Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

Pricing of ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing of ME

Any firm ideas of pricing. I have seen prices starting at $65,000- $150,000. Latest was starting at $70,000 and will it be made in DSOM or another form of Orange? Thanks.

You are seeing the guessing people are making on the price No one knows anything yet1

Comment

There are many incredibly connected, public individuals who have gone on record as to the ME’s price, including Bob Lutz (“a little more than the comparable C7 version”), Don Sherman ($60K to $70K), Peter DeLorenzo (“around $5,000 more than a C7”), and others. If you average their predictions, you are around $65,000. While that might be, IMO, a touch optimistic, it would be a nice reveal surprise if GM later confirmed that amount.

Others on this forum have more than made “guesses,” for there are many forum members who are personally and directly connected to impeccable sources.

IMO, the entry 2020 ME will start at around $70,000. That does not mean however, that if one were to load every option on it, that that order would be less than around $105,000 (and it could well more than that).

Many disagree with such a low price. That is fine. The only reason I am stating this pricing here, is that I do not want anyone to dispair over their inability to afford one because of rumors such as “It starts at $169,000,” another one saying it is $150,000.

If you can afford to buy right now a new Grand Sport at list price, IMO, you will be fine. If you can afford a new, currrently discounted Z06, IMO, you will be fine. Sure nothing is in concrete until GM shares it, but no need to lose any sleep (beyond tonight’s one hour), because of excessive ME pricing rumors.

As to the chances of Sebring Orange continuing, with its massive take rate this year (way beyond GM’s estimate), it is more than highly proable that it would return next year. Beyond the tried and true colors of while, black and red, SO has been the massive color success that GM dreams of in its “off colors.”
      Last edited by John; 03-10-2019, 10:55 AM.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I am thinking $70,000 to start.

Comment

The best guess would be the c7 standard vehicle plus five grand. Then take any c8 features that are optional on the c7 that become standard on the c8, it would make sense to take the option cost on the c7 optionlist and add it to the base c8 msrp..

ie...an 8 speed automatic on the c7 is around 2 grand...if its a standard feature on the c8 the estimated formula would be:

56 grand for the standard c7 ..

add 5 grand as thats what the rumor is for the added cost over a c7.

then in this example add two grand to the standard msrp for the automatic transmission.

56 +5 + 2 = 63 grand...

if mrc is standard...you can add another 2 grand..

we are at 65 grand...

now if heavy duty cooling and suspension is standard as similiar to the z51 you can add another 5 grand to the standard price...and we are at 70 grand...

thats the best guess formula although none of us know what standard features the c8 will hold...

Comment

Great reasoning JB. Thanks. What if you are accurate on every prediction...
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

While talking to a gentleman I met this weekend, the topic of cars came up. His son, who works in the corporate offices of GM, told him there will be no disappointments with the ME,
              however he felt they were pricing it too low.

Comment

When its price is revealed, I believe many will think its price is too low for how good it is. But happy nevertheless!

The fact that he said that, and confirmed by others, suggests to me that the C7’s run is over when the C8’s start, for it not, they could price the C8 starting at $80K and still have an alternative entry price Corvette — for those who are tapped out or choose to be tapped out int he entry Grand Sport price range.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X