Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #80 - Meet Famed Corvette Race Car Driver, Andy Pilgrim

If you're a fan of Corvette Racing, you'll absolutely love this podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...FH4VXOYBcu2ZSx. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, sits down with famed Corvette Racing driver, Andy Pilgrim, to discuss his illustrious career. Andy takes you back to his days in Great Britain, where he started racing motorcycles. He tells you how he got to the United States and how he got invited to be a part of the Corvette Racing team. Pilgrim talks about his 20+ years racing, his time at Le Mans and much more.

Also find out what andy is doing today along with his association with the National Corvette Museum and the Motorsports Park.
It's an fascinating listen about one of the drivers who helped kick on Corvette Racing on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...SjjEXUt_UlOPPQ
2 of 3 < >

The Official GM Z06 Press Release Will Be Here Tuesday @ 12:01 Pm (ET)

See more
See less

C8 Is A Stingray: Your Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Is A Stingray: Your Thoughts?

Your thoughts please about the 2020 mid engine Corvette being called a “Stingray.” You like that it continues? Or are you bummed that it is not a differentiated enough of a name from the entry 2014-2019 C7’s? Do you instead wish it were called a “Sharkray” or something else?
    Last edited by John; 03-08-2019, 09:55 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Remembing this fantastic 2009 Stingray concept. Looking at the back deck of it, just wondering if the 2020 might share the name with the C7 Stingray, but have a different looking emblem.

As to the OP’s question, I prefer Stingray to MantaRay. We know Chief ME Designer Ed Welburn likes to sometimes repeat or modify past design themes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DB6009C9-7EDB-429A-94DA-8D18A1E87482.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	278.8 KB ID:	28677
    Last edited by C8Driving; 03-08-2019, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Stingray is great, It has brand recognition and they're running with it!

Hey did you all see the new MidEngine Stingray?..... can't wait to hear people saying that!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Your thoughts please about the 2020 mid engine Corvette being called a “Stingray.”
        Doesn't matter what its called.

Comment

I would have preferred something different as it will be a completely different car. However Stingray is a great Corvette name.

Comment

Love the Stingray name. The first car I ever fell in love with, as a child, was the 63 Sting Ray.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I feel it would be wise to call it a Stingray, all about Brand Recognition. If they called it a Zora most would not have a clue who even makes it. Of course all the gearheads would, but others Not.
              Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

It seems to me that from the very beginning of the C7, most non-Corvette owners/enthusiasts referred to it as a Corvette. Within the Corvette community there was a fair amount of discussion as to whether all C7s were to be known as Stingrays, or only some versions. GM similarly spent time explaining how different the C7 was to prior models except for its heritage and homage to the original Sting Ray, and the time/effort/energies they spent in feeling that the use of it was appropriate and fitting for the C7.

I would be surprised if the moniker Stingray was carried forward to the C8, unless there are substantial and clear links beyond it being a Corvette.
                'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13- Sold Oct '21
                Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
                Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
                blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Comment

Could it also be that the ME, which was slated to be the 7th Gen Corvette until the economy led GM to put the ME on the back burner, was going to be the new Stingray and that they simply tagged the FE C7 with the name because that would be a great marketing decision too?

Comment

I like the Stingray name. Hopefully the chrome Stringray logo (located behind the rear glass) will be on the C8.

Comment

Call the c8 whatever gm marketing thinks is best...all the while the worlds slowest rollout.

Comment

I like Stingray, it brings the heritage forward and retains recognition with the public.
                        There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                        79 coupe Silver/oyster
                        All one owner
                        Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                          Call the c8 whatever gm marketing thinks is best...all the while the worlds slowest rollout.
                          The old quality triangle of speed, price and quality, and that you can only have two. I will take good, inexpensive and slow development any time.

Impatience is not nearly as important as getting it right, and getting it at the right price.
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Stingray name is ok with me. I'm also a fan of the Mako Shark name. If they stay with Stingray, I'd like for them to use the name on the exterior of the car somewhere. Whatever script / font that best fits the styling.

Comment

Honestly, I don't care if they call it BRUCE! I'm really getting tired of the wait and the speculation. I'm very much looking forward to the accolades and grumbling that is certain to follow the reveal. You know, those that think it's the greatest thing on wheels versus those whining about the tail lights and lack of space for golf clubs....
                              2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur, Chevy SSr

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X