More Z06 News Thanks To MuscleCars&Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Z06 News Thanks To MuscleCars&Trucks

Once again MC&T paves the way. We remember that they pioneered lot of previous C8 information, from the official C8 emblem to the C8 driver’s IP start-up animationdisplay and much more.

Here’s more, Z06-spoecific info thanks to this great web site. If you are not yet subscribed, I recommend you do so.

Click image for larger version

Name:	571784C0-E0C0-46B1-9689-BFE6AD0FBD5D.jpeg
Views:	3886
Size:	410.0 KB
ID:	290688

Originally posted by MuscleCarandTrucks
    2023 Corvette Z06: Details And Expectations

The 2023 Corvette Z06 completely rethinks everything previously seen from the nameplate. It’s the first midship Z06, and it’s the first flat-plane crank V8 Z06. While details haven’t been made official yet, the C8 Corvette Z06 will be exclusively rear-wheel-drive, and will send all of the power from its LT6 V8 to those rear wheels via a Tremec dual-clutch 8-speed transmission as we currently see in the Stingray.

MC&T can also confirm that the 2023 Corvette Z06 will utilize Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R tires; the same make utilized on the $400,000 Porsche 911 GT2 RS that has been seen trailing Z06 prototypes in benchmark testing. The C8 Corvette Z06 is also expected to feature a unique exhaust system, routing gasses to a center exit. We’re told that the positioning is intended to amplify the high-revving pitch of the LT6 engine.

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/...but-this-fall/

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

If every Z06 comes with Pilot Cup 2 R tires, to me this would be a negative. But if they meant that the track-most versions would come with it but there are not even Cup 2 (non-R’s) available for the “entry” Z06, that would be a positive in my book.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I agree John, that there should be a check box for street or track tires no matter which version you order.
      Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Pilot Cup 2R ain’t cheap and are ate up fast. I ran them on my Z06 set up for the track and I went through them like a hot knife through butter.

Comment

I am pretty confident we will have 3 or possibly four levels of insanity to chose from with the c8 z8 regarding tires, brakes, aero etc.

just pick the setup that suits your mission.

this is going to be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            If every Z06 comes with Pilot Cup 2 R tires, to me this would be a negative. But if they meant that the track-most versions would come with it but there are not even Cup 2 (non-R’s) available for the “entry” Z06, that would be a positive in my book.
            Muscle Cars and Trucks are the same website that “ confirmed “ that the 2020 Stingray would come with 520HP , so I’d take anything they say with a grain of salt

Comment

Originally posted by BangBang View Post
              Pilot Cup 2R ain’t cheap and are ate up fast. I ran them on my Z06 set up for the track and I went through them like a hot knife through butter.
              As you know well, they are a really good track tire; horrible for street street especially when wet and cool pavement. Thanks for your 1st hand knowledge!

Comment

Man, I really hope the center exhaust is NOT a part of the Z07 package or the only option for the car. I think the outside exhaust gives the wide body look a more menacing appearance from the rear. IMO

Comment

foreignbishop, that is a good point I had not thought about. But it could reduce weight by having shorter pipes — which we all would agree is a very good thing.

Comment

I love the idea of the center exhaust. I never was really in love with the c8 outside quad tips. As for tires. I doubt the non z07 cars will come with the r compounds. Maybe regular cup2’s like the c7 z. That might be the base line tire this time. No more pilot speed 4s/super sport? Regular cup2’s burn up pretty fast too but nowhere near how the r’s do. I think the r’s are done after a few hop laps no?

Comment

One of the reasons I avoided buying a Vette for years as well as other models of Porsches is the center exhaust....I like my tail pipes split

Comment

They got it wrong about the Z06 having center exhaust, as has been mentioned before. In the picture above, the car behind the Ferrari 458 is a twin turbo model (ZR1? Zora?) with center exhaust. 2 of the 4 pipes are said to be for the turbo waste gates. The car closest to us with exhaust in the corners is the Z06. At first glance the pipes resemble a Stingray’s but they are different. They are larger and flattened across the top for clearance. And the inner diameter of the pipes is larger as well.

Last edited by ZL-1; 07-20-2021, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Good eyes ZL-1. Fun to learn more here daily. I am also going to guess for clear visual differentiation that if what we are seeing is the final Z06 version, that while all Stingray exhaust tips will continue to be shiny, every Z06 tip would be dark.

Comment

Originally posted by majic1980 View Post

Muscle Cars and Trucks are the same website that “ confirmed “ that the 2020 Stingray would come with 520HP , so I’d take anything they say with a grain of salt
                            Pretty much any "news" about the Z06 at this point should be taken with a grain of salt, regardless of the source. GM is pretty good at keeping secrets.
                            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by ZL-1 View Post
                              They got it wrong about the Z06 having center exhaust, as has been mentioned before. In the picture above the car behind the Ferrari 458 is a twin turbo model (ZR1? Zora?) with center exhaust. 2 of the 4 pipes are for the turbo waste gates. The car closest to us with exhaust in the corners is the Z06. At first glance the pipes resemble a Stingray’s but they are different. They are larger and flattened across the top for clearance. And the inner diameter of the pipes is larger as well.
                              I'd be really surprised to see separate wastegate exhaust pipes in production. That would mean a second set of cats for the wastegates. I don't think any of the exotics with turbos do it that way. I suspect the different pipe diameters have to do either with quieting the car when the NPP valves are closed and the exhaust is running through the smaller pipes, or else related to exhaust tuning, for either performance and sound, or both.
                              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X