Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

C8 bites the dust with tragic consequences!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 bites the dust with tragic consequences!

Click image for larger version  Name:	CA09FF2D-C9AD-49B8-A959-1E281BA61D47.jpeg Views:	15 Size:	3.10 MB ID:	286865 Click image for larger version  Name:	E2D30484-A998-4521-B19F-513C3E51E1FF.jpeg Views:	15 Size:	3.12 MB ID:	286864 Click image for larger version  Name:	B2F049B6-E628-4DD2-9084-CD36285FE0EF.jpeg Views:	15 Size:	2.88 MB ID:	286863 Just saw this on my local news, a C8 ended up in a chino pool. 3 people in a 2 seat car and speeding. 2 of the 3 died. Click image for larger version  Name:	00DE2B49-F444-4004-82B6-DD46652CF827.jpeg Views:	15 Size:	3.17 MB ID:	286862
    2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural Napa 2 tone seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic, lowered w/Paragon collars and riding on BC Forged wheels 😎
    Delivered 1/26/21 VIN 00921

3 in a C8 is the first ticket to disaster and then at 2:30 AM, coupled with a sharp curve and at the least driver stupidity, and unfortunately we have this tragedy. While one would initially surmise that the two drowned, it turns out that all three were thrown from the car, e.g., no seatbelts.

Thanks to CBSLA.com

Click image for larger version  Name:	50A2F689-1BEF-40A7-B77F-85E3205D3878.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	167.3 KB ID:	286867
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Oh, wow. That's terrible. This might be a terrible assumption on my part but I'm willing to bet the 27 year old man was the driver, the two younger women were probably sharing the passenger seat (lap riding), and I'm willing to be that both speed (obvious) and alcohol or drugs were also involved.

That's terrible. As bad as this is, thankfully no other cars, pedestrians, etc. were taken out.
      2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

Given the destruction of the passenger compartment, I don't think seatbelts would have mattered much. such a senseless waste. Accidents such as this are the reason I believe specialized training should be mandatory before a diver should be allowed to operate a vehicle that has more than 200 horsepower...

Comment

Originally posted by Nooshinjohn View Post
          Given the destruction of the passenger compartment, I don't think seatbelts would have mattered much. such a senseless waste. Accidents such as this are the reason I believe specialized training should be mandatory before a diver should be allowed to operate a vehicle that has more than 200 horsepower...
          200HP is enough to generate the same result.

The energy needed to accomplish this kind of incident is a lot less than one might imagine

Comment

Even a 100 hp import can go 100 mph.... maybe. But at that speed, hitting a curb and going airborne isn't going to end well.
            2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural Napa 2 tone seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic, lowered w/Paragon collars and riding on BC Forged wheels 😎

Comment

Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes
              Darkk

Comment

Originally posted by Nooshinjohn View Post
                I'm far more in favour of graduated licences (aka specialized training) for motorcycles which my "medical friends" (doctors/nurses) refer to as "organ donors", for higher powered bikes such as 1000+ cc's since a spoiled 16 year old with a rich parent can buy a crotch rocket that'll go faster than a C8 w/o any real protection. At least a car has safety features (multiple airbags and the nannies) plus "4 walls, a floor and a ceiling" separating its occupants from the great outdoors. But yes, any high powered car will pose a danger when driven recklessly. Unfortunately, this won't be the last C8 we hear of involving a fatality.

Some years ago I sold my 328 HP 3.7 L V-6 Infinity G37X with good "get up and go" and happily turned down a father after he told me he wanted to buy it for his 16 year old's first vehicle. I couldn't talk him out of it and wound up selling it for less to a 30+ year old with a good head on his shoulders. I know I lost money...but I was able to sleep better at night...

Comment

80 MPH is 80, and 130 is what it is, regardless of the HP. Brakes? Handling? Driver error?

Drugs and alcohol are likely suspects.

But, An unusual outcome may have an unusual causality. The extra passenger may have obstructed the driver. Three adults driving in the C8 in highway conditions is inherently dangerous. With three people in the car the operator needed a stunt drivers licensee. And the stunt based upon hours of practice by the driver and 2 passengers.

Oh. Right. Drunk and high on top of it. Makes a story. But if wrong then it violates , already, wounded hearts. God bless all.

X: Playing the GoodGuy.

One can see the passenger(s) falling over in the C8 drivers cockpit, without closing my eyes.
                  Last edited by SheepDog; 07-07-2021, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Life is short, why risk making it shorter by stupidity. May God Bless all involved in this train of tragic consequences.
                    07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

Did you see the attached video at beginning of this thread? That corner was a 25 mph hard 90° corner! No car could have made that corner at even half the rumored speed. Just plain stupidity and was probably daddy's car.

Comment

I think it's a tragedy, we were all that young and stupid once.

Comment

If a passenger is not nailed down in the C8. Then add hard acceleration, braking, and cornering. Then the unbelted passenger(s) may end up anywhere and in the operator's area.

Comment

According to this article https://jalopnik.com/two-dead-after-...he-1847246035:

Police in a Fox 11 report state that the intersection in question has a speed limit of 15 mph. They believe the Corvette tried to take the turn at more than 150 mph.

Someone posted a street view, it is a long straight followed by a real sharp corner.
                            2021 HTC 2LT, NPP, Mag ride

Comment

Terrible tragedy, caused by very poor decisions, having experienced something similar to this personally,I can say its going to change many lives forever.Prayers to all families involved.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X