM deadline, whether that was pinched due to the IMSA balance of performance leveling measurements. Thanks also for the pictures for you guessed that I am trying to imagine as to how the top of the Z06’s motor might look like.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

It would be cool if they made a similar intake for the coupe, I'm not sure it would be possible to have it on the HTC though.

Comment

That is my query too. Or might, and we have seen this before on other brands, the C8 Z06 coupe puts out 622 HP (hypothetical number) with its great, tall, veryraised intake system, but the C8 Z06 HTC because it does not have amount of height needed for this tall intake system below its internal heat shield (to protect its top), puts out 605 HP (another hypothetical number).

So many question, and close to zero answers at this point. If anyone missed my earlier post on another thread, we could well not find out anything about a C8 HTC, Z06 at this fall’s reveal — for GM if a C8 Z06 HTC is not revealed there, Corvette team staff would have one stock answer to the question “what about the HTC version” to which they would answer, “we do not discuss potential future product.”

We do live in very interesting times.

Comment

That is my query too. Or might, and we have seen this before on other brands, the C8 Z06 coupe puts out 622 HP (hypothetical number) with its great, tall, veryraised intake system, but the C8 Z06 HTC because it does not have amount of height needed for this tall intake system below its internal heat shield (to protect its top), puts out 605 HP (another hypothetical number).

So many question, and close to zero answers at this point. If anyone missed my earlier post on another thread, we could well not find out anything about a C8 HTC, Z06 at this fall’s reveal — for GM if a C8 Z06 HTC is not revealed there, Corvette team staff would have one stock answer to the question “what about the HTC version” to which they would, as they always answer, “we do not discuss potential future product.”

We do live in very interesting times.
                    John, I would have no issues with a Z06 Coupe. I'd be happy to take anyone's Z06 allocation that comes up if they want to wait on the HTC!
                    On Order: 2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4

Comment

Originally posted by MGfoursixeight View Post

It would be great if GM displays a mechanical functioning engine instead of a plastic cover. It might entice some of us HTC folks but probably won't due to some of the detractors.

Comment

I would hope that the redline is higher than 7.4k, kind of a waste of a FPC if the car isn't making HP up to 8.5 - 9k (Such as the 458, the Z06 benchmark). I personally hope that the Z06 utilizes ITBs or at least long individual runners, taking advantage of the volume over the cylinder heads. All that to say, I hope they don't compromise the coupe in order to make a HTC or to keep the intake the same between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Tree View Post
                          I would hope that the redline is higher than 7.4k, kind of a waste of a FPC if the car isn't making HP up to 8.5 - 9k (Such as the 458, the Z06 benchmark). I personally hope that the Z06 utilizes ITBs or at least long individual runners, taking advantage of the volume over the cylinder heads. All that to say, I hope they don't compromise the coupe in order to make a HTC or to keep the intake the same between the two.
                          If you want it to rev to 9k, you wouldn't want long intake runners I would assume? Unless a FPC is different than a standard configuration, short intake runners are where the RPM is.

Comment

Here's another possible scenario. If there is a potential difference in power due to packaging limitations on the HTC, the Z06 coupe and HTC get the same, lower power. The Z07 model would be coupe only and is more hardcore than in the past. It gets the enhanced power and extra weight loss due to less focus on NVH (e.g., thinner rear glass, less sound insulation) and standard lighter brakes and wheels. It would standout as the best track weapon.
                            2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Thank you Ragtopp99 for that is a very possible scenario especially if we are correct that as most of us believe that there is more “head room” in the coupe’s engine compartment. Along your thinking, as the coupe always has its rear camera mirror up and functioning, they could most give up on rear visibility the traditional way and put in as tall an efficient intake as they want on the coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Tree View Post
                                The sounds we heard from the GM Z006 reveal video to me are way above 7,400 RPM. Also IMSA BoA limitation requirement imo.

I was asked on the phone by a good friend last night (who is getting a Z06) what did I think it of its RPM max. I responded I did not think it was going to be 9,000 but in the ballpark of 8,250 RPM is my currently thinking — at least what my brain in interpreting from what my ears are hearing when comparing it to other high revving exotics.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X