# 1 ME Appeal to Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am excited!
    Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

“what is the ONE overriding reason you are planning to get an ME?"

Because it is mid-engine. Pure and simple.

I have always admired the exotic Italian mid-engine cars. I have always hoped GM would make a mid-engine Corvette. Numerous times they have tried. Now finally it appears they have done it, and I couldn't be more excited.

Comment

The number one reason I’ll buy a rear mid engine corvette over a front engine corvette is the excellent turnin feel with a rear mid engine corvette .

the number two reason is I like the front sight line of a rear mid engine sports car...

those are the two personal choices of why i most want a rear mid engine sports car.

Comment

I have been an avid Corvette enthusiast since I saw my first Corvette in 1963. I am planning on getting the ME when it comes out. My first car I ever owned was a ''76 Corvette. What I'm looking forward to is the progression of the Corvette line. Each generation has been an improvement on the last and I think the upcoming ME will be the next step in the evolution/revolution of the Corvette. More power, better handling, better human/machine interface, a better Corvette. The "Best Vette Yet".

Comment

When I think about this logically, the only real answer is it's new and it's cool. The reality is that the current C7 has all the performance I can use on the street, still looks phenomenal, is practical and comfortable as all get out, and really does everything I need it to do, possibly better than the ME.

Hopefull the ME has at least as much luggage space as my 'vert.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Lightningbolt: Just read that you owned a Fiat X1/9! That was my first car! That car, with the removable targa top is where I got the name poptop in 1975. The first corvette I owned was a 1963 split rear window plastic model I got for my 10th Birthday. Both were yellow.
              Last edited by poptop2000; 09-27-2019, 01:49 AM.
              1974 Fiat X1/9, 1986 & 2000 Toyota MR2, 2005 Lotus Elise, all mid-engine. 1993 Corvette convertible. Time to merge mid-engine/Vette!
              2020 C8 Ceramic Matrix Gray, Black interior with red stitch, red seat belts, 3LT, E60 lift, ZZ3, red calipers, Spectra Gray Trident Spoke Wheels, Z51, Magnetic Select Ride Control, SC7.
              Born 2/17/2020. Got the garage ready with an epoxy floor. Two coats of epoxy, one layer of colored chips, and a coat of clear.
              My garage is my new favorite room at my house!

Comment

For me it is the fact that I can finally have a mid engine Supercar as my daily driver.

Even though the C8 has less total cargo volume it is more useful than the C7’s cargo volume. The fact that it has two separate trunks that are deeper means I can carry the things I want to carry in it.

Sometimes you have items that can’t be stored together. Having separate spaces is key to daily driving this car for me.
                Last edited by mpgxsvcd; 09-27-2019, 08:28 AM.

Comment

What attracted me and what I'm expecting is supercar performance. Handling and power all wrapped up in a nice package to be proud of.

Mark

- Just when you think you can't dig your hole any deeper, they throw the shovel in at you -

Comment

For me, it is the coolest car for the money. Period.
                    C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

It's what Zora always wanted...nuff said, drop the mic!!!

Comment

Wow I can’t believe how I missed this YEAR OLD thread.
                        Just reading what reasons were expressed a year ago and how the C8 now revealed has met and exceed them is amazing to me. Corvette’s are an American icon.No news to this fine group of folks. I’m a child of the 60’s and yes I do remember most of them. As a young man my first exposure to Corvette was Buzz and Tod cruising through my living room every week in a cool car. My fathers daily driver was a 57 TR3 so sports cars were a big part of my gear head upbringing.
                        I’m old now. I know this because my 4 yr old grandson told me that last night! I told him ...... not so old that I can’t drive a Corvette
                        he replied ......“your never old in a Corvette” From the mouth of babes.
                        I waited until the C7 came along before purchasing my 2014 ,my first Corvette. I could not resist it was a fantastic total package. Imo the pinnacle of the FE Corvette
                        I love the C7 and since that purchase the ME Corvette went from dream,to rumor,to speculation ,to spy shots , to reality! It’s an American made everyday exotic Mid-Engine sports car.
                        The cherry on top is it’s attainable by young buyers and the legacy crowd.
                        If American sports cars are your thing then this thing is for you.
                        I love the design.I love the technology. I love this Mid-engine Corvette.

I’m getting mine because someone I love told me I’ll never get old driving it.😁💸🍾

”ask yourself how old would you be , if you didn’t know the day you were born”
                        Don't let the old man in by Toby Keith.

Last edited by V1 VR; 09-27-2019, 08:37 AM.
                        2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
                        6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
                        2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
                        2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by V1 VR View Post
                          Wow I can’t believe how I missed this YEAR OLD thread.
                          Just reading what reasons were expressed a year ago and how the C8 now revealed has met and exceed them is amazing to me. Corvette’s are an American icon.No news to this fine group of folks. I’m a child of the 60’s and yes I do remember most of them. As a young man my first exposure to Corvette was Buzz and Tod cruising through my living room every week in a cool car. My fathers daily driver was a 57 TR3 so sports cars were a big part of my gear head upbringing.
                          I’m old now. I know this because my 4 yr old grandson told me that last night! I told him ...... not so old that I can’t drive a Corvette
                          he replied ......“your never old in a Corvette” From the mouth of babes.
                          I waited until the C7 came along before purchasing my 2014 ,my first Corvette. I could not resist it was a fantastic total package. Imo the pinnacle of the FE Corvette
                          I love the C7 and since that purchase the ME Corvette went from dream,to rumor,to speculation ,to spy shots , to reality! It’s an American made everyday exotic sports car.
                          The cherry on top is it’s attainable by young buyers and the legacy crowd.
                          If American sports cars are your thing then this thing is for you.
                          I love the design.I love the technology. I love this Mid-engine Corvette.

I’m getting mine because someone I love told me I’ll never get old driving it.😁💸🍾

”ask yourself how old would you be , if you didn’t know the day you were born”
                          Don't let the old man in by Toby Keith.

Great post! Glad I tuned in this morning! Thanks for sharing!👍😎
                          Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Hey everybody, new guy here. My add to this thread would that years ago I purchased a Porsche Boxster (1998). Don't shoot me please. What a great car. Balanced, tight, stuck to road like a magnet.
                            While I had it, I always thought that this thing would be fantastic if it had a real engine (thinking a V8).
                            Then rumors started surfacing around either Cadillac or Corvette would develop just that car (I think this was around 2007) and I was immediately stoked.
                            Here we are now some 12 or so years later and it is now soon to be in my Garage.
                            When people ask me how excited I am to be getting this close, I cannot find the words. After all the rumors, stops and starts the C6 turning into the C7 (both great cars) and becoming concerned that either my health or my money would run out before I would get my chance to drive one.
                            The deeper my knowledge and exposure grow of what a C8 (in my case 2LT,Z51,Mag) will be I am in Awe.
                            Or in other words "I CAN'T WAIT".
                            B&B

Comment

Welcome BlackandBlueVette ... couldn't agree more

Comment

My number one ME appeal is that GM/CHEVY finally delivered to us the ME after years of hinting and rumors! Can't wait until I get mine!
                                Last edited by Leshelt; 09-27-2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X