Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Adding 2 Quarts of DCT Fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding 2 Quarts of DCT Fluid

Hi everyone!!

I finally picked up my C8 yesterday and it's beautiful! I have been reading numerous posts on people saying to add 2 quarts of DCT fluid to help avoid any transmission issues even if you don't plan to track the car. What are your opinions? I have an appointment tomorrow to take my vehicle down to the dealership to have the accessories added and wanted to know what your all's take was on if I should or should not add the extra 2 quarts.

Thanks!

Originally posted by TheRealVijay View Post
    Hi everyone!!

I finally picked up my C8 yesterday and it's beautiful! I have been reading numerous posts on people saying to add 2 quarts of DCT fluid to help avoid any transmission issues even if you don't plan to track the car. What are your opinions? I have an appointment tomorrow to take my vehicle down to the dealership to have the accessories added and wanted to know what your all's take was on if I should or should not add the extra 2 quarts.

Thanks!
    If you don't plan on tracking it, no. No reason to do so.
    2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

Hi everyone!!

Thanks!
      Congratulations, long time coming 👍
      1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
      2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT -
      Delivered 8/28/21 @ The National Corvette Museum
      Mag Ride & Front Lift Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels, GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Comment

Originally posted by Davii1775 View Post

If you don't plan on tracking it, no. No reason to do so.
        I've seen posts where people are claiming that the lack of not having the 2 quarts is causing people's transmissions to go out. I was just hoping that if I added it, I would avoid any issues. Are there any drawbacks from adding it?

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

Congratulations, long time coming 👍
          Thank you!

Comment

I've seen lots of people saying lots of things. I've not seen any evidence that the lack of the extra fluid has caused any problems.There are some 30,000 C8s on the road, the vast majority don't have the extra 2 quarts, and DCT failures seem to be few. But it certainly won't hurt anything, so if it makes you feel more comfortable the only cost is.... the cost.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I followed this topic for a while and several forum members reported back that adding the extra 2 quarts didn't cause any issues. They also said the difference in gas mileage was minimal, so I'm assuming is OK to add it even if not tracking. I thought about doing this at my first oil change or simply jacking the car up on one side and adding a quart. As I don't track, I wasn't going to add the full 2 quarts and if issues came due to a low DCT fluid condition, I'm thinking one extra quart would most likely prevent that. Just my opinion though....

Comment

Which DCT fluid do you buy??

Comment

As noted above we have seen lots of statements about this and that. I keep asking two questions in response to them all.

If ten people on a forum post they have the same problem, as there are 30,000 C8’s being driven around, is this something I think is really an issue. For as we all know for everyone who posts they have a problem, 99.9% who car is working beautiful do not take the time to state here nor elsewhere, “I do not have this problem.”

Second, whether one is saying that the E-Ray will have this or that, or one is posting that since they have a C8 windshield that needs replacing when it cracked from a single rock impact because they know that GM is buying cheaper/substandard windshields solely to maximize profit — to which I respond, “where is the evidence?”

Also as posted above, IF it makes you more comfortable to add fluid to your DCT, by all means please do that!

I was just aske din a PM my own opinion of this issue (not that I am ever shy of venturing one here on the public side), and my response was…

”I drive my Z51 spiritedly and we are going on a +5,000 mile road trip in it next month, and I am not getting any amount of extra DCT fluid.

To paraphrase, “your mileage, your personal conclusions, and your decision ‘may vary.’”
                  Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The dealer West Herr added the 2 quarts gratis during vehicle prep.

Comment

Hi everyone!!

Thanks!
                      Congrats! Pics?
                      2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural Napa 2 tone seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic, lowered w/Paragon collars and riding on BC Forged wheels 😎
                      Delivered 1/26/21 VIN 00921

Comment

This one?
                        $40.00 per Quart
                        Last edited by Buzzsaw; 07-15-2021, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Yes, I added the 2 QTS. I am not tracking it & I believe the shifts are smoother.

Comment

Originally posted by LJT View Post
                            Yes, I added the 2 QTS. I am not tracking it & I believe the shifts are smoother.
                            I am not tracking mine either. But I will drive it hard and participate in a short autocross (parking lot cone course) occasionally. I just hit 1500 miles. I know its early but I am having the filer replaced and then the two quarts added. Dealer quoted me $375. Seems logical. There is a lot of debate on this. I figure it cannot hurt.

Comment

I agree with LJT, it feels to me as if it's smoother shifting. But of course it may be the power of what I want to believe. But I also feel, if GM says it's for tracking, but they don't say to drain it after you're done tracking and it won't harm the transmission with the extra 2 quarts, and the opportunity to put the additional fluid in, then why not?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X