X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my hope
    • Motor Bella: Sept. 24-26
    But it will probably be later in Oct
    Put deposit down for 2020 C8 in July 2019, gave up my allocation to wait for the Z06, plan on getting Hypersonic Gray HTC

Comment

Re our Z06 reveal date results so far, since fall is three months, the first month has 25 votes, the middle month has 13 votes and the last month has 5 votes. Clearly the pattern so far reflects MECF’s collective prediction that the reveal will be between September 22nd and a month later.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The sooner the better!
        Put deposit down for 2020 C8 in July 2019, gave up my allocation to wait for the Z06, plan on getting Hypersonic Gray HTC

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          As ABorC noted two years after the C8’s Stingray reveal we got this Z06 reveal news. So as the HTC was revealed on October 2nd at the Kennedy Space Center, might there be a pattern and the C8 Z06 also be revealed at KSC on October 2nd?
          When they did the coupe reveal, did they state the HTC reveal was coming, or was it left ambiguous as to whether there would be that model? Just wondering if they only reveal the Z06 coupe, will we be left wondering if/when the HTC is coming? I'd be surprised if there were no Z06 HTC, but I still leave a small chance of that occurring, if putting the DOHC motor in there becomes too restricted.

No HTC packaging worries for an e-Ray though.
          2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Ambiguous, e..g, never discussing potential future product. They had a second notification announcement about the HTC’s 10/2 KSC reveal.

But of course GM has been for years and years working on the Z06 and they knew way back then that the Z06’s motor was going to be a DOHC and that they needed to include convertibles in the Z06 models due to customers wishes. We learned at the 10/2 reveal that the C8’s HTC was engineered first, then the coupe, so they have long figured this out via their planning for all Covette powertrains EIGHT years in advance. BTW, the same process of the convertible being designed first, then the coupe afterwards was also done for the C7.

I know this because of a fun evening in 2016 my wife and I had with friends who live in Bowling Green. He worked for GM powertrain for 42 years, including as a master engine builder, and also as a lead worker at BGA’s Powertrain Build Center, and more— retiring from GM two years ago. We went out for dinner (I was driving our SUV) and we went to a restaurant. Service was abysmal but it was prom night in the town so it was understandable. Even with reservations, we waited a 45 minutes before someone took our food order, but the drink orders were instantaneous. It was over 1 hour 15 before our food was served. My friend was enjoying his third beer and he spilled one thing (the only thing I ever learned from him about Corvette future product). He said, “I am working on the 2024 Corvette Powertrain right now for we have a rolling eight year planning system.”

Just like even though GM has not whispered a word, we know that they are already working on the C9’s all-electric propulsion system. BTW, did you catch about three years ago when GM renamed all of its entire corporate powertrain division, it becoming then the “propulsion division.”
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks, John.

I knew the HTC was engineered first, but if the e-ray has been in the mix since the beginning I could for foresee Chevy taking a slightly different route. (1) Make the Z06 a hardcore coupe only and dethrone Porsche. (2) Offer a roughly 600 HP AWD e-ray the next year to placate the HTC crowd (and others) wanting more power.

I'm more interested in the high revving FPC motor, but for a GT car driven mostly on the street, the e-ray will be pretty ideal. And I have an e-ray deposit in place just in case the Z06 doesn't pan out for me.

2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Comment

Very interesting idea. Too bad we have to wait a while before we learn the answer. IF the Z06’s reveal does not show the HTC (which I believe will be the case), and if the HTC is also a 2023, then it could have its own reveal three or so months the coupe’s. But if your idea turns out to be the case that the HTC is part of the E-Ray’s world only, we will have another L O N G waiting period after this fall’s Z06 coupe reveal without any definitive information.

Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  Very interesting idea. Too bad we have to wait a while before we learn the answer. IF the Z06’s reveal does not show the HTC (which I believe will be the case), and if the HTC is also a 2023, then it could have its own reveal three or so months the coupe’s. But if your idea turns out to be the case that the HTC is part of the E-Ray’s world only, we will have another L O N G waiting period after this fall’s Z06 coupe reveal without any definitive information.

Hmm.
                  I like the idea of the Z06 as a coupe & the E-Ray being the HTC. I doubt that GMC would ever entertain this business strategy , with potential lost sells.

Comment

Some thoughts to support this idea. That Z06 convertible sales were about 20% of its total; and having a high performance (at least 0-80 MPH) HTC hybrid would promote that category.

One thing GM knows, is that no matter whether the Z06 has a HTC version or not, at the earliest they are going to have a backlog of unmet Z06 orders into year three.

Comment

Originally posted by Reskilson View Post

I like the idea of the Z06 as a coupe & the E-Ray being the HTC. I doubt that GMC would ever entertain this business strategy , with potential lost sells.
                      I wasn't suggesting the e-ray be only HTC, but it would it would be available choice for those wanting a high performance HTC, whereas the coupe would be available in both models. I think this has a low probability of occurring, but it really goes to how serious Chevy is about beating Porsche on the track. If Chevy is tired of the "it's a great value but..." comments, they need to maximize the coupe's benefit in weight and ability to use a tall intake manifold and an alternative intake path.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X